Author Topic: cervical cerclage, bed rest from 13wks UPDATE - She's arrived!!!!!  (Read 4255 times)

Smittymelly

• View Profile
Hey Arlene
Stay strong. I'm happy you made it to 30 weeks. I think it's possible to hold out a couple more weeks but if you don't, you have still done amazing. Bedrest is so hard and it's even harder when you have a little one at home.
I'm 30 weeks tomorrow and my daughter will turn 2 next month and I really wanted to do something special for her birthday but I can't.
I am pretty strict on bedrest but sometimes I'm starving and I get up to get a snack, and I feel guilty for getting up.
I also have to redo my gestational diabetes test because I failed my screening test. I was just over 8.
These babies must be extra special! Keep on cookin...

Arlene1308

• View Profile
Re: cervical cerclage, bed rest from 13wks - She's arrived!!!!
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2016 at 04:36 AM »
After starting bed rest at 13wks and continuing for over 17wks and then hospitalised with PROM at 30 +4, my daughter made her arrival at 31 +3 and is just perfect! She is exactly 1lb heavier and an additional gestation of 1wk 3days than my first preemie daughter and the difference is paramount. Our bedrest journey may be over (although had an emergency section so will be a few weeks yet before I can take advantage!  :)) our new neonatal journey begins, of which I'm hoping will be positive.  I do not doubt for a second that without the enforced bedrest, we would not have gotten this far. For all you mums who are starting or in the middle of that journey, hold tight because the end result more than makes up for it and you can be so proud of yourself that you are doing everything you possibly can to give your baby the best start in life!!! It's amazing how quickly it feels like a lifetime ago once you move to the next stage. Good luck to you all!! Xxx
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016 at 04:38 AM by Arlene1308 »

Natlg

• View Profile
Re: cervical cerclage, bed rest from 13wks UPDATE - She's arrived!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2016 at 07:25 AM »
Ariene congratulations on the safe arrival of your daughter, you have done amazing completing 17 weeks on bedrest and your words are very true. Please keen us updated on your neonatal experience I am sure she will be out of there in no time. was she breathing by herself? What was her weight? So happy she came out perfect. Have you chosen a name yet?

Hopefully your feeling not to bad from the c section, make sure you rest up in readiness for your daughter. Well done again.

Arlene1308

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2016 at 11:04 AM »
Hi Natlg! How are you doing? You are continually knocking down those milestones!

Her name is Amy and she was 3lbs and 9oz. She has been on room air since she was born yesterday. She is on Cpap to assist her lungs but is slowly bring weaned off it over the next few days. This afternoon she had her first sample of breast milk in her tube feed so hopefully on her way to building up her immune system. My first daughter was 2lb 10oz and the difference in size and in body fat between the two is remarkable. Having been down the neonatal route with our first daughter chloe it makes this seem that little bit easier because we know what challenges we may face and what lies ahead...

Hopefully your little one keeps cooking and you won't have to embark on this.

Good luck!! Xxx

ceecee31

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2016 at 11:06 AM »
Congratulations Arlene!!! So happy to hear that your little girl is doing well. :)
And you made it through 17 weeks of bed rest which is amazing - three cheers for you!!

Do keep us updated on how you are all doing.  :D

Smittymelly

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2016 at 12:19 PM »
Congratulations on your precious little girl. 17 weeks of bedrest is amazing!
Please keep us posted and I hope your nicu visit is quick and you and baby will be home snuggling on the couch on no time.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2016 at 01:24 PM »
Congratulations!!! Thank you for sharing this journey with us and sharing the happy news! You did great, mama!

There's a fantastic group for parents of preemies here: http://www.inspire.com/groups/preemie Everyone is SO helpful and compassionate. I really encourage you to join the group.

You'll also want to check out the list of resources at The Preemie Parent Alliance page here: http://bit.ly/RWANzt

Please don't be afraid to ask for support during this time. There is a huge preemie community ready to help you, and please be sure to share with your friends and family the ways they can help you during this time (laundry, go to the grocery store, bring you clothes and food to the hospital, drive you around). Never be afraid to ask for help.

Big hugs to all!

Angela

christieparks

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2016 at 03:52 PM »
Congratulations, Arlene!! So proud of you for sticking with it and protecting your sweet girl!!

I'm so happy to hear she is doing so well and was born at a great weight for her gestation! Good job, mommy! Hugs!
On bedrest with our first pregnancy, beginning at 27w3d for short cervix (0.00 cm) and preterm labor. Kept our daughter cooking until her birth at 37w3d, and she is perfect! Born 1/7/16, weighing 6 lbs 10.5 oz, 18.5 inches long!

Kmm05

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2016 at 11:32 PM »
Congratulations!  I'm so happy to hear that your little one was able to cook for almost another week after your water broke.  As you know that was so beneficial for her.  She was a good weight and it sounds like she is doing well.  I hope her NICU stay is short and uneventful and she is home with you in no time.  Please let us know how things are going as you have the time. 

Zoe2017

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2017 at 09:11 PM »
I just found your story. Just started bed rest with cerclage at 12 weeks....  very little cervix. And....a 4 year old son. 

Thank you for having shared your journey....  it gives me hope

X

Nickiedd

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2017 at 10:25 PM »
Hi Zoe! How is it going so far? I just had a cerclage placed a week ago at 13.5 weeks as a preventative measure due to past incompetent, dynamic, funneling cervix and a preterm baby at 29 weeks.  I'm taking it easy for one more week but wasn't told to bed rest.   I still have cramping from the surgery, was told I have an irritated pelvic floor. Lol, after the surgery I'm not surprised!i also have a 4yr old son at home.
Dear Son #1
9 Angel babies
Dear Son #2 arrived early at 29 weeks doing great Dec 2012
Sneaker Suprise #3 (Girl!) Due Aug 22nd 2017
Cerclage placed at 13.5 Weeks