Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for October 12, 2015  (Read 6749 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for October 12, 2015
« on: October 12, 2015 at 01:14 PM »
Happy Monday!

I hope each of you will schedule something today to anticipate. For example:

*Order a new book/movie/game that you have been wanting.
*Have a great friend bring you lunch or dinner from a favorite place.
*Ask someone to finally take care of that thing around the house that has been driving you crazy but you just haven't felt comfortable asking.

Remember that you are an important person doing an important job!  Don't hesitate to ask for the care and attention you need.  :)

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Live chat: Tuesdays at 2! Join us every Tuesday at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific for a live chat with other bedrest moms. http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/
Go Fund Me: http://www.gofundme.com/m4mq5o

Kmuss

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for October 12, 2015
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015 at 02:12 PM »
STILL PREGNANT  :D 25 weeks, 1 day! 6 days from my next goal, 2 days from my next doctor appointment. My mom visited on Saturday and did some of the cleaning detail work that hubby isn't able to do with work and everything and a good friend of mine brought me dinner last night and we had a great visit. This week I am resting in a clean house with clean laundry and mentally that makes a big difference! Looking forward to seeing how everyone is doing!

heavenbound

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015 at 02:51 PM »
Kmuss- congrats on being so close to your next goal! Each milestone is so important and exciting!

Today I'm 36.2 and having some fairly strong and mildly painful contractions. I'm hoping to make it until sat. When I'll be 37 weeks. Hubby has a home football game this weekend so I'll feel much more at rest knowing he will be close by...the weeks afterwards he will be out of town on Fridays and Saturdays, (he coaches HS football on top of his regular job) and that makes me nervous.

Today my mom pcked us up takeout from my favorite local deli and tonight some friends are bringing dinner. Angela, you had a good idea about asking for some specific help around the house. Now that I'm only days away from being off bedrest, I'm finding it impossible to ask for any help and I'm sure that's why I'm having painful contractions again. Nesting syndrome is in full-force and I have an intense desire to scrub the entire house. I guess I'll try and enlist the help of my kiddos and mom.

This week I'm also anticipating getting baby's take-home outfit delivered in the mail. Shopping online isn't as fun as baby shopping in-person but I have to admit, it was thrilling to find an outfit I like and now the excitement waiting for it to arrive.

On Friday I have a 4D ultrasound- the last one before baby arrives- and my weekly OBGYN appt. this will be the first time the doctor checks my cervix since it shortened/funneled/dilated at 24 weeks. I'm so curious to find out where I'm at 13 weeks later.

Hopefully everyone is having a good week so far and is remaining stress-free. Keep those babies cookin mommas!!!
Holding on to God's Promises,

Shannon Faith

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

Jralex

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015 at 03:17 PM »
Happy Monday!
I'm 25 weeks + 1 today. Felt great to hit another week. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow. I just hope my cervix is finally not shortening. My contractions have been getting really painful this week. My mom was sick so she couldn't come over this weekend but I was able to entertain my two year old with a Lego game on the tablet so that hubby could do some laundry and dishes. I had a rough weekend, but I woke up feeling more positive. Trying to stay distracted.

jensine449

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015 at 04:21 PM »
So bummed! I wrote a post and it never showed so here's #2 :-)

Hi everyone, happy Monday! I am currently 36w3d today (so relieved!). Thursday is another ultrasound and an OB appt. Friday will be 37 weeks! i have my first hair cut since May scheduled at 2PM :-) I scheduled one for last Friday but contractions were crazy and doc told me to stay preggers til 37 weeks! I'm most excited to have my eyebrows waxed!!

I am happy to hear everyone's updates, sounds like we're in positive places, waiting patiently! Have an awesome week everyone!

Kmuss

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015 at 05:42 PM »
Jralex, we are due date twins!  8) You are my first due date twin on any forum that I am on!

babsmypoodle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015 at 06:10 PM »
hi ladies!

This week is a no doctors appointment week for me so it'll go by slow.still haven't heard back from my doctor if i have GD or not but my little one was in the 33rd percentile last time we had a scan and my mfm said if I had GD for a while she would be a lot bigger so I'm hoping the 3 hr test shows I don't have GD

28 weeks and 4 days today. 9 weeks of bed rest down, 7.5 to go !

I am really looking forward to next week I have appointments on monday and wed. And then my best friend is flying in from florida for the weekend to visit ! So next week should be great this week I am going to try and push through it.

jensine- getting my hair down is the first thing I am going to do when i'm off bed rest ! Ah friday will b a GREAT day for you !! have you left the house for anything other then doctors appointments yet ?

heavenbound- saturday is just 5 days away after all you've been through you can totally make it another 5 days !!

Jralex & Kmuss- good luck at your doctor appointments this week. hope your cervix is behaving itself!

Kimberly686

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2015 at 06:37 PM »
I'm here at 23+3. I officially called work and told them I'm going on leave. I've been doing very short shifts but after Wednesday last week I've been having a lot more contractions and pressure. I started having contractions every 3-5 minutes today which scared the crap out of me!  I had already taken a procardia and so I took a vistaril and they calmed down. I went ahead and called the doc who said to just keep taking the meds and don't over do it. I could have gone in for a cervical length (I have a cerclage), but it's a long drive and the appointments take forever, so my husband and I decided to just rest. It seems like another activity is taken from me every day, but we are getting there! 

Jralex

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2015 at 07:46 PM »
Kmuss,

Same here! You're the first with the same due date as me. We'll celebrate each milestone together :)

heavenbound

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2015 at 08:06 PM »
Jralex- 25 weeks is awesome!! Let us know how your appointment goes tomorrow and how that cervix of yours is doing!

Jensine- 37 weeks is only 4 days away!!! Oh how nice to get an eyebrow wax and hair cut. You're going to look and feel like a million bucks!! You have your ultrasound and appt. a day before mine. Hopefully, we'll both get great news!

Babsmypoodke- you have a great week scheduled for next week so just hold on to knowing it will be extra special next week after a boring one this week. Hey, you're almost 29 weeks and that's reason to be excited too!!!

Kimberly- you're almost to a huge milestone- you go momma! I don't blame you for resigning and devoting yourself to more rest to help get contractions under control! You're being so selfless!!

Is anyone else having issues with typing posts? Every letter is so delayed its hard for me to check for typos...so sorry if I have a bunch. I'm also laying down using my iPhone because it's lighter than my iPad so the keys are small. ????

Shannon Faith

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2015 at 12:21 PM »
Hi, ladies! Please do your best to join the Live Chat today. Being able to type in real time to connect with other bedrest moms will feel SO good! The Live Chat is at 2 pm Eastern time, which is 11 am Pacific time. You can stop by the chat room now to check it out: http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/

Jralex

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2015 at 10:45 AM »
I thought I should update. My appointment went well! There was no change to my cervix this time. It was .9cm. Also the babies have both grown a lot. She said that they were big for twins. Yay! I get go stay home another week.

jensine449

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2015 at 12:18 PM »
Jralex that is great news!!! :-) thanks for the update

heavenbound

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2015 at 03:11 PM »
Jralex- that's wonderful news! I love happy updates and yay for big twins!!!

Shannon Faith

Teemeg

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2015 at 01:01 AM »
Hi Ladies
I have been quiet but am still standing. I have just been extremely tired and exhausted. 37 weeks and still hanging. My back is killing me though.....but I am more than thankful that I am officially considered full term. Lots of new people I see. Yall keep hanging on, doing everything the doctors ask and the days will become weeks and before you know it, it will be all over.....