Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for October 12, 2015  (Read 6381 times)

babsmypoodle

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for October 12, 2015
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2015 at 11:57 AM »
Teemeg- I was wondering how you were ! How was your baby shower? Congrats on hitting the 37 mark!!!!

Teemeg

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2015 at 12:16 PM »
Hey Babs

God is so gracious. The baby shower went great. People were very generous and even got us all the big gifts. The only thing we had to buy for our baby was the mattress for her crib otherwise we got everything.

How are you doing???

« Last Edit: October 16, 2015 at 12:18 PM by Teemeg »

babsmypoodle

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2015 at 12:32 PM »
Teemeg- That is so great.  What a relief to have received everything you need besides the mattress. Especially since you were on bed rest it's not like you could just go out and shop. You were on bed rest so long, great job for making it full term. I'm glad you updated us!

I'm doing well. I hit 29 weeks yesterday which felt great I can't wait to be in the 30s. I day dream about what it will be like when I get off bed rest. Have you been getting out of the house a lot ? Or after being on bed rest is it too tiring?

heavenbound

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2015 at 04:24 PM »
Hi ladies! Had my ultrasound and OBGYN appt. today. Ultrasound was great- those 4D pictures are amazing. Baby is weighing 6 lbs and we got to see him smile and suck on his fist- this baby totally cracks me up!

Internal exam is showing baby is way WAY down and my cervix is dilated 2 cm. down know when baby will show up but tomorrow I'll be 37 weeks- PTL!

I'm getting excited about holding baby in my arms!
Holding on to God's Promises,

Shannon Faith

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

babsmypoodle

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2015 at 05:17 PM »
Shannon,

Can you believe how far you've come?! Truly amazing ! Hooray for tomorrow.  Glad your little man is doing so well those 4d ultrasounds are wild. Are you doing/ going anywhere special to celebrate hitting the 37 mark?

heavenbound

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2015 at 11:06 PM »
Babsmypoodle- I'm constantly in awe that I've made it this far- it's truly a testament to God's faithfulness in spite of my doubt.

I had planned to go to Starbuckss for breakfast and hubby's football party but ironically I came down with a chest cold on my first day of freedom in 3.5 months! Oh well, so the story goes...what's another day spent in bed in the long run. At least I can breathe a sigh of relief knowing baby will be okay if he decides to make his appearance!

Keep up the hard work mommas- it's so so SO worth it!!!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015 at 11:30 AM by heavenbound »

Shannon Faith

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

jensine449

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2015 at 12:02 AM »
Ugh, you got sick Shannon? I suspect I'm right behind you--heading for work at school on Monday. I've been in a little incubator away from people!

Feel better soon :-) yay for 37 weeks!

babsmypoodle

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2015 at 12:58 AM »
Ahh Shannon I'm sorry to hear your first day of freedom was blocked by a cold! Not fair. But at least you can relax now that you are officially full term! Woo-hoo!!

heavenbound

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2015 at 11:42 AM »
Thanks ladies!!! It's never ending with this pregnancy...now they're concerned I have preeclampsia so I have to do a 24 hour urine test and some blood work...I'm truly doubtful I have it. I've been checking my blood pressure at home sbdbits never been high. I think the one high reading at the office was a fluke or maybe I was just super excited after the ultrasound...I was squealing with glee. Haha!

Jensine- yay for going back to work on Monday. I miss work but was planning on resigning once baby was born anyway so I won't be going back. Being a high school principal must be a rewarding job!! I was a high school assistant athletic director and I always enjoyed the constant interaction with the students. My favorite part about it was the high school athletes who'd hang out in my office during lunch period or if they didn't have strength and conditioning or cheering them on during their games! So, I'm sure you're looking forward to seeing all of your kiddos and meeting the new ones!! Let us know how your first day goes!

Shannon Faith

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2015 at 09:13 AM »
Teemeg! What a journey it has been... and it keeps going! I'm so excited to see you at 37 weeks! Recovering from bedrest is tough. I'm sorry you're feeling so worn out. Are you able to go for short walks to start building up your strength? I know even going up and down stairs can be difficult (or even standing for a shower), so that idea might seem crazy right now. Soon you'll be carrying around a lot less weight and hopefully your back will feel better right away. (((hugs)))