Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Positive ffn test  (Read 3804 times)

Jralex

• View Profile
Positive ffn test
« on: October 09, 2015 at 01:12 AM »
My doctor called tonight to tell me that my ffn was positive this time. I'm 24 weeks 5 days. Has anyone else received a positive?  How far have you gotten after?

Chachamcmuff

• View Profile
Re: Positive ffn test
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015 at 09:26 AM »
My ob told me there are a lot of things that can give you a false positive, crossing my fingers it's one of those!

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015 at 09:58 AM »
It's true about false positives! And it may just have been that. (Had you had a recent vaginal exam or bleeding before you took the test? Are you on progesterone suppositories? Maybe that can cause a false positive.) A negative result reassures you that there is more than a 99 percent chance you will not deliver within the next two weeks. BUT a positive result on an fFN test doesn't offer any specific time frame. Consider it an opportunity for you and your doctor to be more proactive.

I have seen MANY women on here get a positive result and keep cookin' for weeks and even months. Try not to let it get you down. I know you're doing all you can, so just keep it up!  :)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015 at 10:02 AM by Angela »

Jralex

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015 at 11:37 AM »
It's unlikely to be a false positive.  There was no reason for it to be. I did read that a positive doesn't tell when you will go into labor though which is comforting in a way. Only 17% deliver within the first two weeks. Hoping I go a long time.  My doctor has already been doing everything anyway because of my very short cervix. I've had the steroid shots and taking procardia while on complete bedrest. She said all we can do is wait and monitor for signs of labor. I don't know why this is making me feel so horrible.  I think it's just another reminder of what I'm faced with. I want to make it to at least 32 weeks but I'm not even 25 now. It seems so far away...

babsmypoodle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015 at 11:52 AM »
Jralex-
I've heard about many women who have a positive ffn test but don't go into labor for weeks/months. Hopefully your in that 83% that don't deliver in the first two weeks. Stay positive the days are long but the weeks are short!

jensine449

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015 at 02:43 PM »
Thinking of you!!! I know it must feel stressful, especially with the uncertainty that comes with a positive. But who knows?! Keep thinking happy thoughts for your beautiful baby, and know that many women go on for very long times after a positive. Sending good thoughts your way! :-)

heavenbound

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2015 at 12:34 AM »
Sweetie, I too had a positive fFN test at 24.1 weeks. Here I am at 36.1 and am still very much pregnant. I know it's much MUCH easier said than done, but try to focus on relaxing your mind and body. Stress makes things worse so try to stay calm. You can do this!!! It's a good thing your doctors are being so proactive- it's so reassuring!!!
Holding on to God's Promises,

Shannon Faith

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

Jralex

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2015 at 03:37 AM »
Thanks everyone! I'm going to keep focusing on staying positive.  The last few days I really haven't been good at that. It's so hard not knowing what will happen. 

Heavenbound, it's reassuring hearing you make it that far after a positive! I feel like all the odds are against me right now but I know that it's not impossible when I see stories like yours.

heavenbound

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2015 at 12:03 AM »
Jralex- I too found it difficult to stay positive when everything seemed stacked against me. I found it so helpful to meditate on Bible verses with God's promises. They helped keep me calm and my focus where it needed to be in spite of all the drama surrounding me!
Holding on to God's Promises,

Shannon Faith

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28