Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for November 9, 2015  (Read 3815 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for November 9, 2015
« on: November 09, 2015 at 09:04 AM »
Hello, Supermoms! And you really are heroes. I know you'd do anything to keep your babies safe, but bedrest can still be so very hard.

So let us know how many weeks along you are and what you've been doing to stay busy. What are you looking forward to this week? Any ultrasounds or other appointments? Any friends coming to visit? Keep looking forward, mamas!

Keep 'em cookin'!
Angela

Please help me keep doing what I do: Go Fund Me: http://www.gofundme.com/m4mq5o
Live chat: Tuesdays at 2! Join us every Tuesday at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific for a live chat with other bedrest moms. http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/

Beth_Stack

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for November 9, 2015
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015 at 09:25 AM »
Happy Monday, everyone!

Hope you're all doing well! I'll be 29 wks tomorrow! So happy to have made it this far! Based on last week's appointments, I seem to be holding steady at 1 cm dilated, but still maintaining a good thickness. I've had bouts of cramping and contractions here & there, but luckily not enough to warrant a trip back to Labor & Delivery. I hope to relax at home until Friday, when I have 3 appointments:  first with the doctor for a check and my progesterone injection, then with a gestational diabetes educator, and finally a nutritionist. I hate having to be up and about for so long, but I guess it's unavoidable...

Good luck with all of your check-ups this week. Can't wait to read all of the updates! :)

Kmuss

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015 at 09:30 AM »
Hey gals! I am 29 weeks and 1 day today! Each day is a day I wasn't expected to reach, so I am ecstatic every day to wake up pregnant, even on the hard days. I have been keeping busy mostly by reading and watching TV, and when my husband is off work we play board games and he helps me check things off my list of things that need to get ready before baby comes! This week I get to go to my 3d ultrasound (sooo excited we are allowed to go!) on Wednesday, and then Thursday is my next cervix check at my MFM. Next Saturday a friend of mine is coming for lunch while our husbands are working.

This past week was WAY more eventful than planned. Tuesday night I was up most of the night with cramping and discomfort that felt like it was digestion-related. Then at my OB appointment Wednesday morning I started spotting and went into panic mode, but thankfully was already at the OB. He examined me and I had a yeast infection (phew, so relieved that is all it was!). I also had my 1hr glucose test and I failed by 7 points, and my iron also was low! I got prescribed some iron supplements and then had to go back for the 3hr glucose Friday which I thankfully passed!

Hope you ladies have had a good week! Looking forward to reading the updates! :)

Natlg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015 at 11:12 AM »
Well done Beth and Kmuss!

I'm 19 weeks 2 days now. Started with quite a low Monday, after waiting for 3 weeks for my next cervical scan the hospital told me that the doctor could not make surgery today and that I would have to wait till next week. I felt so upset, as I was counting down the days to today's appointment to understand what is happening. After voicing my concerns I have managed to get another appointment tomorrow, which I am ecstatic about.

I'm getting quite a lot of kicks lower down my abdomen so I don't know whether I have started funelling yet...all will be revealed tomorrow.

I have also this week had very sore, tender pains on your pantie line, it's a dull ache that is constantly in the background.....has anyone else experienced this? 2 nights this week I woke up from sleeping and had to take painkillers which settled it. I don't get much advice from the midwifes, they just say are you bleeding, have you got a lot of discharge and when I say no they say it's growing pains....but I didn't know whether it could be my cervix shortening? What's your thoughts?

kgkane

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015 at 01:27 PM »
Hi all... Made it 26 weeks and 3 days!  having a tough time sleeping at nights.  It's hard not to nap during the days, but I've been fighting it! I Can feel baby getting bigger, which is great, but am nervous he/she is running out of space!  My uterus has a small partial  septum in it, and baby is transverse breech so I can feel it's head sticking out my side at times. 

Having my cervix checked again Tuesday and have just been practicing positive mantras reassuring myself that I am strong and my baby is strong and I am certain that bed rest is working!
Good luck to all you lovely ladies out there.  My boss stopped by and brought me an adult colouring book....it's been very therapeutic and a great time filler.  You can order them on Amazon and are totally worth it in my opinion..... My eyes can only take so much screen time!

Have a great, healthy week growing babies!

Kmuss

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015 at 02:05 PM »
natlg- I have also had the low low low kicks, and when we caught it on ultrasound it was affecting my cervix around week 22, but at week 26 the baby moved up quite a bit and it make a huge difference! As for the panty line pain, there are a couple things I could think of that it may be. At the part of pregnancy you are in, your hips are probably doing some widening and you might be feeling some of that in that area. There is also a pretty common pregnancy condition called symphisis pubic dysfunction that causes varying levels of discomfort around the pubic bone. I have had it for about the past month and it is very painful at times, and just annoying at other times. Some women get it very severely, but most don't! I would ask at your appointment tomorrow.

Beth- woohoo for 29 weeks! Feels awesome to be at this point! :) Congrats momma!

kgkane- I have uterus didelphys and a breech baby, and I feel his head poking out of my side too, many times! Very strange isn't it!? I am glad to hear someone else is experiencing this because I thought it was such a weird feeling. I have felt these past couple weeks that my little guy is running out of space too (he's already over 3 lbs) but the doctor said even though he's unlikely to turn at this point because of space restrictions, he's still got enough space to fatten up a bit before he's born. Good luck at your appt Tuesday!!

JoansJojo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015 at 02:13 PM »
Hello ladies!! Im 32 weeks today! I've been in bed rest for the past 5 weeks. My next goal is 34 weeks and then my doctor says i can get up and do my things gently around the house and maybe go out to dine! I cant wait to finish the nursery! The highlight of last week was to get my blood drawn... I got to leave the house and had breakfast out with my husband. That felt sooo good :) This week i have a growth ultrasound to know how's my little one :)

This week i started knitting! I really dont know what my project is gonna be because i can only knit "straight ahead"... Maybe a scarf? Oh well.. at least it's one more thing that helps passing time.

My baby kicks and stretches are so stong now that sometimes they actually hurt! A lot! I have to change position because it feels so uncomfortable. But i really dont mind :) Oh and he has hiccups 3 times a day.

Have a good week ladies and remember that every time we catch up in the monday roll call its a victory for us and our little ones. We can do this :) And the good news is that time only goes one way!

Carinotwins

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015 at 08:26 PM »
Hello Lovely ladies,

33weeks and 1day today with these growing boys! Contractions are really getting crazy even with procardia 20mg, sometimes they are between 7-10mins apart and this started on Friday. I called the doctors today and she said as long as they are not getting stronger then it shouldn't be a concern. My highlight this week is having my NST and growth scan on Wednesday, i am excited to see how these boys grew the past 3 weeks, we also finished the boys nursery, actually my husband did :).

Anyone experiencing these kinds of contractions as well?

Been on bedrest for 11 weeks now. As much as how done i am with bedrest, i am so thankful to have made it this far. And still praying for a few more weeks.

Let's keep cooking ladies! ;)

JoansJojo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2015 at 04:13 AM »
Carinotwins: My contractions almost went away because im also on Procardia but my dose is 60mg a day!!! I probably have 2 or 3 contractions per day and only when i get up. Nest week my doctor wants me to decrease my dose to 30mg a day... lets see how my body reacts...

My growth scan is thursday! I'm also excited! :) I hope baby is happy, healthy and big!

Natlg

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015 at 06:59 AM »
Quick update from scan today, no change after 3 weeks which I am happy about. Cervix 30mm and still not funnelling. Next appointment in another 3 weeks. They also think the pains are growing and stretching pains.

Here's to another week mommas!

JoansJojo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2015 at 08:55 AM »
Natlg: Excelent news!!!! 30mm is a good number! Uhhhuhhh  ;D

Carinotwins

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2015 at 07:29 PM »
Joansjojo- I am so glad your contractions stopped or slowed down. I am only taking 20mg abd the side effects are already making me crazy. How are you reacting with the 60mg and how often are you taking them?

JoansJojo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2015 at 03:55 AM »
Carinotwins: I take one pill at breakfast (30mg) and onother one at dinner (30mg). My pills are the slow release ones. It helps with the side effects. The first two weeks i was always ligtheaded, sweating, with hot flashes and my face was always red! But after those inicial two weeks my sintoms subsided. Now i dont feel any side effects. i think my body got used to them.

You've been on procardia for how long? Oh one thing that i still suffer from procardia is that i have massive gum bleedind when i brush! I had to buy a new extra soft tooth brush but i still bleed like hell!!

Carinotwins

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2015 at 05:36 PM »
Joansjojo- I've been taking them for 11weeks now since 23weeks, i started with 10mg and the contractions increased around 30weeks so my doctors changed it to 20mg every 6hours. I get swollen and gum bleeding when brushing as well, and another side effect for me is having an insomnia. Dunno if it is from procardia.