Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Roll Call for Monday May 10: Welcome!  (Read 4507 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Roll Call for Monday May 10: Welcome!
« on: May 10, 2010 at 07:00 AM »
A big welcome to the many new forum members who have joined us over the past few days! We're looking forward to getting to know you!

And to ALL the ladies, let us know how many weeks you are, if you have any OB appointments this week, and what you are looking forward to. A certain book, or TV show, a special meal or a visit from a friend?

I know this week we should have some mamas checking in who are at the 37 week mark and beyond. I love to see the success stories!

Keep 'em cookin' mamas!
Angela

ladygartman

• View Profile
Re: Roll Call for Monday May 10: Welcome!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010 at 07:53 AM »
35weeks and 2days...I'm counting down the days until May 21!  Amnio and c-section scheduled that day unless something happens before then.  11 days!!  Can't believe it's been more than 8 weeks in the hospital.  We really are stronger than we think.

bianca419

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010 at 10:47 AM »
38 weeks and 2 days. Still cookin'. I feel like I've been in early labor for over a week. I've been off my meds since the end of April and I've been contracting ever since but still no signs of "real" labor. It makes me wonder what would have happened if I didn't go on bed rest. I know the medicine worked and tamed my contractions, but what about the 13 weeks of strict bed rest? I go today to see if my cervix has dilated. I'm not trying to diminish what anyone else is doing - but my cervix never dilated nor did it ever really shorten to an alarming degree, so I'm left wondering why. Was I just lucky? Or did the bed rest keep my cervix from dilating? I guess I'll never know, because it's not as if I'd ever test that theory. Why put my child's life in danger? Life is more important than work.

All I know is right now I do not enjoy contracting (who does?!) and I wish all of the contractions were going somewhere, since now it has been deemed safe for me to deliver.

MVetter1211

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010 at 11:46 AM »
31 weeks & 4 days!  Have been on bed rest for almost 6 weeks.  I am looking forward to tomorrow because a book I want to read is coming out and my husband is going to go buy it for me.  I am also looking forward to Thursday because I will be 32 weeks and I have a doctors appointment.

LadyMtBiker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010 at 12:06 PM »
I'm starting 34 weeks, today!  And, the midwvies said I can skip my appointment this week if all is well.  I plan to cancel it.

Looking forward to a delivery in the mail... baby stuff!  I have no idea what could be in there, except the thoughtfulness of a good friend.

wombat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010 at 01:07 PM »
i delivered last weekend (5/1 @ 8:39pm EST). Began bleeding at noon from placental abruption, previous bleeds stopped within hour, this one continued throughout afternoon and had regular contractions, so we went in for an urgent c-section at 35wks 2days (after 8wks 2days of mandatory bedrest; 41days of that bedrest were in the hospital high risk pregnancy wing).

Maddox Marshall Siler
4lb 10oz
18.5"
8:39pm EST

Maddox had a little bit of concerned breathing at first, but after a few hours in holding he was released to floor with me and we went home together on 5/5.  ;D

Maddox is doing GREAT, he left hospital weighing 4lb 8oz and was the same at pediatrician's appt the next morning. We have a followup this Thursday and we're hoping he's at least over his birth weight. We are breastfeeding every 3hrs and supplementing with 1oz of high-cal formula after every feeding to help him gain weight. He's feeding fine on both. My only concern at this point is my milk did come in day after leaving hospital, but when i pump it seems i'm only getting enough to cover bottom of bottle ... not really sure if this is normal, will be one of questions i ask on Thursday.

Had/Having lots of pain from c-section/residual ... 9wks in bed means muscles that are supposed to kick-in to help with c-section pain are just not there, so taking a bit longer to heal and get my bearings than i had expected. Thankfully my Mom lives nearby and has been helping in every/any way possible (she's also a nurse, so that helps too). Biggest painful moment has been constipation, i seem to have a "stitch" in stomach that if i strain in any way (ie for BM or cough/sneeze) i get a MAJOR sharp pain in one tiny location to right and below belly button. Have no idea what it is ... but waiting it out for now. Stool softners, fluids (and 2 other less glamourous OTC 'treatments') are whats getting me through at this point. I've had NO appetite up until yesterday ... eating seems to actually help with some strength/energy (imagine that).

anyway, HTH others that may be up for the same experience.

:-\
Wombat

drapkowicz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010 at 03:29 PM »
26 weeks and 5 days hospital bedrest for ruptured membranes...had a scare yesterday started contracting every 4 minutes, but they stopped and so far so good.  Very nervous to start again...hope i can keep cookin for atleast a few more weeks.  Looking forward to LOST this week! Glad to see that there are still some "veteran bedresters" that are still cookin.. Congrats Wombat!

gatheringdust

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010 at 08:05 PM »
I delivered on May 6th, 2010. At 37 weeks and 3 days. My blood pressure was staying high the day before when I had a doctor's appointment, so since I was term, they decided to schedule it for the next day. And surprise! We had a boy!

Judah Eric Durbin
6 lbs 14 oz
20 in long
May 6th, 2010 at 4:32 pm

Healing great from c-section. So far this has been my easiest out of three. I was able to breastfeed within an hour after he was born. I was awake in recovery, which was new to me. He was also my smallest baby weight wise. But he has taken to breastfeeding well and my milk actually came in this time. We came home on Sunday (Mother's Day!) and have just been taking it easy. Big brother Max and Big Sister Rory are excited and can't get enough of little Judah.

lilbsma

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010 at 11:53 PM »
39 weeks and I'm being induced tomorrow. It has been a long road and I'm nervous yet very excited to finally meet my son tomorrow. It is worth the wait!

Luvmytieren

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010 at 01:56 PM »
22.5 weeks and working through my 10th week on bed rest.  No additional bleeding.  Ultrasound next Friday to see if blood pooling in lining of uterus is resolved or if we will continue with bed rest.  Baby is a mover and shaker (I think he's building shleves in there!) and that brings me so much joy! 
I'm so happy to hear about all these healthy deliveries!  Very encouraging!  Keep them coming and Keep Em Cookin!

Margaret