Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for January 21, 2019  (Read 550 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for January 21, 2019
« on: January 21, 2019 at 07:37 AM »
"I learned that we can do anything, but we can't do everything... at least not at the same time. So think of your priorities not in terms of what activities you do, but when you do them. Timing is everything."
--Dan Millman

And this is your time to cook! Let everything else fall aside ... for now.

So tell me what is new, ladies! What are you looking forward to this week? As always, let us know how many weeks along you are. See you on the Live Chat on Thursday!

Keep 'em cookin',
Angela

Set an alarm on your phone to join our live chat on THURSDAY at 2 pm (Eastern time): http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx
Symptoms of preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/educate-yourself/symptoms-of-preterm-labor/
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

Babyware

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for January 21, 2019
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019 at 12:03 PM »
Hello I am new here and very excited to chat with you ladies.

I am 27+3 weeks with my second child. My first was born at 25 weeks and is doing great.

I started strict bedrest about two weeks ago for a incompetent cervix (less than 1mm) with no signs of labor.

This has been one of the hardest things I’ve had to do. My husband is very supportive but I’m so used to doing everything for my self. It’s hard for me to sit and watch my house not be as clean as I’d like and it’s hard not being able to do things with my daughter. I’ve get depression try to take over my mind and negative thoughts but I’m trying my best to be and stay positive.

I look forward to hearing more of your success stories.

Lauren237

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019 at 09:16 PM »
Hello,

I'm 31+1 weeks today, bed rest for short cervix with twins since 24 weeks.

We had another cervix check today and it's gotten even shorter, which isn't great news. But no signs of labour yet so hoping to hang in there for a little while longer.

I completely understand how you feel Babyware - my husband has also been amazing, but I hate having to ask him to do literally everything around the house! And hard not to feel depressed/anxious during all of this. 

Hang in there!

Lilyndra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019 at 11:22 PM »
I’m now 33+2, been on hospital bedrest since 24+1 due to complete placenta previa and placenta increta causing antepartum hemorrhage. Discovered short cervix at 25 weeks measuring 1.9cm.

Obstetrician started making plans for surgery this week, tentative surgery date is set for 35+2. Knowing the end is in site is both scary and such a relief knowing we are almost there.