Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for January 28, 2019  (Read 708 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for January 28, 2019
« on: January 28, 2019 at 07:21 AM »
Hi, ladies.

I was remembering a time when I was playing with Batman and Robin figures with my son. He said that he wished that he had a Wonder Woman figure so that I could be her. 

Of course, that made me think of all of you! You are Wonder Women, doing everything you can for your babies. And you're also so wonderful for the support you provide each other! Whenever someone's having an especially tough day or week, you all are there. So thank you!

Anybody have any appointments this week?

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Join our live chats THURSDAYs at 2 pm (Eastern time): http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/
Preventing and treating preterm labor: http://www.keepemcookin.com/educate-yourself/prevention-treatment/preventing-preterm-birth/
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

tdgdeguz

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for January 28, 2019
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019 at 09:05 AM »
Hi its been a while I’m now currently 32weeks which is great and here’s to making it to our next milestone of 35weeks.

I have an appointment with my OB this Thursday, he’s a bit more positive now that we’ve made it to our third trimester (stitch placed at 20wks) and though my cervix has shortened a little it is still closed and stitch is holding.

Out little one has been active (has been throughout) and I have dared to purchase a few items for the nursery though I wouldn’t say I have dived in to purchase more waiting until we get to 34wks at least.

It has been pretty hot in Sydney Australia of late with 40 degree weather which makes it hard bit but I would rather be hot and heavily pregnant than face any other alternative.

Hope everyone else is doing ok 😊

bed bound and down

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019 at 10:09 AM »
 I'm 22weeks 4 days, currently dialated to 1.5 cm and have a cervical check/ progesterone shot on Friday.  I'm hoping nothing will have changed to dramatically and that I'll be able to stay out of the hospital. Here they won't give steroid shots untill at least 23 weeks, and no life saving measures for baby till 24, so I'm getting closer to the first milestones I've set for myself.

tdgdeguz- 32weeks isn't bad! Survival rates are very high once your past 30 weeks. I think you definitely have cause to start buying more baby things. If you do go into labor now push for a steroid shot if they will let you. My 29weeker had fewer problems in the NICU after two steroid shots given during pregnancy than many of the 32-34 weekers  who missed out on the window to be given steroids.

Lauren237

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019 at 04:39 PM »
Hi all,

I'm now 32 weeks with twins! I've been on bed rest at home since 24 weeks for short cervix. 32 weeks was a big milestone for us, next goal is to make it into February and then 34 weeks if possible :) Growth ultrasound and fetal monitoring appointments are scheduled for tomorrow.

tdgdeguz - we stopped purchasing baby things for a while too when the drama all started, but once we hit 30 weeks we started to feel more confident! So I know how you feel.

bed bound and down - hope your appointment goes well on Friday and that you get to stay at home!

Lauren

Kttwins

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019 at 11:59 AM »
Hello! Still cooking over here too. I am 31w1d with twins. I don't remember when I posted last - I got to go home for a bit but now I am back in the hospital. The next goal for us is to get out of January! Then getting to 32 weeks. At 32 the team will reevaluate if I am here for the duration of the pregnancy or if I can return home on bedrest. I've been on bedrest for 56 days now and time is passing so strangely - seems like forever and also has gone quickly at the same time.