Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for December 28, 2015  (Read 3234 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for December 28, 2015
« on: December 28, 2015 at 08:52 AM »
Welcome to another week! Who's still cookin'?

Do any of you have a mantra or something you say to yourself to stay motivated during bedrest? For me, my mantra was: "Right now, I am exactly where I am supposed to be." Also, "These weeks (or months) will change the life of my child forever."

Keep 'em cookin',
Angela

*Click on the Amazon ad above whenever you shop for anything on Amazon, and Amazon will donate 6% of the purchase price to KeepEmCookin.

See you at the Live Chat tomorrow at 2 pm EST/11 am PST! http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015 at 10:38 AM by Angela »

Natlg

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for December 28, 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015 at 09:13 AM »
Another week ticked off! Now 26 weeks and 2 days, getting closer to my 28 week milestone. Haven't had an appointment since 24 weeks so hoping this week goes quick as my next CL scan is next Tuesday.

I don't say anything but when I feel down on bedrest I just keep focused on the end goal, and hoping it will all be worth it.

Looking forward to hearing updates from everyone. Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and have a nice New Year!

Kaylos44

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015 at 09:38 AM »
Good morning ladies :)

Glad you are still going strong Natlg! Are you at home or hospital now?

Today is week 4 of bedrest and I am delighted to say that I will be 28 weeks tomorrow, I almost can't believe it :) :)

After being released from hospital we ended up back in for a night last week with regular contractions for 12 hours. It was very tough, I had to be transferred from one hospital to another and ended up bleeding after having 4 manual cervical checks and 3 transvaginal ultrasounds. We have now agreed that we will drive straight to the city from now on to reduce this.

They released me in time for Christmas but said they expect me back for monitoring because I seem to keep getting regular contractions now. The twins look great.

I am so happy to be here still and look forward to staying sane until my next milestone of 32 weeks :)

I hope you all had a fabulous horizontal christmas!

Kay

Kmm05

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015 at 12:08 PM »
Happy Monday ladies, we made it another week!

Natlg- I hope the time passes quickly until your next scan.  Hopefully the holidays help time pass a bit faster for you and 28 weeks will be here before you know it!

Kay- Yay for 28 weeks tomorrow!  I know I breathed a bit easier when I hit that mark.  Sorry to hear about your rough time last week, especially with having to be transferred.  Glad to hear the babies look good though, that's always my big concern when I have to go in, how they are doing.  I don't remember, are you on anything for the contractions?  I hope things calm down for you and you are able to stay at home.

I'm still hanging in there at 31 weeks 4 days.  I didn't think we would make it to 28 weeks, so I'm shocked to think we might make it to 32 and beyond.  The last week has been rough, lots of contractions, actually had to make 2 trips to the hospital because of them.  But the good news is that they were able to get them under control and keep the girls cooking.  I keep saying I don't think we're going to make it much longer and yet we keep making it to another week, so I'm going to say it again, I don't think they're going to wait much longer.  I really missed seeing family (extended family) for Christmas, but I keep reminding myself that in the grand scheme of things, this is only a short time, and next Christmas we will two more little girls to celebrate with.

Hope everyone has a good week!

ceecee31

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015 at 12:14 PM »
This is a big week for me - yesterday I reached my 30 week goal!!! Next up 32 weeks and, if I can be so bold, 34 weeks! :)
At one point I never thought I'd see this milestone so I am over the moon.

I have an appointment tomorrow for an ultrasound and an appointment with my doctor, so hoping for good news. I get so excited (because I get to see my little guy) but I also get sooo nervous when they switch to the transvaginal. Then the wait to see the doctor seems like ages, even though it's never that long at all.

I don't have a specific mantra, but I do keep saying to myself 'one more day' because getting through a single day seems so much less intimidating.

Natlg - Congrats on 26 weeks!! 28 weeks will be here before you know it. :)

Kaylos44 - Way to go!! 28 is such an exciting week - I was over the moon when I hit that stage. I hope that the checks in the city will reduce the chances of being bumped all over the place (how stressful). :)

Kmm05 - You are so close to 32 weeks, that's amazing!! I'm not far behind you. Each extra day makes a difference to your girls. :)

Take care of yourselves ladies!! Here we are almost in 2016 - we can do it. I've been telling my little guy since my problems first began that he needs to be a 2016 baby.  :) :) :)

christieparks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015 at 06:53 PM »
Ladies, way to go on another week!!

We are still cooking here, too, and actually had a great appt at the OB today, as we are now 36 weeks! We have officially been released to light duty from bedrest - HOORAY!! They checked my cervix today and I'm now 3 cm/100% effaced/ -2 station, so not too bad considering we've been on bedrest for 9 weeks now. They also said I can stop taking the procardia, so we will see how that goes!

I'm much less anxious now, and just feeling ready for her arrival! Hoping we can get another week, and make it to the official full term mark.

Keep up the great work ladies!
On bedrest with our first pregnancy, beginning at 27w3d for short cervix (0.00 cm) and preterm labor. Kept our daughter cooking until her birth at 37w3d, and she is perfect! Born 1/7/16, weighing 6 lbs 10.5 oz, 18.5 inches long!

Kmuss

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2015 at 06:57 PM »
Hey girls! I am sitting here snuggling my 10 day old baby, at home and out of NICU-- no wires and monitors, and NO bed rest! My life is not revolving around my cervix, but is now revolving around the little one who caused it to shorten :)

I feel empty at times to know that I am no longer pregnant, and that is not something I expected to feel. Pregnancy was so scary for me that I thought I would be overwhelmed with relief for it to be done. While I am completely overjoyed to have my son here, I can honestly say I do mourn the security of being pregnant and I miss my belly and the knowledge of every movement he made.

My bed rest mantra was "one day at a time" and it really is the best way to take things. Thinking too far ahead can make the journey seem to long, and while planning for the future is good, sometimes you just have to digest things in 24-hour increments.

Natlg-- I cannot believe how close you are to 28 weeks :D I bet it feels surreal to you. So happy to hear you're still chugging along!

Kaylos-- Glad you made it home for Christmas and so happy you are nearing your milestones! Keep on cookin' momma, you're getting close :)

Kmm-- You are in such a great place being over 31 weeks! When I got to that point I felt reassured that I was not fighting so much for my baby's survival, but for less NICU time. Let that sink in for a second :) You're going to have two babies, and from here on out, every day you make it is less time they will spend away from you. Such an amazing realization!

Ceecee-- Reach for the stars girl! I made it to 34 weeks 5 days and never thought that was a week/day I would see. You are doing great!!

Christie-- congrats on your freedom from "captivity" as I jokingly called mine :) You go girl!

I will continue checking in with you girls, or at least reading your updates for some weeks to come! It is hard to not be in the bed rest "club" anymore, even though I am glad to not be on bed rest. After 12 weeks, this just became such a huge part of my everyday life! Love you girls and keep those babies cooking, it's worth it :)

alibobali

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015 at 02:05 AM »
Hi everyone
I have only just now come across this fantastic forum even though I've been on modified bedrest since 20 weeks... I'm now 26 wks 5 days. I have 2 beautiful girls at home, aged 4 and 8, and in November last year we lost our baby son who was born at 24 wks 5 days. I went into labour after my membranes ruptured at 23 wks, which was brought on by 6 weeks of continuous bleeding due to subchorionic haematomas. It was a truly horrible time.
After being tested for everything blood related (all kinds of blood clotting disorders and auto immune diseases) the doctors declared I was fine and that the haematomas had been a totally random thing, just bad luck and unlikely to ever happen to me again. My girls had been very normal pregnancies and kept cookin until over 41 wks. So we felt confident enough to try again, one last baby to complete our family.
And whaddya know? The exact same thing happened again. A couple of big haematomas showed up at the Nuchal scan at 11 weeks and then bleeding on and off for the next 9 weeks. And then at 20 wks I was admitted to hospital with very heavy bleeding and pain. (I was actually playing in the orchestra for opening night of the Les Miserables season and I had to rush off to hospital during the middle of the show!) They discovered more larger haematomas and kept me in for a week to monitor the bleeding. It never slowed but they let me go home as long as I stayed on modified bedrest  (had to give up my Les Mis gig which was such a shame) and promised to come back immediately if it got heavier. (I only live 15mins from the hospital)
It is now almost 7 weeks since then and I have been bleeding constantly every day. I've been admitted once more and made several trips in when I was worried about this or that.  Amazingly my uterus has not freaked out and somehow my membranes are still intact despite all that blood. And I've managed not to get too anaemic this time (last year was pretty bad). Our anxiety levels have been really bad, especially around the 24 week mark, because our memories of last year are still so fresh and we just couldn't bear losing another baby.
But each day that passes  I know this baby has a better chance of survival. We're currently aiming for that 28 wk milestone.
Your stories are a wonderful inspiration.., so glad I found this website.

Natlg

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2015 at 05:26 AM »
Kaylos - I'm on home bedrest. Sorry about your rough ride this week but at least you got released and now 28weeks! Brilliant milestone to be at well done

Kmm05 - your always doubting yourself to last another week but your still here on a Monday given us an update. Although you have had hospital visits etc and feeling rough you have only got a few more weeks of pain until your girls are here. It will al be worth it.

Ceecee - your in your 30s abosultely brillant, that is such an achievement. Good luck at your appointments today, fingers crossed all going well.

Christieparks - 36 weeks!!!!! Cannot even imagine getting to that stage, enjoy coming off bedrest - well done! Brilliant achievement! Cannot wait to here of your babies arrival...make sure you keep us updated.

Kmuss - you enjoy every second girl! Well done again! Gonna miss your lengthy updates!

Alibobali - welcome to the forum and congratulations of getting to nearly 27 weeks. 28 weeks is just around the corner. It's good that your uterus is in tact still after all this time. I can understand what you mean when you get to a stage where you have lost a previous baby, I lost my son last year at 22 weeks and it was very nerve racking around that time with this baby. But you have got through it so well done! 

kgkane

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2015 at 09:48 AM »
Hi all... I'm happily sitting at 34 weeks, which was a goal I set ten weeks ago, and seemed unattainable.  Believe me girls, if I can do it, you can do it! Survived the holidays and all the visitors, my husband cooked a great turkey.  We had planned a Christmas trip away to celebrate our anniversary, thankfully we also purchased insurance and will go another time with the baby! I'm still taking progesterone and will do so until week 36. I've started to move around a little bit more, it feels great to nest and not just boss other people around....don't get me wrong ough I spend a good 22 hours laid up each day. 

I've also started to get bad hip pains.  They mostly come at night, and not sure what to do to prevent them.  If I awake in the night I can get a drink, use the washroom but as soon as I lay back down the ache is back.  Anyone else experience this?

Kmm05

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2015 at 02:47 PM »
Ceecee- congrats on hitting 30 weeks!  Hitting that point has always been very big for me, mentally as much as anything.  Something about being in the 30s just makes me breathe a little easier.  32 weeks and beyond will be here before you know it.

Christieparks- 36 weeks is amazing!  Well done mama!  And how nice that you've been released to do a little more.  Hope your little one hangs on another week, but even if she comes before she should do great.

Kmuss- so happy to hear your little man is home!  What wonderful news.  Enjoy those snuggles with him, they are so deserved!

Alibobali- welcome!  I'm so sorry for your loss.  Congratulations on making it to nearly 27 weeks, 28 weeks is just around the corner!  I hope you have a good long while left on your bed rest journey.  Keep us updated on how things are going for you. 

Kgkane- congratulations on 34 weeks, so wonderful to meet the goal that originally seemed so far away and unattainable.  Nice that you are able to be up and around a little more and do some things for yourself.  It always just so much easier to be able to do things on your own.  As for the hip pain, the only thing I can suggest is maybe trying to sleep somewhere else for a bit, like rotating between your bed and a couch or something.  I have an incredible amount of hip and back pain and that sometimes will help me for a bit if it gets really bad.  Unfortunately I think it's just something we have to deal with at this point.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2015 at 02:53 PM »
How will you all be celebrating the arrival of the new year? With special foods? A special someone?

Kmm05

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2015 at 05:29 PM »
We'll be spending the evening with family.  My parents and in-laws will be out for dinner and to ring in the new year.  It should be a pretty low key night, some board games and watching football games, maybe a movie before we watch the ball drop.  And of course some good food, both moms are bringing several snacks.  We've got some sparkling grape juice chilling to toast the new year.  My seven-year-old has grand plans to make it til midnight, though I doubt she'll last that long.  She did spend a good hour resting this afternoon (that was part of the bargain for her to be able to try and stay up) so she might surprise us.  I'm sure tomorrow will be filled with watching parades and football games.

Happy New Year everyone.  We've (almost) made it to 2016 and will have 2016 babies not 2015!  What an exciting thing to say.

Missesd

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2015 at 06:11 PM »
I'm late checking in this week. I had my dr appointment today. We did a quick measurement of baby to see if growth is on track. She put me at 17 weeks. It's kind of a bummer because by LMP I would be 19-3. So for the third time this pregnancy I am now at 49 days to viability. The good news is there is no possible way we can move the due date forward any more so this will be the last time I break that 50 day mark for that milestone. My cervix is extremely short, 1 cm but it is still closed and firm so she is happy about that. Bed rest is not going anywhere. Looking forward to being able to be forced to stay down so she can cook a lot longer. I would love to make it to Mother's Day which would be 36 weeks.

We are going to have a quiet New Year's Eve at home tonight. My older teenagers are heading to a church dance which leaves my younger three to ring in the New Year with us. This is the start of our 23 New Year together.