Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Roll Call for Monday, May 17  (Read 4107 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Roll Call for Monday, May 17
« on: May 17, 2010 at 07:28 AM »
Happy Monday! Get ready to tackle another week! I know you can do it!

Let us know how many weeks you are, if you have any OB appointments this week, and what you are looking forward to. If you had any appointments last week (or trips to L&D) let us know about that too.

Keep 'em cookin' mamas!!!

ladygartman

• View Profile
Re: Roll Call for Monday, May 17
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010 at 09:31 AM »
I'm now 36w2d, and approaching the 10 week hospital bed rest mark on Thursday.  I am now allowed to walk down the hall to the kitchen, and 'officially' move around my room more, and my Procardia was switched from every 4 hrs to every 6.  Besides those little changes...The countdown to delivery is under 5 days now!  As long as the amnio is mature on Friday (please pray, keep your fingers crossed, etc.), I'm having a c-section around noon that day.  I'm nervous and excited, but oh so ready. 

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010 at 09:57 AM »
Ladygartman, you have made my day! My week! My month! Who would have thought you would get to 36 weeks and counting?!? Bravo to you for your determination and patience!!! Praying for a good result at Friday's amnio, and you can finally meet your FULL-TERM baby!
Hugs,
Angela

drapkowicz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010 at 11:48 AM »
I am 27 weeks 5 days today and really nearing my major/ mini goal of 28 wks. This will be my 4th week of hospital bedrest.  I am hoping to make it all the way to 34 wks but i have to keep my mini goals in mind.  It is hard to think about 6 more weeks but i can do one week at a time.  I am once again looking forward to LOST this week and seeing more friends and family.  Congrats to Ladygartman, you are an inspiration for me! I need to make it 10 wks total too, and you are proof that it can be done. I hope it all works out wonderfully for you and your family. :)

ladygartman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010 at 11:54 AM »
@drapkowicz,
It is definitely important to go by the mini goals!  Mine were 28, 30, and 32, and then all of a sudden I was at 36.  It is definitely not easy.  This past week has been kind of rough.  I have a blog with more of the emotional ups and downs recorded (babygartman.gartmansays.com).  I am looking forward to LOST as well!  The week that they didn't air it was torture! 

miaEG2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010 at 12:44 PM »
this is my first "Roll Call" reply. today marks 33 weeks. have been on progesterone shots since week 14, modified bedrest since week 22. this week, after healthy cervical length measurements all along (thank goodness), my doctor may allow me to move around a bit more when i see him on wednesdays. he says that if all looks good, i may even be able to go out for dinner once a week or walk SLOWLY around the block! am happy to get this far after tragically losing twin girls to preterm labor a year-and-a-half ago at 28 weeks. my husband and i have been holding our breath for months now and we are hoping for the very, very best this time. i hope all the expectant moms are doing well out there, especially those of us stuck reclining!

Luvmytieren

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010 at 02:14 PM »
@Ladygartman~ CONGRATS!  That's awesome news!  I am 23 weeks and 3 days and nearing my first goal of 24 weeks!  We have an ultrasound Thursday with the Perinatologist to check on the status of the blood pooling in my uterus.  We will discuss the next goal after we take a look inside my belly.  Our ultimate goal is 36 weeks for delivery.  My other 2 kids were born at 37 & 37.5 weeks.  My FMLA for the job I have been at for 8 years ends on the 26th.  And At my Wednesday OB check up last week our OB stated he will most likely keep me on bed rest the remainder of my pregnancy.  We had a bit of a scare this week as I was leaking.  Turns out I had a UTI.  WHo ever thought I'd be relieved to pee myself?!?!  So it's been a hard week.  Very emotional.  I am grateful every day for this site!  It's helped ground me and help me to feel not so isolated!  Keep up the good work mommies!

Margaret

from1to3

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010 at 03:00 PM »
I just found this site today.  I had been on bed rest at home for 3 1/2 weeks for a shortening cervix.  I have been in the hospital since Wednesday on bed rest for an unknown amount of time.  I have dilated to 4 cm.  I am 29 weeks and 2 days today.  My short term goal is to make it to Saturday, so I will be 30 weeks.  I am having twin girls and have a 3 1/2 year old son at home.  The doctors don't have any idea how long it will be before I have my babies, and they are not going to speculate.  I don't blame them.  I am already sore and tired from sitting in this hospital bed. 

MVetter1211

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010 at 03:01 PM »
Congrats to everyone for making it another week!  I am 32 weeks and 4 days!  I am looking forward to my doctor appointment on Thursday and my baby shower on Saturday.

mktarrant

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010 at 11:54 AM »
ACK! I'm a day late but this is my 3rd week of bedrest - I'm 26 weeks today and our goal is to make it to 36 weeks. I have very low amniotic fluid - we don't know why but there isn't a leak so we're grateful. WE are just trying to prevent preterm labor at this point!