Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for March 7, 2016  (Read 6766 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for March 7, 2016
« on: March 07, 2016 at 10:29 AM »
Five Ways Prison Is Better than Bed Rest

1) Daily showers
2) One hour of exercise each day
3) Time spent outdoors on chain gang
4) Spending time with others in similar circumstances
5) Conjugal visits  ;)

I haven’t shared that in a while, so I thought our new members might get a kick out of it!

As always, let us know how many weeks along you are, and what you've been doing to stay busy. Also, take a moment today to connect with another member by responding to her post. Stay connected…

And keep 'em cookin'!
Angela

Please help KeepEmCookin stay online through my Go Fund Me campaign:  https://gofund.me/dtqh9x2c?pc=tw_cr_n
Live chat at 2 pm Eastern on Tuesdays: http://www.keepemcookin.com/thechatroom.aspx
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

Smittymelly

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for March 7, 2016
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016 at 10:40 AM »
Hello

I'm 37 weeks and 1 day. I'm technically off bedrest but I do try and lie down as often as I can because sometimes I just need to rest. I'm so happy I made it this far and so grateful for this site and for all the wonderful ladies on here who give one another support.
It's been such a hard journey and it feels so surreal to be able to get up, go upstairs and get my daughter in the morning and feed her breakfast.
Something I have missed out on for so long. Plus I really wanted to maximize my time with her before baby came and although we colour and read together, I wasn't able to take her out and go for walks, give her bubble baths, or put her to sleep and that was so hard.
I'm thankful that I'm close to the end and there is excitement again.
I can't wait to hear about everyone else's week! I look forward to Mondays because we can catch up :)

wannabe42weeker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016 at 10:55 AM »
Hi all,
Looking forward to reading everyone's updates! I'm currently 28+3 and had a rough Saturday night with lots of contractions. :-[ I headed to the local L&D hoping to get treated and transferred (my hospital, the closest level III NICU, is an hour away), only to be improperly monitored for contractions (low placement is appropriate for anything under 30 weeks) and told they would manually check my cervix and then recheck in an hour. I already KNOW my cervix changes with contractions (had been thinning slowly from 2.8-2.4 cm from weeks 22-28 after a precipitous 2 wk drop from 3.2 due to 17-OHP induced contractions). So, my husband and I left for the hour-drive to my delivery hospital. Well, fortunately, halfway there, things started calming down (2-3 min spacing to more like 7-8), and I just wanted to go to sleep (1 AM at this point) so I made the call to turn back. I kept contracting but much less frequently and Sunday I felt much better so I think it was the right decision. Going to the hospital always really stresses me out so who knows what would have happened if I had gone? My next cervical scan/dr appt aren't scheduled until Tuesday March 15th so I have a call in to see if I should go in this week to get checked out. Anyone else far away from their hospital of choice? (I know it's not that far, but when things are complicated, an hour seems VERY far.)

Natlg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016 at 11:01 AM »
Hi ladies, well done for another week!

Smittymelly - congratulations on making it to full term! It must be so lovely to be off bedrest and spend quality time with your daughter. It's nice you have got the one on one time before your other one is here. Cannot wait for updates! Have they talked about being induced etc? When's your next appointment. I remember your first post at 23/24 weeks...can you believe that your now 37!!! Amazing

Wannabe - I responded to you in another post. But I would definetly try and get an earlier appointment, just for your own peace of mind. Congrats on getting to 28, that's a really good milestone to hit!

I'm now 36+2, and counting down to my c-section in 10 days time. I've come off strict bedrest aswell, I would say modified as I'm still resting more than I'm on my feet. I just want to make sure I get to my date and don't have to have an emergency section, also consious of my cerclage still in me and don't want it to rip or anything. Cannot believe I am into my 23rd week of bedrest. I never thought this moment would come when I first joined at 14weeks. Quite surreal and emotional time for me at the moment, especially with previous loss. Hopefully this is my time now.

Looking forward to your updates!

Sophie2015

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016 at 11:31 AM »
Congrats Smittymelly, so nice to be off bedrest and so strange that literally overnight you go from being technically high risk to a 'normal' pregnancy. Now just the usual wait!

Wannabe, sorry you've had a tough time of it recently. Hopefully you can get an appointment soon and some reassurance.

Natlg, wow 10 days to go, that's amazing to know for sure you'll be meeting your baby in just 10 days, and after such a long wait, well done.

I'm 38w 1d, after a couple of weeks off of bedrest, everything's gone back to feeling normal amazingly quickly! And I've gone from worrying constantly that my baby will arrive to now starting to get impatient for him to. Everyone around me is saying that I'll probably go overdue, because wouldn't that be ironic, but I really hope not!

Smittymelly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016 at 12:13 PM »
Wannabe42weeker, I remember when I was before 30 weeks my MFM Doctor told me that if anything should happen before 30 weeks, I would be transferred to the high risk hospital which is in the city ( I'm in the suburbs) so about an hour away as well. Thankfully that never happened but it was a huge possibility . ( my cervical measurements were lower than yours)
After 30 weeks she said I was able to deliver at my local hospital about 10-15 minutes away.

Natig, how amazing you will meet your baby in 10 days, how crazy. You are a superstar for being on bedrest for as long as you have and I'm so excited for you too- in just a few days you will also be at 37 weeks.

Sophia, 38 weeks is incredible! I know what you mean about people saying you are probably going to be overdue. My MFM was really worried in the beginning and than as I had my last cervical measurement at 34 weeks, she said come visit with your baby once you deliver and she also said who knows maybe I'll see you before then if you are post your due date lol

Just a question for Natig, Ceecee, Sophie and anyone else who's bedrest has been lifted, are you driving at all? For instance short driving trips or are you just hanging around at home or getting driven around.

Ceecee, I wonder if you had your baby yet!  So exciting :)

ceecee31

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016 at 12:57 PM »
Hey Lovely Ladies!!!

So my baby is coming... very soon. Actually likely today or tomorrow. I had protein in my urine for the first time and I've had some swelling, so they want the little one out. I am officially 40w1d today, so I have far, far, far surpassed all and any expectations. My nurse was telling me this morning she can't believe I'm still pregnant (either can I).

They plan is to induce me as soon as there is a room available - so now I'm at home waiting for a phone call! I was already 3cms this morning and apparently things were already starting on their own, so I did have a stretch and sweep which they think might kick things into gear even before the induction. I'm home now, sitting around with my husband, waiting.

For those who are just starting their 'journey' (not the best word, but it's what I've come up with), please know that you can get through this!!! It's so much tougher than anyone could ever appreciate, but you are stronger than you know. No one thought I'd get this far and now I've passed my due date, so when you are feeling down and uncertain, know that you are doing the best thing for your little one. I am so thankful to you incredible ladies for your support and kindness over the last 16 weeks - I wouldn't be here without you all.

Smittymelly - WOOHOO!! Congratulations, 37 weeks!!!! Enjoy each moment with your daughter. I'm so thrilled that you've made term and can now get up and move around. I'm truly thrilled to bits.
I'm not driving yet, but I rarely drive anyhow because I live right downtown in an urban neighbourhood - so I can get pretty much anywhere within a 2 minute walk. That being said, I'd be open to start driving again soon if I had somewhere further away to go. Maybe start small and see what you are comfortable with?! :)

Wannabe - I agree with Natlg, I'd try to see the Dr a bit sooner, just as March 15th is a bit of a wait. I'm lucky in that I'm only about 5 mins away from my hospital, so I can only imagine the stress of being so far from help. Even though you've had a bit of a drop in your measurements, they still seem quite good. They're actually better than mine were and I've made it to my due date (so I think you can absolutely keep on cooking for a while to go). Congrats on 28 weeks though - it is a BIG milestone!!!

Natlg - I'm so happy for you!! The countdown is on until you'll have your little one in your arms. You've done absolutely incredible - 23 weeks of bed rest is absolutely amazing... now that's true strength and resiliency. It is absolutely surreal to think how far we've all come. I remember when those early milestones (24 weeks, 26 weeks, etc) seemed so far away and here we are at the end!

Sophie - Three cheers for you as well (38 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!); so amazing that you are bouncing back after bed rest and feeling so good. I'm super impressed. I feel like a 90 year-old as I shuffle around these days.

Angela - thanks for sharing that again... super cute!! :)

Take care of yourselves - I'll connect when my little one gets here to let you all know how it went! And of course I'll stick around afterwards too because I'll want to see how you are all doing. Big hugs to you all!!!

Awaitingmommy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016 at 02:36 PM »
Hello everyone! I am officially 29 weeks today and so excited. Last week was a pretty good week despite being diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I have now been sticking my finger every 4 hours and my blood sugars have been good. I'm only a little high in the mornings. I have done a little more moving around on my own, which I know I'm not suppose to do but will get back in gear this week to take it easy. I didn't have really any pain this past week which is awesome for me. Baby seems to be doing great with his constant movements. I am almost at my goal of 30 weeks then on to 34 weeks!
I loved reading all the great updates from all you ladies today, it gives me so much motivation to keep going!

Kmm05

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016 at 03:09 PM »
What great updates ladies!  It makes me so happy to see how well you are all doing. 

Smittymelly- yay for being off bedrest!  It takes a bit to get your stamina back, so rest as much as you need to.  After all, it won't be long until getting to rest whenever you want is a luxury :)  Enjoy the time you have left with your daughter as your baby before she takes on her new role of big sister. 

Wannabe- I hope things stay calm for you for a while yet.  I too would try and get an earlier appointment just to be reassured that everything is okay.  But you're doing great to be past 28 weeks, keep doing what you're doing!

Natlg- so happy to see you've passed 36 weeks, you have done so well and you are a such an inspiration.  How exciting to know that in a week and a half you will be meeting your little one.  Keep resting as much as possible, like you said, just to make sure you make it to your c-section date.  But also enjoy being able to get some little things done.

Sophie- congratulations on making it to 38 weeks and counting!  That is wonderful news.  I hope your little one doesn't make you wait too much longer to meet him. 

Ceecee-  40 weeks!!  That is so, so wonderful.  I hope everything goes smoothly for you.  I'll be sending lots of positive thoughts your way and can't wait to hear that your little one is here!

Awaitingmommy- 29 weeks is a good place to be.  30 weeks will be here before you know it.  THat was always such a big milestone for me mentally.  Keep up the resting and you should be able to make your goals and then some.

Sounds like it is going to be pretty busy in the next few weeks with lots of birth announcements.  I can't wait to read them all!  You're all doing a great job mamas!  Keep it up!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016 at 04:27 PM by Kmm05 »

Songbird30

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016 at 06:31 PM »
Hi everyone and congrats all on the progress! It's very encouraging and inspiring to read the good news!

I'm officially 29 weeks this week! This is week 3 of bed rest, and I'll admit I'm starting to get a bit stir crazy. My husband took me for a walk yesterday (well, he walked and I was in a wheel chair), so at least I got some fresh air. I miss the convenience of being able to get out of the house, and most definitely miss the socialization. But, I'm hanging in there, and encouraged by the progress. At my last visit, my cervix was holding steady and stable, and both babies were in a head down position (would be fantastic if they stayed that way!). I'll have a follow-up visit next week (30 weeks).

Any tips or suggestions on sleeping? I use several pillows, including a maternity pillow, at night and I'm finding it increasingly difficult to get comfortable. My back and hips are really achy.

Looking forward to logging in at week 30!  :)

Smittymelly

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016 at 06:58 PM »
Ceecee so exciting! I cannot wait to hear your birth story. Maybe you can get things going tonight by walking a little extra. I remember with my last pregnancy I got a stretch and sweep at 40 days - I was at a 3 and was told to walk that night, which I did a few laps at a mall. Later that night my contractions started and went through the night and I had my daughter the next day.

Awaiting mommy and Songbird congratulations on hitting 29 weeks. Getting to that 30 week mark is going to feel great. - then by the time you know it you will hit 32, 34 and 36.
Sleep is a real tough one for me as well. I find that the progesterone suppositories help me get drowsy and I fall asleep for like an hour but then I'm up for hours. I can't can't comfortable either. Some nights I find a comfortable position and I sleep well and other nights ( most nights) I'm watching YouTube videos and tossing and turning.
Kmm05 how are you doing? Hope all is well with you. So glad you're keeping in touch.

soko

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2016 at 07:45 PM »
Congrats Ladies!! Looks like some of you are so close!!!
Ceecee- Awesome!! How exciting... I wish you the absolute best delivery!!!

Today I am excited to say that I am 28 weeks- 1st goal reached (4 weeks of bed rest)!!! Now 30 weeks, then 32...and so on!!! I had my Dr. apt today with my high risk and my cervix has gone from .6mm to .9mm with the pessary!!! Yahoooooo!! However, you know its always something. They want to watch my blood pressure so I have to do a 24 hr urine test and more blood tests. I am hoping it was just nerves as I have never had issues with my blood pressure.

Keep up the good work Ladies!! I wish you all the best! Thank you for sharing your stories ... it is inspring!

Awaitingmommy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2016 at 09:04 PM »
Songbird I am having the same problems. I sleep with a lot of pillows including a maternity pillow as well. Being in the bed most of the time is killing my hips they hurt so bad by the time I go to sleep. Most nights I don't sleep very well either. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

wannabe42weeker

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016 at 01:09 PM »
So exciting to hear about the baby, Natlg, and all of the birth announcements (hopefully not mine!) coming soon! 36+3 is so great! As for me, I did go in for a checkup, and the eventful night did take a bit of a toll on my cervix (down to 2cm). I asked for an Rx for Procardia just so I can make it to the hospital next time without wasting my time at the local L&D, but they wouldn't prescribe it, saying they "trust the doctors at [local L&D]". Well, I don't!  >:( I do have another cervical length scan next week, and if I lose any more length, we'll talk about steroid shots. Countdown to 30 weeks!

Kmm05

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2016 at 09:14 PM »
Smittymelly- We're hanging in there :)  The girls are 7 weeks and are doing fantastic!  They're already changing so much, getting big (relatively speaking, they're still pretty tiny) and we're starting to see their little personalities come out.  About a week before their due date we noticed a big change in how alert they are.  They still sleep most of the time of course, but we get some good awake time out of them too, which the big sisters love.  I'm anxiously awaiting their first real smiles, and I figure when they happen their sisters will be the ones that get the first ones, not mommy.  It's getting so much easier to tell them apart.  Well for me anyway, daddy still has some trouble.

The last couple of weeks have been really hard for me, I've just been struggling with a lot.  I think a lot of it is because I'm tired all the time and that just makes everything worse.  I'm trying to work through a lot of things between the pregnancy and just how things are going now, but we'll make it eventually. 

I have to check in on you all at least every once in a while and see how everybody is doing.  I'm so happy for everyone that is doing so well and for how many of you have reached full term.  Thanks for asking how we're doing :)