Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for March 28, 2016  (Read 3229 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for March 28, 2016
« on: March 28, 2016 at 08:24 AM »
Welcome to another Monday Roll Call!

I know it can be tough to stay motivated, so I thought it might be good to share the things that brighten your day most. For me, the highlights of bed rest were negative FFN tests, seeing my babies on ultrasound, and having my husband paint my toenails. One night he set up a "romantic" dinner on a card table next to our bed. We called it "dinner on the terrace." What keeps you going?

And as always, let us know how many weeks along you are and if you have any appointments to look forward to this week. If you had any appointments last week or any trips to L&D last week, let us know how those went.

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

Please help KeepEmCookin stay online through my Go Fund Me campaign:  https://gofund.me/dtqh9x2c?pc=tw_cr_n
Join the Live Chats at 2 pm Eastern on Tuesdays: http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/
Follow Keep 'Em Cookin' on Twitter: http://twitter.com/KeepEmCookin

posy

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for March 28, 2016
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016 at 10:26 AM »
Hello all!  I'm still here at 25w3d.  I haven't been posting much but have been reading posts every day.  I started bed rest at 15w5d with a shortening/funneling cervix, so I'm almost ten weeks in with hopefully many more to go.  At 23 weeks I had some spotting which caused a scare.  It turned out the baby's head was down and pushing on my cervix, causing my cerclage to bleed.  At last week's appointment it was fine, and the spotting has resolved (baby turned head up).  How is everyone else?  Congrats to all those whose babies have been born recently!

peachykeen07

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016 at 10:56 AM »
Hello!! Like Posy I don't post a lot but this site gives me encouragement often! I am 25+2, this is my 5th week on bed rest (3rd week on hospital bedrest). Last measurement was .8mm with funneling through the stitch. No contractions and not dialated yet, no leaking of fluid and no bleeding. Hopefully I can stay this way for at least 12 more weeks!! It's been a lot of ups and downs emotionally but with lots of prayer I know we can make it so much further.

Congrats to all the new babies :-)

abby060708

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016 at 12:30 PM »
Hi Ladies,

I'm brand new to this board.  I was recently placed on strict home bed rest last week (3/24/16).  I am currently 19w 2d pregnant with my second child.  I am dealing with bulging waters and swollen membranes.  According to my doctor, my water can break at any moment.  My current goal is to make it to at least 25 weeks.  I hope to stay encouraged with you all during this tough time.  Thank you!

Alemaistre

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016 at 01:18 PM »
Hello!! 22w5days and 8 days away from my first goal of 24 weeks. I have an ultrasound later today to see where my cervix is measuring at. This will be week 3 on bed rest and every day is different for my emotions, I keep busy with real estate classes online, tv shows and coloring or reading. Anxious for today's appointment last appointment my cervix went down by .3mm so I am hoping it stayed at 1cm or possible even grew back a little....

Awaitingmommy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016 at 02:56 PM »
Hello everyone I am happy to see everyone is still cooking! Last week I had my weekly NST which turned out good, the lady that did it was a I'll in so it took longer than usual. Baby kept moving and seemed to fall asleep after a while. I was praying not to go to the hospital because he wasn't aroused enough. Other than that I have been enjoying getting his nursery and things together since I am now 32 weeks I feel as though I am nesting because I feel like I have more energy and I can't be still.
Due to me being on bed rest and not being able to work human resources has really been a pain in my butt. I got a call last week saying after the 21st of next month I will no longer get a pay check and after the 25th of next month I will be dropped from insurance but if I want to continue to have insurance I could pay them 586$ a month. ???? Now how will I pay that without a pay check ? I am going to apply for pregnancy Medicaid for the time being until I go back to work. I've decided not to let the things I cannot change upset and stress me.

soko

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016 at 04:21 PM »
Hi Everyone! So happy to see that everyone is holding on and making it day by day!!! It's difficult, but we are doing it ladies :)

Well I am now 31 weeks!! Which is great news after my positive FFN test last week at 30 weeks!! I was devastated and felt it was all coming to an end and I had no control. But....we are still holding on. I remain dilated at 1cm, no cervix, progesterone suppositories, and pessary! We decided after the positive FFN to stay at my sisters for 2 weeks as she is 3 minutes away from the level 3 NICU vs. our 40 min commute. So needless to say bedrest has even got more uncomfortable as I am not in my own home, space, TV ... but she has been super supportive and its what is best for the baby! Our next appointment isn't until 4/4 which frustrates me as I want to see her, hear her heart beat, and know the progress sooner but as long as she holds on I am grateful!!

I wish you all the best...

Jen B

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016 at 11:39 AM »
Hi Everyone, I post here and there but when I get overwhelmed with everything I tend not to go online.
It's been 4 wks (20wks) since I started strict hospital bedrest away from my hubby and 18mth old. It's been a roller coaster ride but I have made it so far.
It actually gets easier as time goes by, the first couple of weeks was the hardest, being away from the family is probably the worst thing.
I have a funnelling cervix that changes so much so quickly, from 16mm closed to completely open with membrane bulging and contractions back to closed again by 0.5mm. I've learnt to not worry about it anymore as it's totally out of my control.
In the hospital the room have two people and I'm blessed to have a great roomy, who is only one week ahead. Unfortunately she's been taken down to the birthing suites for observation due to contractions and bleeding (has a cerclage), hoping the best for her.
There are some wonder blogs of people on here starting so early and getting all the way through to full term, I'm determined to be one of them.
Hoping we can all get there together!! I'm looking forward to meeting my twin boys after 34+ wks.
Hope everyone is coping it's such an achievement to get through each day, well done ladies.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2016 at 02:03 PM »
We're live in the Chat Room! http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/

madison5255

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016 at 03:31 PM »
I know it's not Monday, but today is my first official day of bed rest. I am 21 weeks, I had a cerclage placed at 10 weeks (due to a prior PPROM with loss) and my cervix is now to my stitch. My bed rest wasn't specific although I asked he just said "stay laying or sitting"
Does anyone else have any other specific instructions. Is sitting worse than laying? Just trying to figure all of this out and let this little girl beat all the odds that are against us.

Hellieo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2016 at 12:48 PM »
I was told I need to be fully horizontal and even with a cushion under my bottom if possible. Lying is definitely better than sitting. The whole point is to work against gravity and keep downward pressure off your cervix, at least that is what my doctor said...