Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for March 7, 2016  (Read 6883 times)

Jen B

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for March 7, 2016
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2016 at 10:32 PM »
It's so nice to hear all the ladies that are near full time, congratulations that is so awesome!!! It's also really good to hear that bedrest is worth it. I'm at the start so been on bedrest now for 8 days, so I'm now 22 wks. Counting everyday at this stage. Babies are good (MCDA twin boys) but issues with my cervix shortening from 22mm to 14mm but then last scan went back to 18 mm yeah ever tiny positive are what get me through. I hadn't seen anyone in 3 days so was so excited when my husband brought my 18 mth old. I'm finding that visit are getting harder, I just too close to crying and don't want to do that in front of my little one. I can get myself out of it after 10 mins or so only because it's not going to help. I do have a question how did you mums with children prior help them through this. My little one is starting to throw things at Childcare.

This is such a great group, such a big help.

Jen B

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2016 at 01:32 AM »
Hi ladies, just had my scan and the news is terrible, I have gone from a closed cervix length of 18mm to open with bulging membrane.

I've been told it's unlikely to get them past 24 weeks. ???? I feel all hope has been taken away.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2016 at 01:53 PM »
My heart goes out to you right now. You must be so afraid. I don't have any magic words to make your fears go away, but I have seen some amazing things here, with many women whose water broke or had no cervix left and they went on for several more weeks. If you can find a thread of hope, hold onto it.

Please do keep us updated, and feel free to express everything you're feeling. (((hugs)))

KLR

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2016 at 10:09 PM »

Hi Ladies,
I just made it to 35 weeks which is beyond exciting (after going into preterm labor at 29) and my dr is planning to take me off of Nifedipine next week... The downside of this is that I'm continuing to dialate, my cramping & contractions are getting worse and I've had 2 pos FFN tests so my dr and I agree that I'll likely go into labor shortly after going off the meds. My baby is breech (as she has been all along) but they won't schedule a c-section at my hospital before 29 weeks. I can try a Version to flip the baby (50% effective)  which may put me into labor and end in an emergency c or just go in when I go into labor... assuming I'll need an emergency c.  Not loving either option and to be honest feeling a lot of anxiety over either prospect. Has anyone been in this position before or have any advice? 

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2016 at 01:45 PM »
Quick reminder that the Live Chat starts in 15 minutes (2 pm E/11 am P). http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/

Smittymelly

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2016 at 02:43 PM »
Hi KLR, congrats on 35 weeks! Sorry to hear about your baby's position. Have you looked up spinning babies? They help you do exercises to encourage baby to move.
Also I remember my baby was head down and then I was doing the polar bear position where you stick your butt in the air ( and head down on pillow ) and the following week baby moved head up and then I did the position again and the baby moved head down again. It might be worth a shot- of course run it by your doctor. In any case, if you have to have a csection, it will be ok too.
A healthy baby is most important. Now that you are 35 weeks can you schedule one for 38/39 weeks? You never know you could make it that far. I'm 38 weeks and 2 days and still no baby.
Best of luck and keep us posted.

KLR

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2016 at 07:18 PM »
Hi Smittymelly,

I tried the least physical exercises I could find on spinning babies (slight inversion) and immediately had severe cramps that lasted 2 days. At my appt today I had dialated another 1/2 cm and have very little cervical length left so I think that's the end of me attempting anything on my own. They scheduled me for the version at 36 weeks so fingers crossed that it works and I make it that far...

Jen B

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2016 at 06:51 AM »
Hi ladies,

Congrats to all the ladies that have passed the 30 weeks, must be a relief to be getting closer to the full term goal. (Sorry terrible at remembering names)

Thank you Angela for your kind words.

So I have some great news, after my terrible news. I've been in a tilted bed, with so many emotions, but we hung in there until the next scan.

The scan showed the twin that was putting his foot through my cervix has now turned and is head down, which is spreading the pressure now which is good. So I've gone from an open cervix of 4 cm with bulging membrane to no bulging membrane and a partially closed cervix 16mm.

It was amazing news this hospital bedrest is paying off, I was so relieved. Being away from my 18 mth old is heart breaking but this gave me hope.

I'm determined to still be here in the next 13+wks.

Just a question to everyone on hospital bedrest, how do you wash your hair? I'm not allowed to sit up in bed and this presents a problem. After the other week it's not a problem I'm too bothered with it as it doesn't compare to the horrible questions we have had to answer as to what to do when the babies are born. No parents should ever have answer those questions.

Anyway hope all you lovely ladies are doing well, everyday counts.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016 at 12:36 PM by Angela »

Hellieo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2016 at 10:19 PM »
Hi Jen b I'm so happy for you, that's fantastic progress well done. No idea on hair washing sorry, maybe you could get one of those instant sprays in the meantime to tide you over. You don't want to risk having a couple of minutes in the shower? With a chair?
Good luck with it all. Xxx

Jen B

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2016 at 05:28 AM »
Hi ladies, don't think this pregnancy will give me any time to relax. I've now gone from 16mm to 0.5mm. How do you ladies deal with this stress. My hubby is starting to show his frustration, which I can understand but can't help with so frustrating for me too.
Now there's road works that has made his trip almost an hour longer (2-2.5 hrs) which he then has to go home and look after our 18 mth old.
I won't let this disappointment get me down, determined to get these twin boys to 32 weeks at least. Time is just my enemy right now.
How do you ladies cope with the worry.

Hellieo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2016 at 12:55 PM »
That must be so tough. How are you going now Jen b? Still in hospital? Any changes? Xx