Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: **update** 22w 6d. Dramatically shorter cervix and emergency cerclage  (Read 1212 times)

Alemaistre

• View Profile
After my routine weekly ultrasound yesterday the ultrasound tech sent me right up to speak with my obgyn clinic, after much waiting and some mis communication we finally found out that my cervix had shortened dramatically since last week almost more then half.. The obgyn Doctor I was dealing with at the time really had no words of encouragement and was unsure how to proceed, he called over to the hospital and spoke with the doctors here and they rushed me over to labor and delivery, right away the doctors here had a plan and seemed confident things would be okay... They did some more ultrasounds and felt my cervix to see how it was looking and decided to test my amniotic fluid to rule out any infections, good news!!! No infections so we are moving forward with an emergency cerclage this morning.... And praying all goes well and no infections, so anxious and worried I so badly don't want to lose my baby!!! Looks like I will be in the hospital for another two days for observations after my cerclage is complete...

Awaitingmommy

• View Profile
Sorry about all the bad news! But thank God they are able to do the cerclarge. I pray for your strength and a great outcome. God is with you !