Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 18wks with twins, just started progesterone & br,wondering about pessary ??  (Read 2539 times)

Camsmom

• View Profile
I am 41, preg for 1st time w twins. Yesterday had ultrasound done that showed my cervix is funneled & I am dilated.5. Dr put me on progesterone & bedrest. She mentioned the pessary may be an option depending on what my cervix looks like next week. Cerclage she said wasn't an option because it's twins. Anyone have info on pessary & twins??

Kmm05

• View Profile
Hi and welcome.  I haven't had any experience with a pessary but I feel like I've seen something that says it is effective in twin pregnancies.  Sorry that wasn't much help.  I do know from experience that progesterone and bedrest are very helpful though, so hopefully you can take some hope from that.  What did you find out this week?  Best of luck to you and please let us know how you're getting along.

Adriana0516

• View Profile
Hi Camsmom, how are you doing ? Did they put in the pessary ?
I have one too but it's an inflateble one it already deflated once however it's too early to tell how much is helping ...I have an appt next week and they will measure my cervix and I can give you an update..
Let us know how things are going with you