Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: For Hospital Bed Rest Bloggers  (Read 2024 times)

bianca419

• View Profile
For Hospital Bed Rest Bloggers
« on: May 19, 2010 at 12:40 PM »
I remember a bed rest mommy saying once she couldn't post to Blogger (the free blogging website) in her hospital because it was blocked.
I found a way to post to your blog while in the hospital - if you have a Blogger account. I wanted to share it here in case that was deterring some of you from blogging. I have to say blogging really helped me during my bed rest, so that's why I am writing about it here. Not only did I post to my blog, but I read other bed resting mommy blogs that made me feel less alone.

If you have a Blogger account, go into "Settings" then "Publishing" and then "Email & Mobile."  You add your own "secret word" in to the email address and you click on the "Publish Emails immediately" button. Then save your settings. (There's also an option to do it via MMS or texting, but I don't know how to do that, even though I've tried. This way seems much easier to me.) Then you can email your blog entries to yourself. I just tested it out and it works. The subject line is your blog post heading and the body of the email is your post. I even posted a picture by sending it via email. I have an iPhone, so sending the photo was a snap for me.

Good luck!