Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Contractions 12-7 min apart...nothing stops them, lost mucus plug, bleeding  (Read 1829 times)

soko

• View Profile
Hi everyone,
Just looking for some advice or if anyone else has stories to share.
I am 33 weeks and 5 days.
On Monday I went to L&D because I started bleeding. They removed the pessary because they thought the pessary was causing the bleeding due to irritation. That night is started contractions (holy cow, they are no joke). At first the contractions were all over the place. Next day they became more consistent at 10-7. I started Procardia at 10 mg every 6 hours, they hen doubled the dose to 20 mg because it was not working. I went to the hospital again last night because the contractions were just too much and I was still bleeding on and off. They gave me a shot of Terbutaline but that only worked for an hour or two. They released me from the hospital and want me to continue the Procardia even though its not working. I am 2 cm dialaed and 90% effaced. They want me to continue these contractions until my water breaks or my contractions are 3 min apart for 1 hour. How do people do this I am already loosing it with these contractions every 7-10min???

Any advice or stories would help.

wannabe42weeker

• View Profile
I'm assuming they released you because the contractions weren't changing your cervix? Otherwise, I really don't know why they would have. I just hit 34 weeks and I was told they wouldn't try and stop labor at this point, but you're not quite 34. Did they mention trying magnesium sulfate at all? I'm sorry you're going through this; try not to let it stress you out too much. Know that most likely your baby will be just fine and will just need some growing time in the NICU.