Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: She has arrived!!!  (Read 3340 times)

soko

• View Profile
She has arrived!!!
« on: April 18, 2016 at 02:25 AM »
Hi everyone, just wanted to give you an update...our beautiful baby girl has arrrived!!! 4/16/16 ???? 5pounds 3 ounces!!! She is absolutely beautiful and our little miracle!!
She is doing great. She was born ato 33 weeks + 6. She is in the NICU currently. We don't know for how long but they keep saying not long. She came out screaming and the sound of that cry was the best feeling in the world. She is breathing get on her own with no support. She is still learning to feed, breath, and swallow all together and had some Jondis so she is under the blue light! Other than that is is doing great. We get to hold her everyday, change her diaper, take her temp, and feedings. We try to do as much as they will let us!!
This journey has been an amazing one ( very emotional, bonding for me and my husband and our daughter, and every day that passed was a blessing). From diagnoses of a short funneled and short nearly gone cervix at 24 weeks with strict bed rest...10 weeks later she is here!!!
I can tell you ladies- IT'S ALL WORTH IT!!! Everyone always told me you will forget about the hard parts when you hold her and see her for the 1st time...it's true! Though they can't keep me in bed for long at the hospital lol!!
Keep up the great work!! I will update as we go...this site and you ladies, the stories has been a great part of getting through this journey!!! Thank you!!!

ceecee31

• View Profile
Re: She has arrived!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016 at 08:15 AM »
Congratulations Soko, so happy to hear another great success story. :)
You are so right, it's such a hard journey but so worth it. Enjoy each minute with your family.
What a great weight!!!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016 at 09:11 AM by ceecee31 »

lauragibson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016 at 01:13 AM »
Congratulations Soko!!!

It must be amazing to stare at your little one and realize all the hard work was worth it.

Iam now 32 weeks and could be anyday now. I also have gestational diabetes like yourself and was wondering if that effected your birth in anyway? Only curious as ive been worried about that. Also did you get the steroids?

Congrats again!! Well done mumma xx

soko

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016 at 06:20 AM »
Thank you ladies!
Lauragibson- 32 weeks is good, and baby is still cooking. I held in 3 weeks after a positive ffn and all odds against me. So keep up the good work. The gestational diabetes was both good and bad. She was bigger because of it putting her ato a better weight at birth. She had low sugars that they have continued to monitor multiple times a day but so far have all been in good ranges. Yes I got the steroids at 30 weeks after the positive ffn then another (only 1) hours before giving birth. Doctors thought she would stay in for the two rounds but she didnt!
I wish you the best!! It's a long journey and nicu is hard!! But we have to be their cheerleaders:)

wannabe42weeker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016 at 03:01 PM »
Congratulations! My second was a NICU feeder-grower, born at 33 weeks. Hang in there! How are you handling the NICU experience? The nurses are excellent, but don't don't be afraid to assert yourself. You are her mama!

KayKay27

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016 at 10:13 PM »
Congrats to you!!

Chaumet22

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016 at 02:16 PM »
Congratulations so happy for you