Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Short cervix and pessaries or just succes stories with very short cervix ?  (Read 2473 times)

Adriana0516

• View Profile
Hi does anyone have any experience with pessaries ? I have been on bed rest for 5 weeks now I am 24.5 weeks pregnant and my cervix is going down ...at first measurement at 19 weeks it was 1.8, then it grew to 2.2 then to 2.8 and since then it went down to 2.3 and today it was only 1.6 .. I am too late for cerclage so doc placed a pessary and hopes it will help ...anyone has any success stories with that ? Or even without just making it to at least 28 weeks with a very short cervix ? I am so scared

ceecee31

• View Profile
At 24 weeks my cervix was 1.5-1.7 cms, so yours can still hold strong at that length or bounce back up again!! I was just really diligent with my bed rest until 30 weeks. Drink lots of water and stay off your feet; lay down as much as you can. Call in friends and family for extra hands and help if it will help you stay off your feet!
I didn't have a cerlage or pessary. Just my dynamic cervix on its own and despite my short measurements it held on.

Thinking of you!

Adriana0516

• View Profile
Thank you so much, all I am doing is bathroom I even eat laying down... And the funny thing is those times when it grew I actually did more than the times it went down so I don't know definitively interesting ... I hope I can make it to 30 weeks at least and it will stabilize at this length