Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 32 weeks and anxious!  (Read 2536 times)

mekvien

• View Profile
32 weeks and anxious!
« on: May 10, 2016 at 12:50 PM »
Hey girls,

I am pregnant with baby #3 and am not a stranger to preterm labor. I have had it with all of my kids now, the first was around week 30 and he was born sleeping at 36+6 :(  My second son was born at 35+5 after any weeks of bedrest. Now I am expecting a girl and have had increased contractions for weeks. She has totally dropped into my pelvis and seems to be staying there :( My cervix is soft and less than 2cm. I had a + ffn four days ago and so now I feel like a ticking time bomb! I had a two year old that makes it impossible to be on true bedrest, and my doctor doesn't even prescribe it! He says it's not proven to help, but I don't agree. Just looking for some companionship during this hard time I guess......

Oh and my baby may need surgery when she's born :( which makes this much more scary than if she were otherwise healthy. She has a dilated bowel that could mean an obstruction. I'm just so overwhelmed!

Natlg

• View Profile
Re: 32 weeks and anxious!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016 at 03:38 PM »
Hi, sorry to hear about your precious baby sleeping and your past preterm labour experiences. The good thing is that you are 32 weeks, which is a great achievement in itself. Like you I completely agree with bedrest, I completed 23 weeks of bedrest in total and I believe that along with my cerclage and progesterone is the only reason why I am now at home with my 9 week old daughter.

Although you feel like you have hard times ahead, you are around experts that will advise you and treat you accordingly. I was also overwhelmed by my pregnancy, especially delivering 4 weeks early and having a short stay in NICU. All your feelings are completely normal.

Try and keep those feet up as much as you can (I know it's hard with a toddler), set yourself small goals and take each day at a time. Lean on us for support.

KayKay27

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016 at 08:19 PM »
Hi there, first off I am so sorry to hear about your sleeping angel. I lost my first son at 23 weeks, its the hardest thing in the world, hugs to you!

Like natg said 32 weeks is a great accomplishment! I think I replied to you on the bedrest forum, but yes it's hard to stay off your feet with a toddler, but it is important. I too, contract constantly, it's very stressful. I had a positive ffn test 12 days ago (at only 26 weeks) and was miserable with those results. I am still pregnant though! Many women gets positives and go on many many weeks. You are so close. I am taking each day as a blessing and have tried to change my outlook on things. I have realized we (my doctor and I) have done everything and are continuing to do everything we can for the baby and the rest ultimately is out of my hands. I felt better when I stopped hoping for good news (improvement in my condition) and accepted stability (I have a short, soft cervix too) as my good news.

I'm sorry to hear about the possibility of surgery- you certainly
Have a lot on your plate. I hope all goes well with you and you make it many many more weeks!

Mabel0706

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016 at 08:27 PM »
Oh Mekvien, no wonder you're feeling anxious.
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your first son.
I have a two year old too, so I can definitely appreciate how difficult it is to properly rest with a toddler around.
At the end of the day, all you can do is your best and no more. You've already reached 32 so that's amazing and sounds like you still have some length yet so hopefully you can hang in a bit longer.
It's just awful to think of your little one potentially going through surgery, but even if that happens, she'll be in the very best of hands and it'll all be a distant memory soon enough.
I am 33 weeks today and last week at 32 i found out that my cervix had shortened a lot and was dilating. I have another scan in a couple of hours.  It's frustrating because even though we're lucky to have come this far, it feels a shame not to be able to go just that little bit further still.
Anyway sending you lots of positive vibes - hang in there and just try to focus on the things you can control, rather than the things you can't do much about at this point :)

mekvien

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016 at 06:25 AM »
Thanks everyone!! The most hard part for me is just dealing with my emotions and thoughts. Everytime I get up to use the bathroom or go downstairs to get something to eat, I feel like this baby is going to fall out and I just get a hopeless. It doesn't help that my son is sick right now and there is very little sleep going on in our house. If I am anxious or stress whatsoever, get many more contractions. Also with every contractions feel like her head is just being driven downward and she's already so low under my pelvic Brim

mekvien

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016 at 06:17 PM »
Well I'm 34 weeks today and feel like I could go into labor anyday now. Really hoping for 37 weeks but the way I feel now it seems so far away. Her head is engaged and my cervix is opening and very soft/short. Bummer ..