Stay Social. Stay Sane.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Author Topic: admitted to labor and delivery  (Read 1339 times)

littlemamadugan

• View Profile
    • a girl with wishes
admitted to labor and delivery
« on: May 24, 2016 at 02:57 PM »
Was having contractions at home so I decided to get a shower and see if things calmed down (typically all it takes)--when I fell getting put of the shower. Admitted to the hospital last night due to accelerated contractions. Was given ataxa (i think?) And they finally died down to about 6-7 an hour.
I had an ultrasound this morning and after the review, my OB ordered several panels of blood work. I haven't got to speak with him yet and don't remember the names of the blood work/tests being done. :(
Contractions have picked back up again and I was given steroids to help mature baby boy's lungs. I have 3 other children (one of which is 4 and was just given a car ride by grandma WITHOUT her car seat--yes it was available and installed).
So stressed out and feeling utterly helpless and hopeless right now.
I know this is all over the place but I needed to vent. My husband and my 3 year old are here with me and my husband is napping  >:(
Lily Angelina -9-11-04 @37weeks induced(10weeks bedrest)
Angel baby- due  4-4-11, miscarriage at 8 weeks
Amelia Mae Rose -7-28-11 @36weeks came on her own!(20weeks bedrest)
Cain Arnold due 8-30-12, born on 8-8-12, 36.6 weeks
Jacob Henry due 9-11-16, born 7-14-16 at 31.4 weeks

Mabel0706

• View Profile
Re: admitted to labor and delivery
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016 at 11:40 PM »
Ohhhh wow that all sounds really stressful!! You poor thing.
I'm finding it hard enough to navigate bedrest and pregnancy dramas with one child let alone 3.
It's horrible to feel helpless and like you can't control anything/anyone especially if you're used to being in charge of the household.  But it's not forever.
Just try to stay calm and remember that your number 1 job at the moment is keeping relaxed for your baby.  Everything else will look after itself one way or another, even if it's not done the way you'd ideally like.
Serenity now!!!
I hope your test results come back ok. Keep us posted!  Sending lots of positive thoughts :)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016 at 10:55 AM »
Hey, Littlemama! Post an update when you can. Been thinking about you and sending positive thoughts!

littlemamadugan

• View Profile
    • a girl with wishes
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016 at 08:43 AM »
I know it's been a while,  but things got crazy in a hurry. On July 13th, I was air lifted to cabell huntington hospital for baby's heart decelerating during contractions.
After having a test done (don't remember the name- but they gave me pitocin to see how baby would handle stress), it was decided that I would have an emergency c section.
Jacob Henry came into the world on July 14th weighing 4lbs 6.5oz at 31 weeks 4 days. He had a nuchal cord and it was wrapped tightly around his neck, he was unable to move from breech position. We were told if we had waited, he may have been still born.  We spent 26 days in the nicu. My milk never came in so we did formula until I found some milk donors once we were released. I am battling post partum depression and dealing with the trauma of how my pregnancy ended.
Jacob is healthy and I am so grateful but my anxiety is still high. We recently discovered he has an inguinal hernia that will need surgery so it doesn't seem like I can relax anytime soon.
It kills me to hear someone complain about being pregnant- what I wouldn't give to have had a healthier, closer to term pregnancy. What I wouldn't do to have forgone the nicu life that is a sleepless stressful tear filled journey.
My c section (first one after 3 vaginals) couldn't have gone better, but it still leaves me in tears when i think about it.
Keep them cooking, ladies...As long as you can and enjoy it. Bedrest is a thousand times better than having to ask if your baby is healthy enough that day for an hour of skin to skin (and sometimes being told no)
Lily Angelina -9-11-04 @37weeks induced(10weeks bedrest)
Angel baby- due  4-4-11, miscarriage at 8 weeks
Amelia Mae Rose -7-28-11 @36weeks came on her own!(20weeks bedrest)
Cain Arnold due 8-30-12, born on 8-8-12, 36.6 weeks
Jacob Henry due 9-11-16, born 7-14-16 at 31.4 weeks

StillExpecting

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016 at 12:47 PM »
Ah, Littelmamadugan,

What a beautiful name for your boy! I love it. I cannot imagine all the emotions and stress you have been through. What a journey. Praying you can enjoy your little boy and that he is doing well now. My Dad said to me the other week, "Everyone walking around has some story of their birth. Some are crazier than others". It struck me that most times, we never know, because life moves on and Lord willing, those little ones grow healthy and strong. Maybe Jacob Henry will be rolling his eyes someday, as you tell him about his own birth adventure..."Oh mom, I'm fine!" Sounds like something my boy would say! :)