Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Roll Call for Monday, May 24. Reach out!  (Read 3569 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Roll Call for Monday, May 24. Reach out!
« on: May 24, 2010 at 08:11 AM »
It has been very exciting to see so many to members join the Forum over the past week! You all are doing the most important job in the world and you deserve all the support you can get!

All members, please get us up to date! How many weeks are you? Any doctor's appointments planned this week? Also, what are you looking forward to this week?

Can I get everyone to commit to reaching out to a friend this week? Invite a friend to come visit you, and maybe bring a meal from a favorite restaurant or bring you a snack food you've been craving. Or, call an old friend for a long chat. Is there a board game you haven't played since you were a kid? Play it. Staying connected to other people helps SO much!
Angela

ladygartman

• View Profile
Re: Roll Call for Monday, May 24. Reach out!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010 at 09:47 AM »
I had kind of a rough weekend, as I was expecting to most likely have a c-section on Friday.  But they canceled the amnio, as it was too risky because of where the pocket of fluid was.  And even though I was 37 weeks, they couldn't send me home because my doctor felt the feet when I was examined and she deemed it too risky.  My husband and I were pretty bummed, and Friday and Saturday were kind of rough.  But I decided to start playing Scrabble which I haven't played in a long time on Saturday.  My mother-in-law is an addict.  She also brought a home-cooked meal, which was a real mood booster, as I am very tired of hospital food and take-out.  So we played on Sat. with my husband, and yesterday I was able to spend 2 hrs outside with my husband playing Scrabble.  Since I'm no longer on bed rest but stuck in the hospital, they're pretty lenient with me.

So, I'm 37 weeks, 2 days.  Thursday will mark 11 weeks in the hospital.  If I don't go into labor on my own, we have a definite c-section scheduled on Saturday, May 29.  No amnio required this time.  So it's a go.  This week I'm looking forward to more time outside, and catching up on the last 2 seasons of Gilmore Girls, which I never was able to finish watching.  I have to choose not to be bored!  It's hard, but only 5 more days for SURE this time!  Maybe less?  Who knows.

mktarrant

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010 at 02:03 PM »
Checking in for roll call. This is my 4th week on bedrest. Finally made it to 27 weeks and my big goal now is 30 weeks!

I have low amniotic fluid and today was our first BPP of the little dude. He is weighing in smaller than they'd like (1 lb 10 oz) and his breathing isn't the best - but he's still kicking, moving and has a strong heartbeat. Each week inside is a good week in my book. STill fortunate to be on HOME bedrest and not in a hospital. Thank god. TO all the other girls still waiting - I hope that things are going as well as can be expected.

@Ladygartman - I'm thinking of you and hope that the next few days go by fast and am hoping for a smooth delivery and healthy baby. You did it and showed all of us that it IS possible to hang in there!

miaEG2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010 at 02:07 PM »
34 weeks today. Second-to-last 17p shot this coming Wednesday. And a dear friend I've known since we were 15 is visiting from NYC this week---hooray! Happy to lie around together like teens and catch up.

At last doctor's appointment, had a manual exam in addition to a cervical-length check by ultrasound. Holy moly, the exam hurt! I guess months and months of pelvic rest don't help. Cervix is still long and closed but apparently soft. Doc isn't worried, since this isn't my first pregnancy, but I still wish everything was shut and sealed!

Last thing to note: I just don't see how this baby can get any bigger. I feel ENORMOUS.

Cheers to all the moms---
mia

Luvmytieren

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010 at 02:26 PM »
Rough week.  I lost my sunshine a bit and dealt with some depression.  He hit our first goal of 24 weeks after 11.5 weeks on bed rest so that was a small victory!  We did our 24 week ultrasound and the good news is that the blood pooling in the lining of the uterus is gone. Baby is big & strong and weighing in at a big 1lb 10 oz!  BUT (and we are so used to buts at this point) my Placenta Previa- which had moved 3cm away from the cervix at 18 weeks- has come back.  As the baby grows the placenta does too and mine has grown back onto the cervix.  It's only partial and the Dr. says there is still time for it to correct itself.  Every visit I swear the skies are going to open and the Dr. will announce that I'm off bedrest but here I still am.  I did the math and if I go full term I will have spent 27 weeks in bed.  Ugh.  Additionally, my FMLA expires this Wednesday so I will be officially unemployed for the first time since I was a teenager.  Some weeks it's just a lot to deal with.  My goal this week is to find my sunshine again.

Good luck Ladygartman!  I'm so glad you have an end in sight and you get to meet your little angel this week! 

MVetter1211

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010 at 03:49 PM »
I am 33 weeks and 4 days today.  I have been on bed rest for 7 weeks and 4 days.  I had another baby shower on Saturday so that was fun!  We only need a few more things and then we'll be ready for baby!  I am looking forward to tomorrow because my husband is off work and looking forward to my doctor appointment on Thursday.

drapkowicz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010 at 03:52 PM »
Starting my 5th week of hospital bedrest and roughly 5 more to go. I am sort of bummed that i am only half way there but i know i have no choice.  Goodnews...last thursday they measured him and he was estimated at 3lbs even!! I am very excited that he is getting bigger and closer to the goal of 34 wks. Had more leaking of fluid and bleeding along with contractions but we are keeping our fingers crossed that they continue to not change my cervix.  I am hoping to get a home cooked meal brought to me this week, i can't stand this hospital food any longer!! Goodluck to everyone this week!! Keep smiling and Keep cookin!

bianca419

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010 at 04:56 PM »
You are all such an inspiration! Keep up the good work. I was on strict home bed rest for 13 weeks. Those weeks were rough. I had good days and bad days. The past 4 weeks have not been easy either - always wondering if this is real labor - but bed rest definitely was THE hardest thing I've ever done. They took me off my medicine at 37 weeks and, although I have been contracting like crazy for 3+ weeks, I am still pregnant and two days past my due date - something I did not think possible! Nevertheless, I cannot wait to meet my little boy.