Author Topic: Shortening cervix at 19weeks  (Read 1150 times)

Yesy14

• View Profile
Shortening cervix at 19weeks
« on: July 22, 2016 at 12:01 AM »
Hi I'm new and I'm 19weeks pregnat with twins. Last week I had my Dr checkup and they saw my cervix was 1.6cm open. Yesterday I had me checkup and my cervix is now 0.8cm open. Dr precribed progesterone suppositories. Hopefully I can make it to 24weeks. Has anyone been through this??? Its my 1st pregnancy and I'm really scared

soblessed

• View Profile
Re: Shortening cervix at 19weeks
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016 at 07:51 PM »
Hi Yesy
I would try and just follow bedrest as strictly as you can. I don't know much about twin pregnancies but began searching some past messages to see what others experiences were and I was able to find some accounts where with bed rest and progesterone they progressed past 24 weeks, even one woman who went down to practically no cervix and bulging membranes. Sending you positive thoughts and best wishes. Try and stay as positive as you can, I know it's a terrifying feeling. I hope your next appointment brings you some more positive news.
Xoxoxo

Yesy14

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016 at 10:14 AM »
Hi soblessed,
Thanks for the positive vibes. Strict bed rest it is until my next appointment which is in 2 more weeks. I'll keep you posted  :)

ASL2213

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016 at 02:32 PM »
Any updates? I'm in the same boat as you. 21+5 with twins. Put in hospital last week for 1.7 cervix and contractions. Finally home on strick bed rest. Will have another scan tomorrow.

Yesy14

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016 at 09:46 AM »
Hi Asl2213. Well I'm still in the hospital the leakage has stopped. Now we just have to take it say by day to see what happens. Hopefully I can get to 23weeks so I can get my 1st round of steroids injections. So we have 7more days to get to 23weeks. Keeping fingers crossed

Yesy14

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016 at 05:09 PM »
Hi Asl2213
Here's an update. Fortunately I was able to reach 23weeks and I got transfered to a Hospital with a level 3 NICU. I gave birth to my baby girl at 23 weeks 1day, and 2days later I gave birth to my baby boy. Unfortunately my boy didn't survive but my baby girl is 2 weeks old today and is in the NICU

Karen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016 at 05:19 PM »
Hi Yesy14. Congratulations on being able to reach 23 weeks and able to deliver ur baby girl. I am sorry to hear about your baby boy. I hope you are well. How is ur baby girl doing? I will be praying for her...

Yesy14

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2016 at 03:05 PM »
Hi Karen,
My baby girl is doing good. She's been through alot but Dr's did say she's a fighter ????. Shed had 3 blood transfusions, her blood pressure drops every other day so they have her on Dophamine. Her sugars are high sometimes so when Dr thinks it's necessary he'll do insulin drops. And she has a small PDA that they're keeping a close eye on. So I hope and pray that she'll pull through ????????????????

reema

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2016 at 06:55 PM »
Hi Yesi

My prayers are with you and your girl... And I am so sorry to hear about your baby boy... I hope you can get through this challenging time...