Author Topic: 22 weeks, funnelling and 3.7cm cervix  (Read 562 times)

Ajlavoie

• View Profile
22 weeks, funnelling and 3.7cm cervix
« on: July 24, 2016 at 10:56 AM »
Hi gals,

I'm new here, slightly terrified and looking for any happy ending stories!

So at 21.5 days I was diagnosed with a funnelling cervix. Although it isn't too short yet, it's still opening! Which is so worrying to me. My dr didn't seem to want to consider a cerclage since my cervival length is still long enough.

I'm on bed rest until my next appointment at 22.5 days. I'm so anxious to see how the cervix is progressing... And hoping I even make it to that appointment.

Symptoms:
- Braxton Hicks: anywhere from 3 per hour to none for 2 hrs.
- pressure/pinching on my cervix

Has anyone ever had a similar situation, funnelling at 22 weeks and NO cerclage, and make it in the 30-range weeks?

Thanks!! :)

soblessed

• View Profile
Re: 22 weeks, funnelling and 3.7cm cervix
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016 at 06:40 PM »
Hi,
I'm new to the whole cervical issue thing, so I can't offer much insight. Just want to wish you well and say at least your length isn't bad. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I do know they have options available for contractions so may wish to discuss that with your OB, perhaps it may be an option for you. Think bedrest is still a good idea. I hope to hear your appointment went well! I'm around the same gestational age as you too, so here's to us both going full term ???? and same for all the other wonderful ladies on the boards/forum!

Ajlavoie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016 at 01:54 PM »
Hi soblessed! Thanks for the sweet words :)... My appointment is tomorrow so fingers crossed that things haven't gone worse! Positive thoughts :)

soblessed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016 at 11:53 AM »
Hope your appointment went well today! I have one too, later in the day.
Best wishes!