Stay Social. Stay Sane.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Author Topic: Feeling of strong pressure  (Read 992 times)

soblessed

• View Profile
Feeling of strong pressure
« on: August 27, 2016 at 10:07 PM »
Hi all
I'm 27w2d and I am feeling extreme pressure in the vaginal area. It's kind of hard for me to explain. Almost like I feel if I don't hold on something could come out...I don't know how else to describe the pain. I can feel the Baby moving so I'm not sure if it's just maybe taking position that's putting more pressure on my cervix or if I'm just being paranoid. I don't have an appointment until Tuesday but feeling a bit nervous. It's an entire different feeling from contractions.
Hoping someone knows or has had experience with what I'm talking about and gone on to have everything be okay. Still want to keep baby cooking a little longer if at all possible.
Best wishes to all.

rosebud

Re: Feeling of strong pressure
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016 at 11:21 AM »
I would call L&D just to be sure it's not PTL especially if you're leaking fluid or spotting. I've felt increased pressure on my cervix since around 26 weeks. It's temporary and happens when baby girls moves; it's even worse if I have a full bladder. I usually have to wait until she repositions herself and once she does I speed to the bathroom to empty my bladder. I wouldn't necessarily describe what I feel as painful, but it's not comfortable. I think it could be baby swimming around, but I would go with whatever your gut is telling you to do  :)

soblessed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016 at 11:28 AM »
Thanks rosebud. It subsided and I was telling my husband I could feel baby moving around a lot. Had no leaking or anything. But yes it was uncomfortable and scary. I just lay there until baby found a position and then did the same thing, went to the washroom...so I feel like it's a combo of the bladder and the baby moving around. It's reassuring to hear you also felt that. My hubby really felt it was Bc baby was moving around a lot at that point.
Thank you. Still will call l&d but hate to get upright and wait around there Bc I'm scared of that being risky too. Thank you again!

StillExpecting

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016 at 11:11 PM »
Hi SoBlessed (love that name, by the way!),

I had a weird pressure before, too! This is actually why I went to the hospital one time. I called my OB, told her how it felt like being ready to deliver a baby that had dropped! It was a heavy crotch feeling as well as what I would describe as a lot of "instability" in the pelvis and pelvic floor. At that time, in my case, they told me the baby is "low"....yes!! I could tell. I apparently carry very low, so I am having this kind of pressure and instability feeling on and off to a greater or lesser degree almost all the time. At least your doctor may be able to tell you if that is the case. I told my husband, "Even if I wasn't on bed rest for a short cervix, I think I'd be limited to the sofa because this feels so wrong!" Truthfully, my first baby never felt that heavy when I was 9 months! My NP said I could just have "lax ligaments" holding my uterus! Mine are loosing their tenacity, apparently. :) I haven't been sorry for bothering people about this feeling...even though my never-been-pregnant-nurse was very dismissive. In my case, that's when they found my cervix had shortened more and then put me on bed rest...I second the other advice, stick to your gut and get help, and never feel silly because you are the Mama! ;) You're doing a good job!