Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: New Here  (Read 1816 times)

scassidy

• View Profile
New Here
« on: October 08, 2016 at 04:01 PM »
Hey There! My name is Sara and I am currently 31 weeks 2 days. I was admitted into the hospital for the second time a week and a half ago. I have full placenta previa. Because both of my bleeds were pretty significant bleeds, the doctors will not let me leave the hospital until my sweet girl arrives. They will be delivering her via C Section at 34 weeks on October 27th. My stay here at the hospital has been a roller coaster ride. One moment I am feeling up and the next I am down. I have not bled since being in the hospital but the doctors say the risk is too high to send me home on bed rest. I am on a modified bed rest in the hospital. I can shower and get up and move about the room as well as have visitors take me on wheelchair rides around the hospital. I am struggling to keep my mind busy over the next few weeks as this is the hardest thing I have experienced this far in my life.I am a first grade teacher so I am used to moving around a lot.  I read, watch Netflix, color, do crafts, and have even began teaching myself to crochet. I think I am doing all of the right things to stay afloat, but some days are just so hard. I miss my husband, my home and my dog. I look forward to chatting and am looking for any positive words of encouragement or ideas to help the time pass

soblessed

• View Profile
Re: New Here
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016 at 10:36 PM »
Hi Sara
I'm sorry you are feeling up and down. I think that's understandable having to stay in hospital for the last part of your pregnancy. It's wonderful your bed rest isn't Strict bed rest, even that little movement and getting to roll around can do wonders. I wonder if you could be wheeled outside to get some fresh air. How about talking to some friends over the phone?? Really sounds like you're doing everything right and your feelings are totally understandable so don't be so hard on yourself. Someone gave me the advise to journal my feelings as a means to cope with them, so perhaps you could even try that.
I wish you the best on the home stretch of your journey.

StillExpecting

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016 at 07:52 PM »
I second Soblessed. I try to write down the encouraging things that happen. I'm at hope with lots of people helping with meals and my son, so I keep a list of all the people who helped and I write down ways I can pray for them and thank you gifts that might be particularly meaningful to them. I also like audible books! So fun. Have you ever listened to the Miss Polifax series. It's cute, fun, great way to pass the time with a sweet little lady who decides to spend her latter years as a CIA spy. The first one is great. Barbara Rosenblatt is a great reader. I also like the series about the food caterer. She talks about the food she is making all during her mystery. :) I keep up with my church by listening to their recorded teachings and I have been doing some things with my photos on my computer. I need to organize my photo book from the last two and a half years....basically since I got married! I've also written a couple letters to the baby, telling him what it was like during the days of waiting to see him and how much we are looking forward to him being in our lives. Hang in there! I've been at home on bedrest 2.5 weeks...I do feel nuts some days, but this site and these ladies have been a huge help and pick me up! :)

God bless YOU and your precious little girl!

Karen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016 at 11:08 PM »
Hi Sara. 31 weeks is a really big milestone to reach. You are only days to being 32 weeks. I started bedrest at 22.5 weeks and still on bedrest now at 32.3 weeks although its not as strict as when i was in hospital anymore. First couple of weeks of bedrest will be hard but you will learn how to occupy yourself. I was in hospital bedrest for 7 1/2 weeks and 2 weeks at home now. I did a lot of netflix, i watched a lot of court tv on youtube, and read books. I also journal my daily bedrest life and write a little message for the baby at the end. Stay strong.