Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 11 weeks pregnant cervix 2.5cm  (Read 1573 times)

Abbieangel88

• View Profile
11 weeks pregnant cervix 2.5cm
« on: October 10, 2016 at 11:05 AM »
Hi all last week at 11weeks pregnant I asked for a internal scan as I was experiencing the same symptoms I had with my 2nd pregnancy pain in vagina, heavy feeling and spotting on and off anyway the found my cervix to be short. With my 2nd I had a emergency cervlage placed at 20 weeks because I was 2cm with bulging membrains. Just wanted to know if I have a chance with this one getting to this Friday to have the cerclage placed. I have 3. Children ages 5,4 & 2 I'm hardly resting as it's impossible. I feel like I'm losing it today with worry x

msjlow12

• View Profile
Re: 11 weeks pregnant cervix 2.5cm
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016 at 01:17 PM »
Welcome AbbieAngel88, I will tell keep your mind thinking positive thoughts and try not to worry, remember faith over fear. My experience with a short cervix at 9 weeks my cervix was 2.5, but dynamic so the MD decided to do a cerclarge that same week. I also stop working (short term disability) and did moderate bedrest.  My cervix was checked every 2 weeks due to my history.  At 18 weeks I had bulging membranes so the cerclage was revised and another one put in so I have two. At 21 weeks I had an u/s and I guess it looked bad so they admitted me not thinking I would make it to 22 weeks.  Well God had other plans,  I will be 27 weeks tomorrow and both cerclage are still in place and cervix is closed.  I do take strict bedrest serious, trust in God, never listen to doom and gloom and was my own advocate because I know my body. Every body story is different though. (I am unique) (:  Some women have a shorter cervix with no cerclage, do moderate bedrest and go to term. God bless (:

StillExpecting

• View Profile
Re: 11 weeks pregnant cervix 2.5cm
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016 at 12:32 PM »
AbbieAngel88- Thanks for sharing. I still feel like a newbie on here, but realized yesterday I have been on bed rest (at home) almost a month already...long, but short....weird! I was 26 weeks when they remeasured my already short cervix and found it had gone from 2.6 and "stable" to 2 cm. My doctor was pretty funny about the bed rest, saying that there is no conclusive evidence, but it's what he has to tell me to do. I do have to tell you, I feel better lying down. Otherwise, I have a lot of pressure and discomfort in pelvis. Baby is low and I feel it. I think taking it easy has helped. My sister has three kiddos about the same age as yours and I know she never gets to lie down. Hoping you can really get some help so you are putting your feet up more. We're trying to make things simple as possible here. Easy meals for b-fast and lunch so my husband can do it quickly and friends are bringing several meals a week, which has helped tremendously. Praying you are able to have peace and also have help. In my case, several church girlfriends of mine emailed or texted ladies and they all pooled together to help us out. Keep us posted. God bless you and all your little ones. :) You're a brave Mama.