Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: NEW TO FORUM!!  (Read 3031 times)

Cyavca

• View Profile
NEW TO FORUM!!
« on: October 12, 2016 at 11:02 AM »
Hi all, I'm new to this forum so just wanted to say hi and tell you my story on this pregnancy. I am now 23w 3D along, at 13 w I had heavy bleeding that had me going to the ER, baby looked good, doctors couldn't see what the cause for the bleeding was. At the time my dr recommended for me to take it easy but didn't prescribe bed rest. Everything was going perfect until week 21 3D ( 2 weeks ago), I had another heavy bleeding episode except this time I passed out few times during the bleeding and my husband had to call the ambulance, took me to L&D at the hospital, kept me most of the night and then sent me home to follow up with my dr next day. Next day I had an US showing the baby looks good but there is a rupture-detachment of the placenta, small they said but the dr recommended bed rest until this Friday when I see my dr again and will have another US to see how everything looks. Dr mentioned that at this point ( this Friday) my dr will decide if we should start shots to help the baby develop faster, I guess that will depend on how the rupture looks like.

I'm hopeful, but also afraid. How much do you guys think that bed rest help to keep the baby cooking? Even if the placenta looks better I will be afraid to go back to "regular life" and have another heavy bleeding  :(

Anyway we'll see what happens Friday, oh I also have an 8 and 5 yo daughter and son and had no issues during their pregnancies :-).

On another note I'm happy to be on this forum reading so many stories that definitely give me hopes!!!

BlossominSpring

• View Profile
Re: NEW TO FORUM!!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016 at 05:08 AM »
Welcome  Cyavca and congratulations on your pregnancy. So sorry to hear you're having a frightening time. Hope everything goes well with your appointment tomorrow and your doctors can reassure you with some advice. I know every pregnancy is different but I'm a big believer in listening to your body and taking it easy. Bedrest has worked for so many of us on this site. I know it's so hard, especially when you have other children to care for, but call in all the favours that you can and let friends and family help you through it. Take care and wishing you well.

Cyavca

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016 at 11:26 AM »
Blossomingspring, thank you for your kind words!!!

StillExpecting

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016 at 12:23 PM »
Cyavca,

Don't know if you will need this or not, but when I needed to start bedrest and my friends and local family heard, they all wanted to help. I was encouraged to start a website (which made me feel silly at first) so that people could easily see the days I needed help (mostly for my 15 month old) and some folks were ready to bring some meals. With two or three meals a week, my husband hardly every has to whip up anything. We supplement with simple salad or pasta type things and it's been a tremendous blessing! I couldn't do this without the help and it's made it infinitely easier for my friends to help by having a calendar they all look at.

I have lotsahelpinghands.com. There is also carecalendar.org. Both are great and helpful. Don't be afraid of letting folks know when you need help. I was encouraged when friends would say, "We want to help" and not to be afraid to ask because this is all for my baby and it's ok to look out for him. :) It can feel awkward, but it has been an encouragement in ways I didn't even expect. I've had neat conversations with folks I only occasionally see, etc.

Cyavca

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016 at 09:17 PM »
Sounds like a great idea StillExpecting, thank you for your advise. A friend and my neighbor have been helping me with the kids and I know they are happy to do it. Hubby has been doing great  with cooking meals and my mom came to stay with us to help with all the house work and also with the kids. I know I'm very blessed. I had a drs appt today and an US,  they don't see an abruption and the placenta is not previa at all now. The new thing is that they think I might have vasa previa which is veins running low on your cervix, could be fatal for the baby if the membranes rupture so I'm off for more bed rest and possibly hospital stay after 30-32 weeks ???? Oh well one day at the time and hoping for the best possible outcome. Seems like I'll be around in this forum for awhile, hoping everybody else is doing good!!!

Cyavca

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016 at 10:47 AM »
At the hospital again!!! Had a little bit of bleeding this morning and since I have Vasa PREVIA they told me to come in to get checked and monitored. I will be 25 weeks tomorrow and they say they will give me shots of steroids today just in case... sure hope the baby stays in there for awhile longer, heartbeat looks good, waiting for the perinatal dr to come do an ultrasound... this is so emotionally draining!!!

Karen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016 at 03:35 PM »
Will be praying for you and your precious baby Cyavca! I know how emotionally draining it can be not knowing what will happen next. Stay strong. Keep faith. Think positive. Keep us posted about ur ultrasound.

SFnative93

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016 at 06:50 PM »
Hi Cyavca: I am sending positive vibes to you. I know what its like to be at the hospital post bleed and the wait to see a doctor. I am still on hospital bed rest, day 55! Hang in there and keep us posted!

Cyavca

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016 at 09:11 PM »
Thank you girls. SFnative93, 55 days at the hospital wow how do you do it?  I'm trying to be very positive since the perinatal dr came over and told me I might stay here few days, weeks or the remainder of the pregnancy so it might be awhile since I'm 25 W tomorrow. On the other side I hope is long because every week my baby is still cooking the healthier she will be and that's what we all want. Anyway thanks for your support girls!!

SFnative93

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016 at 08:45 AM »
Hey There! Its tough being in the hospital, but it helps to pass the time if you have visitors, read, listen to music and take advantage of the services that your hospital offers, i.e. Mine had a knitting class as well as art projects. I find that weekdays go faster than weekends too. Let me know if you have any other questions as I am happy to help!

Hope you get a definitive answer on home vs hospital soon!