Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: New Here - Pregnant with B/B twins  (Read 1470 times)

Cyeraheck

• View Profile
New Here - Pregnant with B/B twins
« on: October 19, 2016 at 08:52 PM »
Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum but heard that it was very helpful!

Last weekend, my doctor had discovered that my cervix was .9 and I was dilated 1 cm so he sent me right to the hospital to get a cerclage put in. After the cerclage was put in, one of my culture tests came back positive which was, ureaplasma, and that was the reasoning for my cervix shortening in such a quick amount of time. I'm on strict bedrest and only has bathroom privileges until I go back to the doctors on Friday. I've been stressing out since then because I am always up and doing something, but unfortunately, I gotta keep my boys cooking for a couple more weeks! Any suggestions on what I can do to take the stress away and be less bored?! Thank you for reading!
Cyera Heck

Karen

• View Profile
Re: New Here - Pregnant with B/B twins
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016 at 10:57 PM »
I have to say bedrest is hard. Your first couple of weeks cooped up in bed will be the most difficult times. It will seem so slow but you just need to be strong. I watched a lot of netflix and vudu, read game of thrones, watch court tv in youtube, i also read old posts from different members here that is similar to me, i did adult coloring books, i also journal each day of my bedrest and reread them each week to compare how i felt the week before. I have a big calendar and mark each thursday as my weekly goal and draw an X every morning. I also made little goals...like 24 weeks, then 28, then 30, then 34...each of those goals i have a little celebration with cake and ice cream and invite a couple of friends and family.

Cyeraheck

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016 at 12:35 AM »
Thanks for the reply! I will definitely have to have my mom run out and get me some adult coloring books and a lot of movies!! My goal right now is to make it to 24 weeks. I'm currently 22w6d so I'm hoping and praying I make it to a point where the boys can survive outside of the womb. My big goal is 34 weeks!
Cyera Heck

BlossominSpring

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016 at 04:06 AM »
Hello mama and congratulations on your twins! Will be thinking of you all and keeping my fingers crossed. Bedrest is so hard, especially the first bit. Great advice from Karen on how to pass your days. Here's what I do: knitting, Skype/phone calls, sort admin, podcasts, Netflix, writing/journal, reading books and magazines, visits from friends and family. Being so confined really sucks but the outcomes can be amazing and so worth the difficult days. Keep posting as that helps too. Take care and sending you positive wishes!

StillExpecting

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016 at 03:06 PM »
Cyeraheck, Welcome!!! Congrats on your boys! I have a 15 month old and am pregnant with our second boy. They will be, Lord willing 18 months apart, and I can hardly wait to have them old enough to play with each other. What fun to have two little boys coming. May they be best of friends. :) They have a great start for it.

So sorry about your bed rest! It is hard. I remember looking at my sofa when I got home with bed rest orders and it just felt like as soon as I sat down for the first time, I was stuck living there....but....it's had some ups and downs. This forum really helps!

I also keep windows open for light. Sometimes the sliding door for air, bring the outdoors indoors! I like movies, but also books on tape when you just want to zone and listen to a good story or even close your eyes while someone reads to you. I think a lot of public libraries have audiobooks you can get online. I look at recipes on Allrecipes.com....I will have quite a few new ones to try once I'm up! I read books and write emails to folks I haven't written in a while. I brainstorm for things to get ready for the babies. A little amazon searching and price shopping. :)

XO, Rachel