Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Back again  (Read 984 times)

andi-pants

• View Profile
Back again
« on: October 21, 2016 at 03:41 PM »
Hello!

I was here a few years ago after going into PTL with my second child at 29 weeks, after 8 weeks of bedrest, I was finally allowed up, I spent weeks at 4cm dilated, 80-90% effaced, with bulging membranes. I just found out I'm pregnant with baby #3 and I'm looking for ways to prevent PTL from happening in the first place this time around :)

Karen

• View Profile
Re: Back again
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016 at 11:34 PM »
Congratulations with baby #3 Andi-pants! Not sure if saying "welcome back" would be appropriate since im sure u are not wanting to be in bedrest if u can avoid it. But i just want to say that i have read your postings while bedresting and it has inspired me to keep strong.

andi-pants

• View Profile
Re: Back again
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016 at 10:09 AM »
Glad I was helpful :)

I am already having a bit of an eventful pregnancy, 8 days ago I was admitted for severe right sided pelvic pain with a slight fever and signs of volume loss (low bp, high heart rate, cold hands/feet). I was admitted immediately for suspected ruptured ectopic (they originally thought appendix but I had mine out when I was 3 so that isn't possible). I was kept overnight for observation and tests, after a bunch of ultrasounds and bloodwork I was found to have what appeared to be a ruptured hemorrhagic ovarian cyst on that side and TWO sacs in my uterus (one measuring on track one measuring behind and not likely to be viable). My options were to remove the ovary immediately and risk the pregnancy or try to wait so I could keep my ovary and if the bleeding stopped and risk the pregnancy. I decided to wait and, thankfully, the bleeding stopped on its own and I didn't lose too much blood so I did not require a transfusion (just have to take iron pills along with my regular prenatal until the doctor tells me otherwise).

I have another ultrasound on Wednesday of this week to check the viability of the babies, already preparing myself for the loss of the smaller twin, just hoping for one healthy baby with a good heartbeat, anything else is icing on the cake, really. I will also have my first cervical length scan at the same time and will be monitored every 2 weeks for changes in my cervix. It is going to be a very long 8 months!