Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for Oct. 24  (Read 5079 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for Oct. 24
« on: October 24, 2016 at 10:10 AM »
Today I want to share some wisdom from my late grandma (not that she was ever late for anything!):

Don't meet trouble halfway.
Let it travel the full distance.
Something usually happens to it before it arrives.

Anxiety and worry seem to be such a common part of bedrest. There's just too much time to think about all that could go wrong! Try not to get trapped in that kind of thinking. Focus on what is going right, and feel confident knowing you are doing all you can to keep your baby (or babies) safe.

Let us know how many weeks you are, and what you plan to do this week to keep your thoughts positive and your mind occupied. Also, there will be no Live Chat tomorrow, but it will return the following Tuesday.

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!
Angela

P.S. Do you love this forum? I personally spend $2365.00 each year to keep it going. Please Go Fund Me: www.gofundme.com/dtqh9x2c

Annelise.nv

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for Oct. 24
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016 at 11:13 AM »
Good morning! I'm 32 weeks 6 days, on hospital bed rest since 28 weeks for preterm labor. I was 3 cm dilated when I arrived and recently progressed to 5-6 cm 90% effaced.  My back has really been hurting, so my plan for this week is to do my PT exercises more frequently to hopefully help with this. Hoping to stay pregnant for at least another week.  I'll be taken off procardia next week.

andi-pants

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016 at 11:21 AM »
It's been almost 4 years since I was here last and in that time I often thought of your grandmother's pearls of wisdom :) She seems like she was a very smart lady! <3

I am really struggling with the anxiety right now. My first child was born at 39 weeks healthy and happy, no pregnancy complications. With my second, I went into preterm labor at 29 weeks (and several more times after that) and had to spend a lot of time at the big hospital 3 hours away from my home in rural Nova Scotia. I spent weeks at 4cm dilated and 80-90% effaced with bulging membranes, but he was ultimately born at 39+4 healthy and screaming (although we barely made it to the hospital, once he decided it was "go time" that was it!).

I am here again because I am now considered high risk for PTL in this pregnancy (due to my history last pregnancy). I will be 6 weeks on Wednesday and already this little bean is causing a ruckus! A little over a week ago I was suffering severe right sided pelvic pain. I went to the ER and was admitted immediately for a suspected ruptured ectopic pregnancy (the pain combined with my high heartrate, low blood pressure, and slight fever kind of sent everyone into panic mode). After many blood tests and ultrasounds it was determined that I had what appeared to be a ruptured hemorrhagic ovarian cyst on the right side. I lost a fair amount of blood but not enough to need transfusion, thankfully. They gave me the option of doing surgery to remove the ovary immediately or watching and waiting, I chose the latter because they thought it would be a lower risk to the pregnancy. So far so good, I have been home since last week, the pain is almost 100% resolved. I have an ultrasound this Wednesday to check baby's viability and to make 100% sure that baby is in the uterus where he or she belongs. We are expecting everything to look good as my HCG levels have been doubling appropriately, but only time will tell.

I am so happy this resource is here, I look forward to getting to know everyone again, and I am wishing you all a happy, healthy, and BORING 9 months of pregnancy (I mean boring in the best way possible, I learned last time that any extra pregnancy related excitement tends to be bad/nervous/stress excitement due to PTL scares, NICU tours, at the like, so I hope y'all stay as bored as possible and only have good excitement!) :)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016 at 11:29 AM by andi-pants »

MommaV

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016 at 11:23 AM »
Hey Momma's. Made it to 34+2 after over 3 weeks of strict bedrest. I'm super happy to have made it this far and I'm only 12 days away from reaching 36 weeks! Saw my doctor last week and she said this week I can slowly start increasing my activity level. I'm going to go over to a friend's place for coffee this week, which I'm really looking forward to!

I'm still crocheting up a storm and I've made a baby blanket, plus about 10 washcloths, which I've been giving to friends when they come for a visit or bring me a casserole! I've watched about as much Netflix as I can handle for the time being. I would recommend the good wife and homeland. I'm going to start finishing up some scrapbooking projects that have been sitting around for awhile.

How is everyone doing?? What are you finding is a good dinner to prepare that requires less than 5 mins of standing??

V

msjlow12

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016 at 11:41 AM »
Hey mama's,  I'm 28.6 today and came home on Friday after being on hospital bedrest for 7 weeks.  I am excited to behome. I missed my family. The only tthing I kind of miss about the hospital is the hot meals. At home I'm by myself for about 6 hours through the week, so my husband packs snacks, fruits, salads and sandwich with a cooler, so I dont have to walk to the kitchen.  But on a good note my sugars have been good, lower than the hospital numbers. (: My sleep has been amazing with no interruptions. What keeps me positive and uplifted is my faith in God. I always remember he will never leave me nor forsake, and when something happens,  like the dx og gestational diabetes I just say this too shall pass. I f/u with the MFM at 32 weeks so hopefully then I will be able to move, walk a little more. God bless all of you here, keep the faith and keep them babies cookin!

Karen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016 at 11:41 AM »
Hi all! I am currently 34.4 weeks today 1 week before my ultimate goal of 36 weeks. I am no longer on bedrest but still taking it easy. I was on strict hospital bedrest for 2 months and modified bedrest at home for 1 month for cervical insufficiency. I finally graduated at 34 weeks to be exact. I am here to say bedrest does work wonders! Although my MFM said he does not believe in it but it got me this far! I was funneling down to my cerclage at 22 weeks with small bulging membrane. Bedrest was very hard in the beginning specially being alone in the hospital. I made it throuh by reading positive outcomes from this forum, praying, meditation, and hypnosis through youtube.

Stay positive mommas and keep faith.

msjlow12

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016 at 11:45 AM »
I forgot to mention, THANK YOU Angela so much for this site. I will definitely donate soon as my funds get back stable, one thing about bed rest, one individual is working while the other only gets a percentage of their pay. But its all good, I won't complain.  But I give you my WORD you will get a donation from me (:

jmomma

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016 at 03:38 PM »
Hi ladies! I'm 26+1 today and so thankful to have made it this far! I don't have much to report, as I'm not needing to be seen by the high risk OB anymore at this point. I'm still not exercising or doing any strenuous activity, but I have been doing more than I had been earlier in my pregnancy because I have felt good. If I feel like I've done too much, I just lay down and take it easy. I have my one-hour glucose test this Thursday. I'm a little worried about it because I failed the 1-hour with my daughter, but did pass the 3-hour. I also have a routine appointment that day, so I'll see how things are going, although I don't think I'll get a cervical check.

Glad to hear so many of you are doing so well!

StillExpecting

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016 at 03:40 PM »
Wow, someone said keep it boring. :) I like that. It's mostly boring here. Karen, I really like your Grandmother's wisdom. Reminds me of another one, "don't worry about tomorrow, today has enough troubles of its own". I was reminded by someone that Jesus taught us to pray for our DAILY needs...I worry waaaay too much about next week and the next and ....

My bummer news is I have GD!!! I was shocked, just shocked! I talked to my doctor, who was shocked too, and he thought that the extra progesterone and bed rest in combination with a starchier diet probably did it. I usually don't eat so much bread, pasta and rice, but other people have been helping with food, so....Very grateful, but definitely need to make my own adjustments now. I've pretty much stopped eating grains. I'm hoping that my sugars will improve. I have been waiting a week to see a nurse to learn how to check my sugars. I'm hopeful with my diet change maybe I won't need insulin. Pretty please! We'll see!

I'm scheduled to get an ultrasound today (tomorrow is 31 weeks!!!). They want to check the baby's size and I think get a glimpse of my cervical length, which I'm very curious to know. I have no idea if it's stable or changing since I started bed rest about 5 weeks ago. My doc doesn't want to touch anything (thank you!) so as not to irritate it. Putting in the suppositories is slightly irritating. I just feel this uterus awareness for about 5 minutes that I could do without. Strange!

Karen- You are doing so well! Good job keeping the faith and plugging along. I'm sure your little baby is a happy swimmer. :)

Msjlow12 - Yay! What progress! Yes, faith in God is what gives me hope. I can only do so much myself, it reminds me to rely on Him! My husband stayed home from church Sunday to be with me and we listened to a message on Psalm 139 and it talked about how well God knows us and how much He thinks about us even when no one else knew us. It was so sweet and encouraging. I thought you might like it.

http://www.cornerstonebible.org/audio/10-09-16-A-Love-That-Wont-Let-Us-Go-Milton-Vincent.mp3

That's part two, but is great on it's own, even if you don't hear the intro. Enjoy!

MommaV- How exciting!!! Hope the coffee and sharing time with your friend are great!! It is hard to do quick prep. I sometimes do a quick salad. I dump cherry tomatos on lettuce with cheese and dressing. I also like canned salmon/chicken/etc on crackers. Rotisserie chicken occasionally, put into flour/corn tortillas or on a salad. Also, I've cooked multiple eggs hard boiled and put them on salad for some protein.

Andy-pants- Sorry you are having a rough time! I had a normal, regular easy first baby, too. These second babies are making sure they count, huh? I am praying your ultrasound brings you really good news! So sorry about the ovary issues. That sounds very ouchy! Hope you are able to take it easy and be relaxed as you wait. I know that is sooo hard!

Anneliese- You are sooo almost there!!! How exciting! Hang in there. You're on the home stretch. :)

BlossominSpring

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016 at 03:45 PM »
Hi Ladies, good to hear from you all and wishing you and your babies a peaceful week ahead. I'm now 31+4 weeks pregnant and have been on home bedrest for nearly 14 weeks following a cerclage for short cervix and irritable uterus. I'm just dreaming now of making it to 35/36 weeks and putting this tough time behind me. I have a hospital appointment tomorrow to measure baby and chat with my consultant about removing the stitch at 36 weeks. Fingers crossed all will be well.

This week I'm looking forward to Halloween as we're having a party for my little boy (my first bedrest baby!) and his friends. He's nearly three. I'm going to be sitting on the sofa dressed as a pumpkin! Other than that I'm just resting up, knitting and having friends and family to visit. Anything to make the days go quicker!

msJlow12 - you made it home - yay!

MommaV - lovely to hear about your crochet. I like to knit and it's so good for passing the time whilst you listen to the radio or audiobooks. I've just started a baby blanket too, using up all my old wool oddments. For a super quick lunch I like avocado on toast, soup or fruit and yoghurt. Enjoy your coffee-date too!

Andi-pants, welcome and hoping all will be well at your appointment on Wednesday. Rural Nova Scotia - how beautiful! I'm from England but we took a road trip in Nova Scotia and PEI a few years ago and just fell in love with it.

Karen, you're doing amazingly well! Does it feel lovely to be off bedrest?

Annelise, good luck and keeping you and baby in my thoughts. You've reached a good milestone at 32/33 weeks so every day is just a great bonus now.

Stillexpecting, sorry to hear about your GD and hope you can get things settled with diet. Good luck for your scan and enjoy a peep at baby! Your positivity is so lovely and infectious!  :)

Take care everyone and sending you positive wishes across the miles.

andi-pants

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016 at 04:20 PM »
BlossominSpring, did you by chance stop by Sherbrooke Village? If so, we own the farm across the river, just passed the hospital :)

and StillExpecting, this is baby #3 for us :) Baby #2 was my first wee trouble maker and it looks like his little brother or sister to be is going to follow in his/her big brother's footsteps as opposed to big sister's footsteps (she has always been my laid-back easy going most non-trouble maker ever! Never talks back, gets straight As in school, does well in her extracurriculars, etc, my second is more of my wildcard)! LOL

Simone546

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2016 at 06:00 PM »
Hi ladies,  room for a newbie? I'm 21+3 with twins after many years of infertility and ivf. Been on semi  (modified?) Bedrest since last thursday's awful ultrasound. Diligently doing my progesterone pessaries. Feel so daunted by how far we have to go and tbh I'm really scared. 24 weeks is my current target. I'm in the uk and basically got told they wont do anything for me or the babies until we reach that point.

Pearls of wisdom much appreciated xxx

SFnative93

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2016 at 09:47 PM »
Hi Everyone!

I am still on hospital bedrest--going on 8 weeks + now. I am 29w3d now with my all boy triplets. Their kicks seem stronger, so I hope it means they are getting bigger :)

I am looking forward to my next ultrasound and hopefully hearing from the care team soon about a delivery date. They are really pleased with how far I have come so it seems like they are trying to be push the envelope about dates. With the placenta previa and unknown of when I might bleed next, I am hoping we can get to a reasonable time as I much rather have a planned c section vs an urgent c section.

Positive vibes to all of the moms out there~please send your prayers, positive thoughts for no more bleeds for me- I've endured 12 of them so far :/

Karen

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2016 at 12:16 AM »
SFnative: way to go on making it to 29 weeks with TRIPLETS!! That is so awesome! 30's is just around the corner for you. I will be praying and crossing my fingers that you will not have anymore bleding episodes. Hang in there! You truly are an inspiration to a lot of women here! You even inspire me even though i am only carrying a singleton and already off bedrest!!! Stay strong.

Cyavca

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2016 at 12:39 AM »
Hi all, I'm 25 W 1D pregnant today, on bed rest for VASA PREVIA, 3 weeks at home and now Bed rest at the hospital, just got confirmation today that I will stay here for the reminder of the pregnancy which hopefully be 10 weeks, so my baby can grow as much as possible. Glad to be on this forum sharing this journey with all of you. Healthy vibes for everybody !!!