Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for Oct. 24  (Read 5077 times)

Complicatedmama

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for Oct. 24
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2016 at 10:29 AM »
Good morning,
I'm new to the group and I'm so happy I could find other mom's that understand what I'm going through. I'm 27 weeks with a short cervix and funneling. I do have bathroom and shower privileges. It's crazy that I look forward to my doctors appointments since that's the only time I can get out of the house.

andi-pants

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2016 at 11:58 AM »
Doctor's appointments used to be the highlight of my week because I got to leave the house!!!! LOL Hoping I don't have to go down that road again this pregnancy, but I'll just have to wait and see.

StillExpecting

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2016 at 04:49 PM »
SF Native - Wow!!! I am so excited for you to be over 29 weeks! :) I cannot imagine what it must feel like to have three boys in your tummy!!! My little (single!) guy is head down and recently started pushing his feet up toward my lungs. :) Interesting! Keep us posted. Praying for smooth sailing until your delivery.

Andi-pants - I hear you! My husband and I have begun to treat OB appointments as our "date". : ) Sad I guess, but there is a silver lining, right?

Complicatedmama- Welcome! You will love it here. That's so great that you're at 27 weeks. I'm similar to you, short cervix, etc. I feel like the days are long, but the weeks are ticking by quickly, somehow!

Cyavca - I'm glad to hear you will have the comfort of being monitored closely, but I'm sure it's hard too to be away from home in a hospital setting. Hope you have lots of nice things to look at and keep you occupied. Hang in there. :)

Karen- How is it off bedrest? I confess, I'm nervous about feeling breathless and noodle like....I'm sure my muscles are quietly wasting away! :)

Simone546 - Welcome! Congrats on your twins! I always wanted twins, although now that I'll have two, I'm not sure two more concurrently would be a good idea...but you never know! Praying for you. I know those early weeks are very nerve-wracking! There are some ladies here though, who have done it and beat the odds! Keeping stress levels down is hard, but can help. :) Good music, good stories, good books...keep yourself occupied. :)

Blossominspring- I envy your knitting skills, girl! How fun. I learned how years ago...I never got good enough doing even pearl/knits to actually make a pattern. My sister made the CUTEST baby booties, sweater, blankets, etc. :) So fun. I did want to pick your brain since this is not your first bed rest baby. I have been thinking about how many of our friends and family are helping out and they are great, but I know it's a lot. I'd like to have more kids after this, but my husband and I are wondering "what if this happened again". I don't know how our community would handle it... I guess it's sort of a sensitive topic. On one hand, it's one's own family, on the other hand, it is affecting everyone we know that I'm on bed rest. Just wondering if you could share any of your thoughts on having multiple bed rest babies. I don't want to over think it since I don't even know if it would happen again, but was there anything you guys did to prepare for the possibility that was helpful? Thanks!

BlossominSpring

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2016 at 02:26 PM »
Hi Stillexpecting, it was quite a hard decision to try for a second baby after the scary time we had with my little boy as we were afraid we wouldn't be able to have such a positive outcome again. For a long time I thought he'd be my only one. So we waited until he was a little more independent and then agreed to just leave it to fate and were really delighted when we found out we were expecting. I felt a bit nervous to tell our family and friends but they were really happy and as they love our son to bits they could see that their support and care had helped to bring him into the world safely. So they have been brilliant and rallied round with help and practical support and I have also promised this will be our last baby!! But it's tough and scary going through it again and we just made sure we had good medical care from the very beginning and helpful things like daycare for our son and our finances sorted so I could take a break from work. I also saw a counsellor after my first bedrest as I found the whole experience pretty traumatic and needed to find some peace with that before I could go through it all again.

Hope that helps, lovely. Take care x

StillExpecting

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2016 at 04:29 PM »
Blossominspring - Thank you so much for sharing!!! That is really helpful! I appreciate how much preparation you did before hand and that seems like a very good thing. It's funny how I just didn't consider that practical preparation something that you can do before having a baby.  :P This time, the bed rest took me by complete surprise - no history- but I like how you took some really practical precautions to prepare for the time, should you need it. Truly, thank you very much. That is really encouraging!!! God bless you and yours!

Karen

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2016 at 01:49 PM »
Update: my OB appt yesterday went well. When doc checked me manually, i was already 2cm dilated and 100% effaced. I am scheduled to be induce Nov 7th and will take my cerclage out that same day. I will be 36.4 weeks at that time. My MFM thinks i should ride it out and not get induced...idk what i want! If im already dilated, i dont want to wait around and tear my cervix from the stitch if i go into labor before it gets taken out. And i also live 45 minutes away from the hospital! My last pregnancy i went into labor at 20 weeks and didnt even make it to the hospital im supposed to go to! I ended up in our local hospital that did not specialized in PTL!

Cyavca

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2016 at 07:45 PM »
Hey Karen yay for the good news, happy you are doing so well. I agree with you that it feels safer to do as planned and make sure everything goes as you wish, is your decision!
Has any of you broke down crying in front of the nurses at the hospital before? I'm at the hospital on bed rest and just did that after my husband was too tired to bring my kids to see me today(we live 25 min away) I'm calm now and I understand he can't be here everyday so now I feel so embarrassed I was crying like a little girl in front of the nurse who was kind enough to say she understands lol I swear I have done pretty good, been here for a week and I have lots more to go but it got to me today for sure ????

StillExpecting

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2016 at 10:11 PM »
Cyavca - Sorry! Sometimes emotions and hormones are just overwhelming all at once! I didn't cry in front of a nurse, but I had someone at my house from our church. She heard our situation and came over to help with my little guy since I'm on bed rest at home. I got off the phone from hearing I have gestational diabetes, and I broke down crying in front of her. She was very patient, reminding me it's not forever. I felt like a bit of a baby, but that one moment, the flood gates suddenly opened!

Karen, Sorry your situation is so tricky! I wouldn't know quite what to do either....so they can't remove the stitch, then let you wait until you go into labor on your own? (Sorry, I've never had a circlage so I'm not sure how involved the placement or removal is....probably a silly question!) ;) Hope you and your husband have peace for the way you should pursue with good medical support.