Stay Social. Stay Sane.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Author Topic: 23 weeks 2cm dilated no contractions bulging membranes  (Read 930 times)

preettyrebel

• View Profile
23 weeks 2cm dilated no contractions bulging membranes
« on: October 26, 2016 at 09:52 AM »
Good day,

Anyone experience this I was advised that I could have a cartleage done but it can come with risk or just sit tight and hope my water doesn't break in so nervous and don't know what to do.

Cswain

• View Profile
Re: 23 weeks 2cm dilated no contractions bulging membranes
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017 at 10:14 PM »
I realize this is an older post but in case this applies to anyone,  here is a little bit of my similar situation.

I was 19.5 weeks when we realized my cervix was short and I had slight funneling. Went on progesterone and waited. I was being monitored every week then went to biweekly. My cervix went back to measuring 3 cm. Two weeks later my cervix was down again and a last minute cerclage was recommended at 24.4 days. During the cerclage, much to our surprise,  my bag was bulging and actually slipping through my cervix. I was dilated at 2cm which had somehow went unnoticed. Apparently while tilting me back for the cerclage, my bag retracted back into place and my doctor successfully stitched my cervix up. My doctor said the funneling had come back together as well. I was terrified of having a cerclage this late into pregnancy. I truly believe had I not had the cerclage I could have delivered my son before now. I am 25 weeks today. Everything seems to be going well so far.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017 at 04:05 AM by Cswain »

wylee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017 at 12:52 PM »
Hello Cswain,

I had a similar situation. I had bulging membranes at 20 weeks and the sac had slipped some through my cervix. I had an emergency cerclage put in.  I'm now 22 weeks +3 and on bedrest.  I'm just praying to get to 26 weeks. Hope you are well.

Cswain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017 at 04:20 PM »
Hello Wylee,
I am still hanging in here! 25 weeks 3days. This all started at 19.5 and 25 weeks seemed so far away. I am looking forward to hitting that 28 week mark! 
I'm glad to hear you are fast approaching 23 weeks. Everyday makes a difference.  Keep up the bedrest and good luck! 

wylee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017 at 09:11 PM »
Thank you Cswain. I'm glad we're both keeping these babies cooking.  When I was at 20 weeks right after the emergency cerclage, I was so scared I wasn't going to make it a week, but here I am 3 weeks later. I'm still praying for at least 26 weeks, but of course want to get further. I'm just trying to take it day by day. Good luck to us!!!

Cswain

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017 at 02:53 AM »
For anyone who is wondering or having a similar situation, I am still here. My stitch is holding strong. I am even doing things around the house again  and building my relationship back up with my toddler, which has been the hardest part of bedrest.
When this all started at 19.5 weeks, 36 weeks felt like an eternity away. But I am almost there now and couldn't be happier!  Good luck ladies, stay positive and believe that everything is going to work out.

wylee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017 at 09:17 AM »
I'm so happy for you Cswain!! Are you on modified bedrest, and what did the doctor say was allowed? When do they plan to remove the stitches? I'm glad to see you doing so well.