Stay Social. Stay Sane.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Author Topic: Bartholin abscess ouch ????  (Read 620 times)

Complicatedmama

• View Profile
Bartholin abscess ouch ????
« on: October 28, 2016 at 12:55 AM »
Hey mama's,
I am catching hell with this pregnancy first a short cervix, then I start dilating, test positive that I may deliver with in the next 2 weeks and now I have a bartholin abscess and I'm in so much pain I'm fighting back tears right now. I have never had one of these before but I swear I wouldn't wish this pain on my worst enemy. My ob doesn't want to drain it she gave antibiotics and told me to do sitz baths with epsom salt and to keep a warm compress on it. I'm at my wits end.

carida80

• View Profile
Re: Bartholin abscess ouch ????
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016 at 10:12 AM »
I am so sorry that you going through this.  I have run a gambit of complications over 6 pregnancies.  What you are going through is not one that I have had. So, I don't have advice, just empathy. Being pregnant, in pain, hormonal and scared.  Even though you know in your head it's short term, the pain makes it hell.
You are doing a great job.  Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in and take the pain away. Love and hugs from another complicated mama

Complicatedmama

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016 at 12:55 PM »
Thank you. My ob is sending me back to the hospital to see how we can fix this I can't put my progesterone in and that's a problem because that's what's keeping me pregnant.  I hope all is well for you

Simone546

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016 at 02:22 PM »
Hiya,

I'm sorry you have this... I have a 3cm gartner duct cyst that appeared in my vagina at 10 weeks. It's miserable! They refuse to take it out until 6 weeks after I give birth.

There's not a lot you can do for these things during pregnancy as the risks from infection etc are too great. Chin up... we can do this.

Xxx

Complicatedmama

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016 at 03:46 PM »
Omg how do you make it?  I'm at the hospital now (docs orders) they are going to drain it :'(  they said it will hurt a bit but I'll feel better after.

Simone546

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016 at 05:49 PM »
Oh hope it makes you feel better! I think because bartholian cysts are kind of on the outside it's easier to drain... especially if yours is infected...sounds painful!!! Mine doesn't really hurt... just discomfort.I can feel it constantly as it pokes through the canal wall. When they first found it I totally freaked out thinking it was something awful.... so scary. Last thing you want to have when you're pregnant! So so unlucky. Hope you feel better soon. Xxx

Complicatedmama

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016 at 03:49 PM »
Yes I feel much much better now. They said it was small compared to what they usually see. But it hurt like hell while the drained it. I swear I screamed loud enough for everyone to hear. But today I feel a million times better.

I hope yours will feel better once the baby is born until they can take it out

carida80

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2016 at 09:35 AM »
I am so glad to hear that they were able to do something and that you are feeling better.  Keep up the good work of growing your baby for as long as possible every day makes a difference

Complicatedmama

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2016 at 06:23 PM »
Thank you sweetheart me too. And yes I'm excited because tomorrow I will hit 28 weeks. They didn't think I would make this long but here we are.

carida80

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2016 at 12:41 PM »
So glad you are at 28 weeks, so am I.  There is such sense of relief.  Every day and week past the magic 28 week mark is such a bonus.

Complicatedmama

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2016 at 12:43 PM »
Yes and congratulations to you as well. Keep that baby in mama we can do this