Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for October 31, 2016  (Read 4242 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for October 31, 2016
« on: October 31, 2016 at 08:08 AM »
Happy Halloween! Is anyone dressing up or celebrating in any way today? Post a picture on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/KeepEmCookin/

For women experiencing a high-risk pregnancy, and particularly those on bedrest, you're so focused on NOT delivering your baby that you may not think much about delivery. I wanted to share this quote on the power of giving birth, and to reassure you that you will be ready whenever the time comes!

“Birth is an opportunity to transcend. To rise above what we are accustomed to, reach deeper inside ourselves than we are familiar with, and to see not only what we are truly made of, but the strength we can access in and through birth.” – author Marcie Macari

I hope to see ALL of you in the Chat Room tomorrow at 2 pm Eastern. Keep 'em cookin', mamas!

Live chat:
Tuesdays at 2! Join us every Tuesday at 2 pm Eastern time/11 am Pacific time for a live chat with other bedrest moms: http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/
Keep this forum going: www.gofundme.com/dtqh9x2c

VancouverMama

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for October 31, 2016
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016 at 10:32 AM »
Hi all! New to this forum.

Last week I was in the hospital for a bleeding placenta previa at 31 1/2 weeks. Now I'm home on limited activity, which is rough with an active 1 year old. Thankfully, he's in daycare everyday and my husband helps out before and after, so I don't have to lift anything.

The hardest part for me is feeling like a ticking time bomb, knowing that another bleed is likely at some point. Every time I bend over or reach for something, I wonder, "is this the thing that's going to trigger another bleed and but me back in the hospital."

I try to be a pretty optimistic person, but this situation takes its toll. I'm much happier since returning home. At least here I can help a little with cooking and getting things ready for the day as well as see my son more. I dread the thought of having to return to the hospital until I deliver. I was working 4 days/week previously, but I doubt I'll go back before I deliver. I've already handed my projects off and the longest I would return for is until Thanksgiving, and it just doesn't seem worth the hassle for an unknown amount of time.

My heart goes out to the mamas dealing with complications earlier in their pregnancies. You all are amazing!

~VancouverMama

carida80

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016 at 11:38 AM »
Carida80, still here and hanging on.  Preeclampsia is a scary monster but my body is handling it well.  My BP Spikes are not often.  We will see how long we can hold out.  I am 28 weeks now and see every week after this as a bonus since I came in at 25 weeks. 
I hope everyone is well and has some fun today.

Karen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016 at 11:51 AM »
Hi all! Will be 36 weeks this thursday. Came off bedrest already since 34 weeks. I am still cookn my son but will be induced next monday due to GD and being 2cm dilated 100% effaced already. Cerclage will be taken out on the same day. I am so excited to finally meet him.

I will not be dressing up this holloween. I am just so uncomfortable lately. I will be giving out candies but i doubt there will be a lot of kids since it is a monday.

Cyavca

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016 at 12:03 PM »
Hi girls, hope everyone is doing ok. Karen 36weeks yay!!!

I'm 26W1D today, still on bed rest at the hospital basically until delivery. I had an ultrasound this morning and the VASA PREVIA still there not moving and the Blood vessel seems pretty major, its also too close to the previous c/section scar which means they will have to be extremely careful when doing the new c/section cut as they could cut the vein  :o doctor told me to take it even more easy  as in don't walk or sit very much at all..... hoping for the next 9 weeks to go fast!!!!

jmomma

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016 at 01:41 PM »
27+1 today! I've been feeling really good lately and while still not exercising or doing anything too strenuous, I'm pretty much going about life as normal again, unless I don't feel good. Oddly, I feel less heaviness and pressure these days, and the baby seems to be moving around higher up in my abdomen, so I'm not sure if he/she has  moved or what. I am still taking the progesterone, and I'm sure that's helping. I know I'm not out of the woods yet at all, but I'm feeling more and more positive.

I passed my glucose test, so I don't have GD, which I'm very excited about.

I'm going to try to dress up as a bear later when I take my daughter out with some friends. She is going to be a fox  :)

msjlow12

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016 at 03:12 PM »
Hey mama's,  29.6 today. I'm not dressing up for Halloween, but my 11 year old will pass out candy. All is well here. I've walk to the kitchen a few times, only when I really needed something. Other than that I'm still on bedrest. Stillexpecting,  thank you for the sermon last week (:. Karen thats awesome you'll meet your little man any day now. To all us other mom's keep cooking that baby sounds like most of us are past 24 weeks and that's great. May God continue to be with us all, God bless (:

StillExpecting

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2016 at 09:43 PM »
Hey Ladies!!!

So I'm 32 weeks tomorrow! So happy for that. I'm kind of wondering if I really will have five more weeks of bed rest before baby comes. I need to ask my OB about that! :)

We had an abdominal US and they said the baby size was "ok" on the phone, but the US actually moved my due date a week and a half later....I need to ask about that, too! The good news was my cervix had not shortened. Yay!

I'm wrestling with newly diagnosed GD. Getting better at sticking my fingers for the blood test and praying when they check my numbers that I am ok with just diet modification. They have me on a strict plan, eating 6 times a day with specified units of this and that, etc. Quite a learning curve. Ah, I'm imagining folks who have to do this all the time - thankful this should end when the baby comes. :)

MSJLOW 12- Glad you liked the sermon! :) Good for you being so diligent on the bed rest!!! It is really hard. I bet more so with an older kiddo who is busy out and about! God bless you, sis!

JMOMMA- 28 Coming up!!! I felt so good when I hit 28. So glad to hear your GD free, too! Have a chocolate...or two! for us all. :) The costume idea sounds adorable! I love the fox motifs :)

CYAVCA- You are such a trooper! I'm so sorry for this touchy time for you. I'm sure that can be very nerve wracking. I hope you find lots to keep your mind occupied and the rest of you relaxed and easy just letting that baby grow! You really are amazing coming this far! Keep us posted. :)

Carida80 - Hope you had some fun today, too! Thanks. :) Hope those BPs continue to behave.

VancouverMama-  I have always wanted to see Vancouver...it's on the bucket list! Welcome and congrats on your baby. :) It does feel good to be over 30 weeks, huh? I do encourage you to take it as easy as possible, including not working, if you can. The next weeks those little babes will get more body fat and more adept and breathing and sucking and swallowing. Don't feel guilty for doing what you need to do for now.

Karen - So excited for you! You're in view of the finish line and sounds like everything is about ready to go. That is great! May your labor be truly smooth and a wonderful experience as you end this phase and enter the new one with your little boy! Keep us posted. :)

Complicatedmama

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016 at 12:30 AM »
28 weeks yay finally made it to the 3rd trimester. I'm so happy to all of you still holding on. I'm feeling great and I'm hoping I'll make it to my baby shower on Sunday where I'll be sitting down the entire party. But it will take my mind off of the constant worry that I will deliver this baby early.

Simone546

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016 at 06:53 AM »
Hi!

Another week down!  ;D

22 weeks 4 days today..

Follow-up with high risk consultant on Thursday after my cervix scan last Thursday where I had a stable cervix at 22mm. Lots of braxton hicks contractions which are testing my sanity but they don't hurt and are very irregular... although fairly frequent... google says this is fairly normal for twins though.

Have a good week everyone. xxx

MommaV

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2016 at 01:06 PM »
Hey there Momma's, glad to see all of you are still pregnant and staying positive!! I'm 35+2 today and finally my goal of 36 weeks is just days away. I'm off strict bedrest now and just on activity restrictions, which will be lifted at 36 weeks! Still taking the progesterone, I will find out when I stop that when I see my OB tomorrow.

I've got everything ready for baby and I'm super excited to meet him/ her( we kept gender a surprise).

Take care,
V

andi-pants

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2016 at 01:25 PM »
Hello everyone! I am 7 weeks tomorrow, so far so good. I'll have another ultrasound at 12 weeks, then one at 16 to get a baseline for my cervical length and then the 20 week ultrasound. If my cervix is holding up well we won't do another cervical length scan for 4 weeks after the 20 week scan, but if there is evidence of shortening we'll have to change the plan.

Glad to see everyone is doing well! Thinking of all of you and wishing everyone a happy and healthy pregnancy <3

Karen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2016 at 07:16 PM »
Update: 36 weeks today. MFM did growth u/s and baby is behind 3 weeks. I am admitted in the hospital again today and will be induced monday.

BlossominSpring

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2016 at 05:41 AM »
Karen, thinking of you and baby and wishing you a safe journey over the next week. You've been so brave, lovely, and now your little person will be with you for a snuggle soon. Take care and sending you all good wishes x