Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for November 7, 2016  (Read 5755 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for November 7, 2016
« on: November 07, 2016 at 10:08 AM »
“I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.”
-- Margaret Thatcher[/color]

And you will get your own way, ladies! One day at a time...   ;) As always, let us know how you're doing!

I hope to see ALL of you in the Chat Room tomorrow at 2 pm Eastern. Keep 'em cookin', mamas!

Live chat: Join us every Tuesday at 2 pm Eastern time/11 am Pacific time for a live chat with other bedrest moms: http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/
Keep this forum going: www.gofundme.com/dtqh9x2c

Annelise.nv

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for November 7, 2016
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016 at 10:36 AM »
Still baking! 34 + 6, still 6 cm dilated, still on hospital bedrest (6 weeks last Friday). Feeling good this morning, although anxiety was tough last week as our daughter has to have intestinal surgery within a couple days of birth. But, each day I stay pregnant gives her a better chance with the surgery! Trying to visualize our happy ending.

Cyavca

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016 at 11:08 AM »
Hi all, hope everybody is doing well. Annelise, knowing your baby will need surgery almost right after she is born must be very frightening, I'm just glad doctors are able to do so much for our little ones and I wish you the best outcome for the little one. We will be thinking of you guys.

Today I am 27W 1D, had my weekly US this morning, baby is measuring right on target which means she is getting all the nutrients she needs and she now weights an approx of 2lb 5oz. My vasa previa still looks the same as well as the Velamentous cord insertion so the hospital will be my home for awhile still (didn't really expected that to change). 2W1D at the hospital now, hard to do but keep thinking is the best for my baby so I have to keep going one day at the time hopefully baby stays like this and growing for another 7-8 weeks at least!!

Simone546

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016 at 11:21 AM »
Hi everyone

23+3 and a TVU last week shows my cervix has shot up to 3.0cm  :)  Doctor reckons it's the progesterone.... I reckon it's the bedrest! Taking it easy but have stopped being quite so strict... although obviously not working... and lounging around on the sofa.

xxx

msjlow12

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016 at 11:24 AM »
Hey Ladies, I'll be 31 weeks tomorrow. All is well I had a few contractions on Saturday most of the day, but none that were more than 4 or 6 an hour. I read Braxton hicks are more frequent at this time. They weren't painful if so I would have went in. I have a appointment next week with MFM, it would be good to see babies weight and cervix measurement
.Annelise, may God continue to keep you and your little one.  Cyavca, your moving right along, i know the hospital can be rough especially when there is family at home waiting for you. But look on the bright side its only temporary. I did 7 weeks there and by the 5th I was like, ok time for a change of scenery. But I just kept saying this too shall pass. Well ladies God bless you all on this great journey!  (:

andi-pants

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016 at 11:46 AM »
Still cooking here, I'll be 8 weeks on Wednesday. I just had a bunch of bloodwork done to check my hormones, blood count, etc to make sure everything is going well and that my hemoglobin and such are rebounding after the bleed. I'm trying to take things easy until my care is transferred to the high risk team. Still hoping for no PTL this time around, trying to stay positive. In addition to taking my regular prenatal, and my iron pills, I've also started taking a prenatal DHA and EPA supplement, my OB suggested it to me saying there is early research showing that it reduces the risk of a host of pregnancy complications including PTL :D Anything to lower that risk as much as I can!

Glad everyone is doing well this week! Sending everyone positive thoughts for happy, healthy, FULL TERM deliveries :)

Farmerswife

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016 at 12:05 PM »
Still cooking here! 33+2, so making progress! Having some days that are worse than others, but the better days are outdoing the bad :) Not on strict bedrest, but modified. Can stand for short periods but no lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, etc. Mostly just simple ADLs and house/couch arrest :) Still not allowed to work. I don't think my body would stand up to it without throwing contracting fits again! They haven't done a TVU recently because they think the irritation would cause more issues at this point. Just shy of four weeks then baby is welcome anytime :)

Annalise, you've made it so far! Keep up the positive attitude. We'll be praying for you and baby and for wisdom for the doctors!

Cyavca, it's so good to hear you and the baby are doing well! Bedrest is tough, and I haven't had to do hospital so I definitely can't complain! But try to keep your mind busy and keep positive about it all :) I'm 6.5 weeks down with a about 3.5 more to go. We'll keep you in our prayers for a healthy baby and a healthy you :)

Simone546, that's so encouraging that your CL increase! Mine did too after going on bedrest! They wouldn't give me progesterone since it's my first pregnancy... listen to your body. Some days I can do some things like dishes or fold laundry, but others I literally have to stay on the couch all day or else it turns not good... Keep it up! You're so close to that 25 week mark! Find shorter term milestones to look forward to and it helps! At least it does for me :)

Msjlow12, Keep us updated on how the scan goes! So good that you're not having a lot of ctracrions. Aren't thos days so exciting?! :)

VancouverMama

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016 at 01:41 PM »
Still cooking here! 33+4 and much happier resting at home (no new bleeds). I missed my 1 y/o a ton while I was at the hospital. I'm careful not to lift him, but it's nice just to get to spend more time together in the same room. Thankfully he's in daycare, which makes it easier on me. C-section scheduled for 12/2 (37+1) due to PP.

Annalise - So scary to know she'll have surgery soon after birth, but she'll be in good hands. It's good that they could identify it now though, so you can start mentally preparing.

Hang in there mamas! You are amazing women and are stronger than you can even imagine!

NAS2017baby

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2016 at 02:54 PM »
Hello ladies, this is my first time ever posting on a message board. Been on bedrest for 3 weeks due to incompetent cervix diagnosed at 16 weeks. Cervix subsequently went from 2.56 to 1.5 a week later, and, this past Friday, down to .5. Drs sent me for an emergency cerclage at that point. I'm now 19 weeks and 3 days. This is my first child. I recognize that bedrest is essential to help keep my baby in. Any suggestions for how to handle the anxiety and sadness that comes with laying alone all day? Im trying to not focus on the 15 weeks of bedrest ahead of me, but geez it's a long time! Also, because I don't feel "bad"/sick, it's increasingly difficult to comfortably lay. Yet I feel guilty when I stay standing for a minute or two after using the bathroom :'(

I realize I'm venting...I hope that's ok. Any advice or suggestions are welcomed. Please only positive stories.

Thanks!

BlossominSpring

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016 at 03:29 PM »
Hello ladies, good to hear that everyone is well and passing those important and difficult days. November now - hurrah - so time is ticking on.  I'm 33+4 today and have been on bedrest at home for 16 weeks for short cervix and irritable uterus. I'm glad to be nearly 34 weeks but starting to get uncomfy and so grumpy now after having been in and restricted for so long. Still, the end goal is finally in sight as I have a final growth ultrasound in a fortnight and my cerclage is being removed on the 25th November - I cannot wait!  This is my second bedrest baby and my little boy is now nearly three so it will be lovely to be able to be on my feet again and able to go to the park or a cafe with him. Dreaming of Winter coats and lovely chilly days together!

Annelise, will be thinking of you and your little girl and wishing her well for her surgery. She will be in safe and careful hands with her doctors but I know it must feel such a worry for you.

Cyavca, sorry to hear you'll be staying in hospital but happy news about baby'S growth and you're nearly 28 weeks now which is such a great milestone to pass.

Farmerswife, take care and keep resting. Nearly there now! Yay for the 33 weeks!

Vancouvermama, lovely to hear you're back home with your little man.

Andipants, glad to hear all is going well. Got my fingers crossed for you!

Nas2017, welcome and glad you've found us. You'll find lots of support and inspiration here. Bedrest is so so tough but keeping your mind busy is the best way to pass those hard, slow days. Nice things like visitors, skyping/phone calls, audio books, Netflix, knitting and reading keep me going. I started bedrest at 18 weeks (short cervix, cerclage) and the first part was the hardest but once you get a bit further on then the time will go quicker. And feel free to use this space to vent or share your feelings as we're all in the same boat and understand. Take care lovely.

Sending you positive wishes across the miles x

carida80

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2016 at 03:48 PM »
Carida80 here.  Still cooking. 29 weeks. YAY also my baby has been IUGR measuring at 4th percentile. She grew to the 6th, and now she just measured at the 15th!!!!  Preeclampsia symptoms are still minor for now.  So good news here. I hope all you baby cooking mamas have some good news this week as well. ????

Karen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2016 at 01:47 PM »
Hello ladies!!! With God's grace, i delivered a healthy baby boy last night at 9:36pm. Due to mild IUGR, i was induced at 36.4 weeks and he came out 5 lbs 6oz.

Birthing story:
On 11/3 i went in to have a growth check at 36 weeks and we found out baby was measuring 3 weeks behind due to placental cord restrictions. It was recommended that i get admitted for monitoring until induction at 36.4 weeks.

So yesterday 11/7 they moved me to labor and delivery. At 5pm doc came in to take cerclage out. It took 30 min cause it was really in there tight. It was painful! Tugging and the speculum was the worse! So finally stitch came out and right away i dilated to 4cm. Doc decided to break water then. Epidural was put in 15 mins later. 1 hr later i dilated to 6cm. Then 2 hrs later to 8 then 1 hr later to 9 then finally at 10cm. We did not even need the pitocin cause i was just dilating on my own. So, docs came in and had me start pushing...4 times i pushed then baby was out. Labor was easy peasy...i only felt alot of pressure. No pain. Taking the cerclage out was more painful to me.

Baby came out screaming. His sugar is measuring low so today they moved him to the NICU for monitoring. They have him hooked up on an IV and feeding tube through his nose due to unable to take formula right now. They said he was gagging and it could be from blood sugar fluctuation. So other than that he is fine and dandy. He should be out within 24 hrs if his sugar behaves.

jmomma

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2016 at 02:44 PM »
Hi everyone. 28+2 today! I'm so happy to have reached this milestone. I found out about my short cervix 10 weeks ago; it's crazy that I have come this far! I have been feeling good, other than starting to swell slightly, and for being soooo tired all the time now. Other than not exercising or doing anything too strenuous, I have been doing things pretty normally at this point. If I feel "off" I just lay down, but so far so good. Still feeling better than I did in the earlier weeks since finding out about the short cervix; I think the resting and progesterone have helped a ton.

I'll be keeping the rest of you in my prayers!

VancouverMama

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2016 at 05:05 PM »
Congratulations Karen!!! Glad everything is going okay and I hope he's out of the NICU soon (though this sounds like minor and probably not uncommon issue).

msjlow12

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2016 at 06:16 PM »
Hey mama's,  went in today for growth scan, I went today due irriation,  so I was a week early.  All is well. It felt so good to get out. I actually dressed up, put make up on and walked into the office. I usually dont do no walking.  MD said I can move a little more so I will in moderation. I received a steroid shot today and will get the second tomorrow.  Its their protocol.  Looks like cerclage will be removed at 36+. Cervix is still the same, thin, closed and cerclages still intact (:    Karen congrats, on your bundle of joy. I bet he's so handsome.  (: