Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for November 14, 2016  (Read 4745 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for November 14, 2016
« on: November 14, 2016 at 09:01 AM »
Hello, my dears!

Thursday is World Prematurity Day! If you have a blog or a social media account, write or share a post about it.  Anyone can follow along on Twitter (#WorldPrematurityDay) and Facebook, starting with the March of Dimes (https://twitter.com/modhealthtalk; https://www.facebook.com/marchofdimes), who will lead you to other blogs, tweets and posts.

I hope to see ALL of you in the Chat Room tomorrow at 2 pm Eastern. Keep 'em cookin', mamas!

--Angela

Live chat: Join us every Tuesday at 2 pm Eastern time/11 am Pacific time for a live chat with other bedrest moms: http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/
Please keep this forum going: http://bit.ly/2f8KA9b We're at $805 of our $2365 annual need.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016 at 11:10 PM by Angela »

BlossominSpring

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for November 14, 2016
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016 at 10:08 AM »
Hello everyone and hope you've all had a peaceful week. I'm now 34+4 and feeling so ready to get off bedrest in a few weeks! It's been lovely to see lots of ladies that were here at the beginnng of my bedrest delivering their babies safely over the weeks. Your support and stories have been so important for me and kept me going on some tough days.

Stitch out on the 25th November so not too long left, thank heavens.  It's been a long haul - home bedrest since just under 18 weeks - but I'm getting excited about the baby now and about being able to go out with my little boy again. Hoping to make it to 36 weeks at least and I'm wondering how soon after my stitch removal the baby will arrrive? If only we had a crystal ball! Scan next Tuesday to check growth and that all looks well in case I might need to be induced.

I've just started watching Parks and Recreation on Amazon and loving it.  What is everyone else watching this week?

Thinking of you all this week, mamas, and of those ladies whose week has been a bumpy one. Sending you all positive thoughts and wishes from the rainy U.K.

Cyavca

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016 at 11:54 AM »
Blossominspring...you are so close...yay!!! I hope you make it to 36 weeks and everything goes well. I was watching "Call the midwife" but is over now...I miss it... I started watching "The Crown" which seems pretty good too.

I am 28 W 1 D today Yay it feels like a great milestone to reach but hoping to make it to 35-36, had an US this morning and everything looks the same, VASA PREVIA still there no change, cervix is 3.5 and baby looks good so I just have to hangout here at the hospital for awhile longer. Healthy vibes for everyone!!!

StillExpecting

• View Profile
Ups and Downs...mostly Ups!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016 at 02:31 PM »
Hello Dear Ladies!

Thankful for you all! :) We're still here at 34 weeks tomorrow! Continuing home bed rest....and I've had a few days going nuts, one day just finally cried...but I felt better after. :) My sweet husband said, "It's OK. Cry it out." ....and I did! Ha! It was a little discouraging having my OB's NP ask me at my last appointment, "You're on bed rest? Why?" I had to explain what the OB was thinking about a short cervix, etc. She was surprised I was actually "doing it". Good grief! That was ....a little discouraging. But! We do what we have to.

I am curious about what you ladies have heard about a safe time to end bed rest. Does the OB/MFM usually wait until 37 weeks?

Blossominspring! You are a trooper! I bet you can't wait to get out with your little pumpkin! I like Foyle's War (Acorn and Netflix) and Coloumbo. :) Call of the Midwife was too intense for me! Actually, so was Blechly. I liked them, but just too much adrenelin going! :P

Cyavca- You are amazing! 28 is a great point to be at. I'm so happy for you and your little one! Praying for you to make full term with your little one!

We are getting excited here...perhaps prematurely. : ) I'd love to be getting the baby room ready, but since I'll probably keep the baby in my room about a month before moving him to the crib, I've finally decided that the room can wait until after he is born. My parents should be visiting by then, too and it's fun to do projects together while they are here. They are half way across the US, so it's always a treat to have them.

Praying for you all, stamina, endurance, encouragement and safe, happy, swimming babies!

carida80

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016 at 02:49 PM »
carida here.  I had quite an exciting week. Last Monday ultrasound showed huge growth. She went from 6th to 15th percentile, well out of IUGR range. YAY. As a result the MFMgroup said that they would let me move to at home bedrest.  I jumped on that and have been home since Tuesday afternoon.  It has been wonderful.  I was almost readmitted last Friday because getting out of the house and going in for monitoring and blood work spikes my BP up and it takes at least 30-45mins to get it back down.  I have another appointment tomorrow and it might send me back to the hospital, even though my at home BP looks good. We shall see. If I do need to go back I feel more peaceful after a week at home and knowing that we are getting close to when the preeclampsia is likely to worsen. 
Blossominspring So glad for you that there is a close end in sight.  It is fun transitioning to being excited about meeting baby, instead of only focusing on keeping them inside. Good luck and keep us posted.
Cyavca 28 weeks is a major celebration. I know when I hit that mark, my general stress level went down a lot.  Keep up the good work. 
As for how I keep entertained.  I cycle through some of my favorite shows, like Downton and Sherlock while I knit NICU hats. I use a hat loom so it goes fast. It's fun.
StillExpecting, you are doing great. At home bed rest it tough but totally doable and I think a good cry is a great coping mechanism. It lets out all the emotion and then we can get back on a more even plain.  My MFM group won't take me off bedrest until after my c-section, but preeclampsia is very different than a short cervix 

MommaV

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016 at 02:51 PM »
Hello bedrest ladies, I did 4 weeks of bedrest for shortening cervix and history of PTD. I'm now 37+2 and completely off bedrest. My cervix was 3cm dilated and still 2cm long at my last check 2 weeks ago. I see my OB on Wednesday so we will see where I'm at now. It's kinda funny, I thought I'd deliver as soon as I was off bedrest and progesterone. But here I am, just hanging in there, I took my son for a nice walk outside today. I'm realizing it will take me some time to get my strength back after only 4 weeks of bedrest.

I watched "the good wife" and "homeland" on Netflix recently. Even though I'm off bedrest, I'm still tired so I'm crocheting a bit and working on some long overdue photo album projects. Take care ladies!! When I was on bedrest I really thought time was standing still, but it will pass and you might just want a day on the couch again, where you don't have to make dinner or do any housework!! Cherish the rest!

V

msjlow12

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016 at 03:51 PM »
Hello mama's,  so you all know I ended up in the hospital early Friday morning due to leaking fluid,  prom. So Saturday night I started with severe menstrual cramps with tightening in the vagina.  That went on after 2 visteril and morphine. Nothing helped.  They decided to take cerclage out. Went from 2cm to 7 cm immediately. From there I was rushed to the OR, my husband had made right when they stared to shave me. Emergency C-section done due to baby being breech. Isaiah Eden made his grand entrance on Sunday 11/13/2016 at 4:04am.  He weighs 4lbs and 4 0z 19 inch long born at 31.4 weeks.  He's doing great. Started with formula feed today. They want to take him off the oxygen tomorrow.  He is so precious.  I'm doing good. Just that c section pain, man,  lets just say I don't miss any pain meds doses. God bless you all ladies (:

carida80

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016 at 05:13 PM »
msjlow12, congratulations. I am super impressed, my first baby was born at 35 weeks and weighed 4lbs 5oz.  He is a big guy for a 31 weeker, and that makes a huge difference.  C-section recovery is tough, I have been there. Pain meds are your best friend. Enjoy your little Boy. I am so happy for you. ????

Karen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016 at 12:44 AM »
Msjlow: congratulations!!! You made it! We made it!! That is great to hear that little Isaiah is doing great. I got lucky and did not have to have a csection but i did end up having post pregnancy hypertension in which i was given magnesium sulfate for 24 hrs and not allowed to get out of hospital bed. That mag was soooo evil!! It made me ache all over like i was hit by an 18 wheeler.

VancouverMama

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2016 at 01:44 AM »
Great to hear from everyone!
msjlow12 - congrats on your little guy. I'm sure he's a fighter and will be making huge leaps forward over the next few weeks.!
MommaV - yay for being off bedrest.
carida80 - wow! What a jump. You're clearly doing something right.
Cyavca - congrats on the milestone.
StillExpection - how frustrating to have to explain your bedrest to the NP. She clearly didn't have the full story.
BlossominSpring - we have the same due date. We're in the home stretch now.
Karen - uggg! Just when you thought the hard part was over. Hopefully this was the last of the surprises for you and it'll be smooth sailing from here on out.

I'm at 34+4 with a c-section scheduled at 37 weeks. At 35 weeks, they'll do a c-section if I have any more bleeding. Which means that I've probably avoided an extended hospital stay at this point. Hooray! I feel for all you ladies who are spending multiple weeks there. I was miserable for the week I was in.

Stay strong mamas! You are all amazing women.

msjlow12

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2016 at 07:11 AM »
Thank you mama's (:

BlossominSpring

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2016 at 07:46 AM »
Congratulations msjlow12 and welcome to sweet baby Isaiah! What a beautiful name and I'm so glad to hear that he's doing well. You take care and rest up, lovely. Thinking of you all. X

andi-pants

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2016 at 08:15 AM »
First off, congratulations msjlow12 on the arrival of your baby!!!!!!

Glad to hear everyone else is doing well and still pregnant! I'm 9 weeks tomorrow, still doing well. I have the NT scan in 3 weeks and will have a cervical length scan at the same time to make sure everything is looking good. I have hyperemesis again so things have been rough, spent this past weekend in hospital for IV fluids and meds. I'm the sole breadwinner right now so this is super stressful. My prescription for diclectin was $193 and change! And that's only a month's supply! I could only afford to get half of it filled, couldn't afford to fill the ondansetron at all, and I have no idea how I'll pay for the other half of the diclectin. I don't want to take the ondansetron over the diclectin, it is cheaper but there are questions now about its safety (it can cause heart/kidney defects? My son has a heart murmur that he sees the cardiologist for once/year, I was on ondansetron for the whole pregnancy with him). I can't not take the diclectin because if I don't I'll be too sick to work but I still have bills to pay that can't get put off. And I'm self employed so EI/disability isn't an option for me (we have to pay in but can't draw). Feeling super stressed right now :(

Last night I had a nightmare that I went into PTL again, it was so realistic, I could smell the ambulance, feel the contractions, felt that same horrible sense of fear and dread. I hope that's not a prediction of things to come.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2016 at 02:04 PM »
I'm standing by in the Chat Room ... http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/

StillExpecting

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2016 at 06:18 PM »
MSJLOW12- WOW! So happy for you, girl! I know this is earlier than you were hoping, but it is so sweet to hear your little guy is doing so well. He is very long, too! My full-term first baby was 19 inches long and he is now in the 95% for height. Look out! You'll be going through clothes sizes quickly soon! I love the name! In fact, that's our baby name, too, Isaiah! :) Love it!

Andi-pants: I am so sorry to hear about your situation! That is really tough and especially when you physically don't feel great! Do you have some extended family who could help you out with meds for a little while? I know self-employed has perks, but it can also be really tough when you're the bottom line on everything! Praying your nausea subsides and your strength can return to do what you need to do. Keep us posted!