Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: 31 weeks, irritable uterus  (Read 1770 times)

Andrasme

• View Profile
31 weeks, irritable uterus
« on: November 22, 2016 at 11:40 AM »
Hello all,

I have recently been placed on modified bed rest following a 2 day hospital stay due to unexplained preterm contractions. My cervix is 85% thinned out and slightly shortened. I was put on magnesium sulfate during the hospital stay and am now taking Procardia every 6 hours to try to keep my little guy in there. I am due January 21 with a boy but we are just hoping he will stay in for another 4 to 6 weeks! I have done a good job keeping myself entertained so far but it hasn't been very long! Right now I am just happy to be at home and not in the hospital! Trying to keep a positive attitude and not focus on the things I can't do (like Thanksgiving festivities and wedding dress shopping with my little sister!) This year for Thanksgiving, I am super thankful for FaceTime!!!

StillExpecting

• View Profile
Re: 31 weeks, irritable uterus
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016 at 10:49 PM »
Hello, Andrasme!

Welcome and congrats on your little one! It it strange to be unable to do so many things. I missed flying to see my sister's first little baby...like you said, thankful for technology that can connect us. :) Hang in there. You're so close to the end. A month, week by week, can go by more quickly than you'd think! :)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: 31 weeks, irritable uterus
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016 at 09:53 AM »
Hi, Andrasme! I'm so glad you joined our group. How has the past week been? Any contractions? Hopefully no more trips back to the hospital!

Positive thoughts coming your way!
Angela