Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Incompetent cervix, shirodkah and twins!.  (Read 2420 times)

MrsR

• View Profile
Incompetent cervix, shirodkah and twins!.
« on: November 20, 2016 at 04:03 PM »
I'm newly pregnant with surprise twins! Just over 8 weeks, I'm really worried about how this pregnancy is going to go and if I can get these twins to a safe gestation. I have a shirodkah cerclage booked in for just after 12 weeks and have a fantastic doctor to do it.

Abit about my history, me and my husband had IVF back in 2013 which was successful but our little boy was born at just 18 weeks 2 days due to my water bulging and an undiagnosed incompetent cervix. We then conceived naturally and had a cerclage placed at 14 weeks and I managed to carry my little boy to 31 weeks 5 days when he was born due to an unrelated issue.

I've now had the shock of my life when we conceived naturally again (hubby was told he was pretty much infertile) this time with twins. I suppose I'm looking for success stories because I'm so scared of loosing these babies like we did our first.

Sorry for the long post, thanks in advance.

VancouverMama

• View Profile
Re: Incompetent cervix, shirodkah and twins!.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016 at 12:18 AM »
Welcome! Sounds like you've been through this before. I don't have a similar story, but I just wanted to let you know that I'll be rooting for you and the twins.

MrsR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016 at 06:03 AM »
Thank you very much. X

carida80

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016 at 12:20 PM »
MrsR,
My story is very different than yours.  I can hardly imagine what you are going through. Here is a bit of my story, if it helps.
 Around this exact time last year I had a spontaneous miscarriage. My baby passed at 11 weeks but my body was carrying on like nothing was wrong, so we didn't find out until 14 weeks when we went in for an US to confirm due date. That was my fifth pregnancy. I can never quite find the right words to express what that has been like for me.  Fast forward to now, I am 31 weeks pregnant with my 6th and as we are now approaching the time of year that we lost our baby last year my anxiety has been pretty bad.  My baby was diagnosed with IUGR at 22 weeks.  I was diagnosed with preeclampsia at 25 weeks.  Miracles can happen and at 29 weeks my baby had launched herself right out of IUGR status.  Everyone, even the Drs thought that we would deliver at 25-27weeks, now we are looking at 32 weeks + 
I wish I could promise miracles to every mom expecting their sweet rainbow baby, or babies ???? I know for sure that miracles happen.  I am praying for and rooting for those twins.  I hope that we can both manage the anxiety. ????
Keep us posted.

MrsR

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016 at 05:35 PM »
Thank you very much for your well wishes.

I'm very sorry for your previous loss and k hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly. X

StillExpecting

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016 at 10:52 PM »
Mrs. R. How amazing to have surprise twins! That is amazing. We're all rooting for you. Praying for you and your precious little ones! Hang in there, Mama!

MrsR

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016 at 03:40 PM »
They were such a huge surprise!, still can't believe it even now!.

I'm struggling right now, I feel my cervix is going to give up any moment and I won't get to my cerclage date. I feel so along right now I have no one to talk to or anyone to help me get more rest as I have a 20 month old baby on the go constantly.

I'm so scared :'(