Author Topic: Worried  (Read 648 times)

BoredTeacher

• View Profile
Worried
« on: December 03, 2016 at 01:16 PM »
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has been through this yet. I went in for a cervical length measurement yesterday and they found I had shortened from 1.4cm to .8 cm. I just reached 25 weeks today. They kept me overnight for observation and no contractions but I have not been having some of the pains I have had at home. I am worried about being discharged bc with my cervix being so thin and me not really knowing what a contraction feels like, I am worried I will miss some crucial sign. Already had my 1st round to Betamethasone. I assume that since the Drs see no reason to keep me there is no reason, I guess looking for some piece of mind. Not used to good news lately.

Grace2016

• View Profile
Re: Worried
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016 at 10:37 PM »
Hi,

I was at .8mm 4 weeks ago at 17 weeks and was sent home on bedrest. During my follow up my cervix length slightly increased but I am kinda strict with my bedrest.  If you can relax and stay off your feet it could help.

BoredTeacher

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016 at 08:13 AM »
Thanks, that does help to hear that someone else at the same length was given the same dr. Orders. Here is hoping to staying steady and no more shortening for both of us until the time is right.

Grace2016

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016 at 11:46 PM »
Hi BoredTeacher,

How are you doing?  I went for a follow up today and my cervix length increase slightly to 1.3cm.  However, my fFN test came back positive so I will go to the hospital tomorrow and start the course of steroids to help develop the baby lungs in case I go in labor early.

Grace

Positive vibes

sterlingrose

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017 at 08:48 PM »
Hi Bored Teacher, hope you and baby are well. I am in a similar boat. I plan to ask the doctor for a monitor that I can wear at home which will tell me if I am having contractions. Perhaps your doctor will give one to you? Hopefully your insurance will cover it.

BoredTeacher

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017 at 04:10 AM »
Grace, sorry to hear you are in a similar boat with me. How are you doing now? I am down to no cervix and now am still cooking at 31 weeks 3 days but admitted bc of a positive ffn test and contractions that I am not feeling. Hope you are still cooking and home on bed rest!

Sterlingrose, how are you doing and did you get your monitor!

sterlingrose

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017 at 11:03 PM »
Hi. Just had my doctor appointment today. For once, it wasn't bad news. The doctor says the pessary is holding well. The cervix is now closed. (It basically clamps it together). I was worried at first because he and nurse were whispering, and the exam took forever. Turns out they were just being thorough and looking at everything because they couldn't believe the results.

So I asked the doctor if I could move around more, and he said no. Remain on full bed rest because this was our first step forward and we don't want to take any steps back. He also didn't think I need a monitor at this time.

Honestly though, being stuck inside the house is no picnic. I feel like I'm being punished and am in jail. The cabin fever is starting to get to me.

Best wishes for you!!!

BoredTeacher

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017 at 11:25 PM »
That is all great news! Glad to hear you had a good appointment. Fingers crossed for you that your cervix remains shut. They decide tomorrow if I will stay in or go home, no idea which one I would prefer. Cabin fever is real after my first week at home I started to loose it. I've found that knitting is relaxing and some friends have sent me coloring books, as silly as it sounds it helps to pass the time and wishing you a good few weeks more at least!