Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Roll Call for Monday, May 31!  (Read 4939 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Roll Call for Monday, May 31!
« on: May 31, 2010 at 11:17 AM »
I'm really looking forward to your updates today!

How many weeks are you? Any OB appointments this week? What are you looking forward to this week?

ladygartman

• View Profile
Re: Roll Call for Monday, May 31!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010 at 11:58 AM »
Our little guy is finally here!  I made it to 38 weeks, spending just over 11 weeks in the hospital!  Evan Reese Gartman was born on Saturday May 29, 7 lbs 2 oz, 18 in. long.  It sure was a long and tiresome day!  The last food I ate was at 2 am and our c-section was scheduled at 11:30 am.  Of course, delays happen and I didn't enter the OR until 2 pm.  The surgery went well-he is very healthy, no issues with the lungs!  We still can't believe this little guy is ours!  I will most likely be able to go home tomorrow, yay!  Outside world, here I come, and I have a beautiful baby to show off!
I hope everyone else is hanging in there.  It is totally worth it.

gartmansays

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010 at 01:12 PM »

drapkowicz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010 at 02:29 PM »
After 5 and a half weeks of hospital bedrest baby Rapkowicz is here! Charles "Charlie" William Rapkowicz was born last night, May 30th at 5:40pm weighing 3lbs 14oz. and 16 3/4 inches long.  We were only 29 weeks and 4 days and started contracting about 2mins apart very early sunday morning.  I was hoping that they would die out over the coarse of the morning but they didn't...  The doc's didnt want to try and stop the labor for fear of any infectious process that might have been going on.  I was showing no signs of infection, but they were not taking any chances. They said when you go into labor after ruptured membranes it is usually for a reason, and since i had made it over the usual amount of time they let it happen.  After an extremely long day, and about a dozen emotional roller coasters later......he is here!  I had mixed emotions about delivering so early, i wish i could have gone atleat a few weeks longer for obvious reasons but i also wanted to go home so badly.  I have had to realize that i had no control over going into labor and that i gave my baby 5 and half more weeks to grow, but when i see him in the NICU i cant help but feel like i wish i had somehow done more.... As a mother, this is very hard and the whole thing seems surreal.  Well, Baby Charlie is doing good and they are happy with is first night and first day.  We have a bit of a long road ahead, but i know my family and friends will be there to help along the way.   Congrats to Ladygartman and her family! Way to go!! You are an inspiration for us all!!
 Thank you all for being there for me to vent and ask questions for the last 5 wks. it's nice to have other women who know how hard you are trying!!  Keep em Cookin Ladies!!
Danielle

Luvmytieren

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010 at 03:11 PM »
First off- Congrats to Danilelle & LadyGartman!  I will keep both of your babies in prayer!

As for me, we had an OB appointment last week where it was determined I will remain on bed rest due to Placenta Previa.  Something we already knew but this week was different because my FMLA was up May 26th (Employers are only obligated to hold your spot for 12 weeks).  I have been at my job for 8 years so I was worried I'd suffer some sort of depression about it.  Surprisingly it lifted a weight off of me.  I think that when we are in this position, there are so many unknowns.  My job was another unknown.  So now that we have an answer to that I feel like we can plan a little better.  My husband and children went to California for his father's memorial this past week.  I was sorry to miss it but I had great "sitters" that came to take care of me.  It was a nice change of pace to have girls nights watching movies and such.  I think I'm finally - after almost 13 weeks on bed rest- getting the hang of this!  Which is good because there are still 14 weeks until my due date if I go full term.  Baby is big & healthy (I'm measureing 4cm ahead of schedule!) and we have officially entered the "alien belly" stage where my belly will shift and move all around!  I love it!  Glad to have you ladies for support!

Margaret

mktarrant

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010 at 03:17 PM »
Wow what an exciting weekend. For all the new babies out there - wishing you health and happiness.

I'm still here too!

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010 at 04:07 PM »
Congrats Danielle! I'll be praying for you all! It'll be a long road, but know that my cousin's 29-weeker (below) is now 8 months and SUCH a chub! And doing great.  :)

« Last Edit: May 31, 2010 at 04:19 PM by Angela »

Angela

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010 at 04:11 PM »
And delivery #3 within the past 3 days for the Keep 'Em Cookin' mamas! Just heard from @MadysMomEsq on Twitter.
She writes: After 20 weeks of best rest, the twins were born today. I appreciate the support of this forum. It's been wonderful. Liam Joshua (3 lb 10 oz, 2:18 AM) Maxwell "Max" Spence (3 lb 9 oz, 2:39 AM). They couldn't be doing any better.

And: Liam & Max's Twitter debut! http://tweetphoto.com/24867735

Welcome to Max and Liam! Congrats!!! 
--Angela
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010 at 04:13 PM by Angela »

MVetter1211

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010 at 07:54 PM »
Congrats to all the mommas who had their babies!!!  I am 34 weeks & 4 days today and I can't believe how close I'm getting to having my little guy here!  I am looking forward to tomorrow because my husband is off work.  I am also looking forward to Thursday because I have a doctor appointment and I'll have made it another week, week 35!   :)   

Addierama

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2010 at 08:37 PM »
I'm still here!  37 weeks today, c-section scheduled for June 9th!

Addie

madysmomesq

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010 at 09:23 PM »
I've been on bed rest for 20 weeks. I had my daughter at 29w2d so when I found out I was having twins we were all nervous. I had a cerclage at 12 weeks and still went into label at 21 weeks and was hospitalized. The twins came early this morning at 32 weeks - Liam Joshua weighing 3 lbs 10 oz and Maxwell "Max" Spence weighing 3 lbs 9 oz. They're not on oxygen and neither are tube fed. They are considered large for their gestation, esp for twins and we're just thankful.

I've kept up with the forum even though I didn't post. You guys have been very encouraging! :)

ButterflyRoyal

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2010 at 10:25 PM »
Hello everyone.  I am 34 weeks tomorrow. I have been on home bedrest and medication since 26 weeks because of contractions. I have to take my meds (turbutaline) every 5-6 hours and stay off my feet, unless I'm going to the bathroom. It's been a rough few weeks, but I know it will be worth it when I get to hold my beautiful daughter in my arms.

I had to go to the hospital today, because the contractions wouldn't stop. They gave me 3 doses of meds and sent me home. I see my OB on Wednesday morning and he is going to do another ultrasound to check the baby's development and overall health.
As long as Abigail (my baby) is healthy I will deal with whatever pain I have.   :)