Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Hi. Fourth baby. Preeclampsia 24+3. Sorry I don't have preterm labor  (Read 2069 times)

Cranberry48

• View Profile
But I've been told we'll probably have a preterm birth.  I just got done with my steroid shots yesterday.  On modified bed rest.  I'm not sure I belong here. 

I'm 40.  Expecting#4 on April 3.  Baby is a boy.  We are naming him Malachi Lewis.  I have a 16 yo son, almost 14 yo daughter, and my youngest will be 3 in February.

How do you prepare for a preterm labor and birth?  I'm kinda shocked by everything over the last few days.  My husband and I have been married for almost 19 years.  We've made it through many any hard times, we've got this.  I'm just trying to prepare.

Mamabear27

• View Profile
Re: Hi. Fourth baby. Preeclampsia 24+3. Sorry I don't have preterm labor
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016 at 09:25 AM »
I'm due April 1 with a little boy too!  When I was in the hospital last week I asked to see the lactation consultant so we could develop a plan for breastfeeding a premie.  They also offered a tour of the NICU (but hubby and I have both spent time there for work so declined).  I'm on modified bed rest too and I think we belong!  There's lots of reasons to keep em cookin!

ceecee31

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016 at 01:58 PM »
Of course you belong!! I'm not currently on bed rest but I still check out the forums as they were so helpful to me.

We were constantly preparing for a preterm birth...and it never came. One day passed, then another, then another...and then we hit 40 weeks.

I was initially put on bed rest for my short cervix but later developed preeclampsia around 34 weeks. I was on strict bed rest but I found that breathing e vet Isra, meditation, colouring, etc helped keep my blood pressure down.

Grace2016

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016 at 06:30 PM »
You belong here and we are here to encourage each other.  I am 23+4 with a short cervix and been on modified bed rest for 6 weeks.  I think preterm labor is not one challenge but a list of condition which led to a preterm delivery.   Just relax and keep your faith strong.  I am due April 10 but will be having a schedule c-section at 39 weeks.

Grace

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016 at 10:47 AM »
You definitely belong here and I am so glad you found us!

I have some excellent articles for you to take a look at. They are written by my good friend and colleague Parijat Deshpande. She is fantastic!

What to Expect When You Weren’t Expecting a High-Risk Pregnancy: http://www.parijatdeshpande.com/single-post/2016/03/14/What-to-Expect-When-You-Weren%E2%80%99t-Expecting-a-HighRisk-Pregnancy

5 Must-Dos If You May Have a Preemie: http://www.parijatdeshpande.com/single-post/2015/01/10/5-MustDos-If-You-May-Have-a-Preemie

Positive thoughts coming your way! Keep us posted.
--Angela