Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for December 19, 2016  (Read 2687 times)

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Monday Roll Call for December 19, 2016
« on: December 19, 2016 at 08:49 AM »
You've made it another week! Let us know how you're doing ladies!

I know the holidays are an extra difficult time to be on bedrest. You may not be seeing everyone you hoped to see, and you may have to abandon your usual traditions. Try to stay focused on what this extra time cookin' will mean for your baby for the rest of his or her life.

Count your blessings, and even write them down and share them with your partner or a friend. Don't hesitate to ask someone for what you need: a glass of water, another serving of mashed potatoes, a listening ear or a big hug.

Keep 'em cookin',
Angela

*Click on the Amazon ad above whenever you shop for anything on Amazon, and Amazon will donate 6% of the purchase price to KeepEmCookin.

See you at the Live Chat tomorrow at 2 pm EST/11 am PST! http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/

Cranberry48

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for December 19, 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016 at 01:20 PM »
I haven't been on bedrest quite a week...but I'm 25 weeks today!  I'm starting to get pretty bored on bedrest!  I'm enjoying my dr appointments as it's the only time I've been able to get out of house.  I currently have childcare for my toddler, but come January 4th, I have none for two months, so we are looking into hiring a nanny or mother's helper for two months.  It's been difficult finding help!

Cyavca

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016 at 04:15 PM »
Hi all, i hope everybody is doing good!! Cranberry48, I'm sorry you have to be on bedrest, I'm sure it will get easier for you once you get into a routine. I hope you are able to find a Nanny soon, I know how hard that can be.Hopefully you wont have to be on bedrest for the rest of the pregnancy.

I am 33W 1D today..yay..I do feel much better being this far along but wish I could go longer than 34 weeks. Doctors have scheduled my CS for 12/27 we will be 34W2D so I hope my baby girl does good, can't help to feel uneasy about it. I had my US today (probably the last one) and everything looked good, even the Vasa Previa moved a little bit away from the Cervix which is good but not enough to move the date further out...so I just have to take it and hope for the best!!

Mamabear27

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016 at 05:30 PM »
25 weeks 3 days.  10 days into bed rest.  I did some research into my diagnosis (likely chronic partial placental abruption) and really scared myself.  Apparently I can bleed out from my placenta at any time and we're almost an hour from the hospital.  Now I'm worried not only for my baby but also that this could leave my toddler without a mama.  Lots of quiet time alone to stew on it.  Wanted to get back in with MFM for another opinion but since this is something different than what I was initially referred for, they won't see me.  Have to get re-referred by my OB and they didn't return my call.  Seeing my therapist tomorrow so hopefully that will help.  Just can't shake the feeing something bad will happen to me or baby.

Cyavca

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016 at 06:29 PM »
Oh Mamabear27 I feel your pain as beside Vasa Previa I also have had placenta abruption. I have heavily bleed 3 times during this pregnancy, one of those my husband had to call 911 since the bleeding was so heavy and I passed out three times on the toilet. I am now 33W1D, I guess what I wanted to say is just do as much bed rest as possible, is hard not to look on the internet and get even more worried about it but try to focus on success stories. Definitely follow up with your doctor, weren't they the ones that told you you had an abruption? For what I have read abruptions can possibly heal, so rest as  much as posssible. Tell your doctor how far you are from the hospital, they might send you to do bedrest at the hospital  (which is hard but safer). I wish you all the best!!!

Mamabear27

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016 at 08:33 AM »
Thanks cyavca!  These bleeds are so scary and make me terrified to go out in public or work.  My last one was so heavy at work that I had to call out for help as I couldn't rig up anything sufficient to contain it and was worried I would pass out.  I'm glad to hear you've made it to 33 weeks!  Are they going to let you go to term?  I feel like my uterus is a ticking time bomb and want baby out safe as soon as he's big enough!  Thanks for your support!  It's nice to talk with soneone who really knows what this is like!

Cyavca

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016 at 09:20 AM »
Hey Mamabear27, that's how heavy my bleedings have been so yeah it is prettty scary. With Basa Previa they won't let you go past 35 weeks so my baby will be 34w2d when she is born next Tuesday if nothing else happens before then. I think I'm getting a little anxious about my CS and everything because my blood pressure is cramping up which also makes me worry about it ????????????. Trying to relax at the moment ????

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2016 at 02:02 PM »
We’re live in the Chat Room! http://keepemcookin.com/live-chat/

andi-pants

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2016 at 09:15 AM »
Hello! I hope everyone is doing well, sorry to see some new "faces" (screen names) but welcome anyhow!

I'm doing ok, 14+1 today, still feeling SO sick, still having to pay a ridiculous amount for my diclectin prescription (no prescription coverage this time around, which sucks). I go in for my next appointment on Jan 3rd with a new doctor. All has been going well, I invested in a home doppler to calm my nerves some. I check baby's heartbeat every night before I go to sleep, baby is doing well, I'm starting to show....doing my best to take it easy. Still having spotting on and off, I'll get a cervical length scan on the 3rd (I will be 1 day shy of 16 weeks then) as well to establish a baseline for my cervical length. Hoping everything looks good and that this spotting isn't a sign of cervical shortening this early!!!