Stay Social. Stay Sane.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Author Topic: Shortening cervix 26+2 weeks  (Read 5445 times)

Alps

• View Profile
Re: Shortening cervix 26+2 weeks
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2016 at 05:20 PM »
Quickly wanted to check how did you guys manage constipation and preventing pressure down there? Also, how often is ok to visit loo? I know keeping hydrated is important but how often is a loo trip allowed? It may be a fine balance but need your guidance here please.

BlossominSpring

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2016 at 06:21 PM »
UCH are great - that's where I was transferred in my first pregnancy! They have some brilliant consultants so you're in safe hands. Take care and wishing you a peaceful New Year's Eve x

Ps Don't fret too much about loo breaks - just drinks lots, eat plenty of fruit/veg and go whenever you need to. Prune juice or a few pieces of black liqourice will help stop any constipation.

ceecee31

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2016 at 11:06 PM »
Happy New Year, Alps!! You've got yourself a 2017 baby!!

There's no limit on loo breaks because you shouldn't try and hold the urine. It'll press down on everything, so go when you have to.

Water will help with constipation. I also added a spoonful of fibre powder stuff to drinks once a day which seemed to help. I can't stomach prunes but it does work. Pear juice does the same, which I drank. Apple juice too. And an overall healthy diet seemed to help (though you still need some treats on bed rest since you can't do anything else).

Alps

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2017 at 05:47 AM »
Thanks so much both of you... really helps. I will try out the options you have given. As of now they have also prescribed me Movicol as the constipation remedy but I did not want to continue it that long.

Hydration is the key and I will keep to it.

And yes, with all your support and the prayers of loved ones, I am into 2017! 4 more days to hit 28 weeks - my next milestone. I pray that Lord carries me through this journey so that I can carry my little one.

Keeping positive and hoping for my baby cooking longer and longer!
Happy 2017!

Alps

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2017 at 07:30 AM »
Another question - what is the best lying down position? Flat on back or sideways?

Alps

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2017 at 08:56 AM »
And do I keep my legs raised?

ceecee31

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2017 at 10:33 AM »
I never kept my legs raised but some women do...maybe a pillow? I think side or back is fine. I switched it up during the day. Some wome get light headed when they lay on their back while they are further along in their pregnancy. I never had that problem, so I did lay on my back a fair bit.

Eating pears really helped with constipation. Just have some high fibre fruit each day (prune juice if you can stomach it).

You are so close to 28 weeks!!! Just a few days away. It is a really huge milestone.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017 at 10:00 AM by ceecee31 »

Alps

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2017 at 06:48 AM »
Thank you... keeping all advice and keeping calm. 3 more days before I hit 28 weeks. Been here in the hospital now for a week. Waiting to hit Thursday now... please keep me in your prayers.

Keeping positive and praying hard!!

ceecee31

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2017 at 10:05 AM »
You are days away from 28 weeks!! Just focus on that...not 40 weeks. It's much easier to break things down into little manageable periods and just focus on one little day at a time.

Think of it this way, you've already made it through an entire week - that's amazing!!! xo

Alps

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2017 at 06:13 AM »
Phew!! 28 weeks it is:) so so so thankful to the Lord and all the prayers....!!!

My sugar is being monitored and it seems to be fluctuating... low after lunch but high after dinner...still to monitor. Antibiotics are being given too. Today they will do another cervical assessment to see if the membranes are bulging and then decide what to do next.

Please keep praying for me and keep sending positive vibes! My baby should keep cooking more....!
Thank you all for being there.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017 at 11:39 AM by Alps »

ceecee31

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2017 at 03:07 PM »
Congratulations,, this is a big day!!! The 28 week milestone is huge!! Look how far you've come.
One more day at a time. ????

Alps

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2017 at 08:48 AM »
Ok so some light in the tunnel... I was discharged yesterday and asked to rest at home. TVS showed the same as last week in cervical length, no deterioration. Thank God!!

Happy to be home but will continue being very strict with bedrest.
My sugars are high so they might start me on medication. Have to visit the hospital on Tuesday now.

The prayers and good wishes are working. When I left home for hospital this time I was very scared as the past experience kept flashing in front of my eyes and I was scared to death. Thankful that my little one is good and I have hope to carry him further and let him cook more.

Please keep me in your prayers and send me positive vibes - I need them more now.
Bedrest does not bother me anymore - I have got things to watch, do write little memoirs and have my lovely husband by my side.

Keeping faith and celebrating each day my little boy is in!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017 at 08:55 AM by Alps »

ceecee31

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2017 at 09:35 AM »
Hurrah, great news!!! Just stay horizontal as much as possible, pressure off of your cervix. You've hit the first big milestone. Your little guy is so much stronger than he would have been a few weeks ago.

I made myself a little bed rest corner!! Everything within reach, including a jug of water and a packed lunch with snacks. You'll be much more comfy at home.

Alps

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2017 at 07:11 AM »
Hello ladies, a quick question - were you advised to do pelvic floor exercises while on bedrest? Also, did anything change in your routine after 28 weeks?

Did anyone of you get GD? Any recommendations for diet? My after food sugars are under control but fasting ones are high.

Please keep me in your prayers, I need them more.
Being positive and getting used to my bedrest routine now.

Thank you all for being there.

ceecee31

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2017 at 02:08 PM »
Hello Alps!!

Hmm, I was never advised to do pelvic floor exercises. I did ankle twirls while laying down to keep blood flowing though. Have you been advised to?!

After 28 weeks I did feel a bit better, knowing that our chances were so much better. I think I was still pretty strict until 30 weeks. And then I only eased things up a bit - added in an extra shower, sat up a bit longer when eating, and I think my stress level dropped a bit. Then 32 weeks was amazing!! 32 weeks is huge. When it hit 32 weeks my nurses were over the moon when I went in for my transvaginal that week. They explained that after 32 weeks, you are really looking at growers (most development is done and babies just need to get bigger and maybe some help with their lungs).

So really, I'd say try to keep things moderately strict until 32 weeks. I was told at 34 weeks I would be discharged from hugh risk because at that they weren't concerned.  Of course at that appointment they found my BP had rocketed up and I started on BP medicine and ended up with gestational hypertension. So I was stuck in bed rest until my LO came.

I've had friends with GD though - try to eat lots of veggies and cut down on carbs. Protein is good too. Overall on bed rest I ate very well. Of course, I wasn't able to get up and stuff my face with unhealthy food.

But seriously, you are doing so well!! A few more days and you'll be 29 weeks and then onto the 3-0!!!
30 weeks seems so much older than 28 weeks to me. But mind you each day helps. Your baby is stronger today than tomorrow. xo

« Last Edit: January 10, 2017 at 11:25 PM by ceecee31 »