Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Shortening cervix 26+2 weeks  (Read 24864 times)

Alps

• View Profile
Re: Shortening cervix 26+2 weeks
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2017 at 10:24 AM »
High BP and been diagnosed with preeclampsia now!!!! Gosh, one thing after another and I feel so down. Been to hospital on Monday and today. Baby's scan is ok and he seems to be growing ok. Started on bp meds today.

I so so hope my bub keeps well and safe until as much possible. Have to go for a quick bp check again on Thursday!

I hope God carrys us further. Please pray for us!
Keeping my faith and praying . Some positive vibes will help please.

ceecee31

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2017 at 10:02 AM »
Hang it there, Alps!! I was diagnosed with preeclampsia and they kept telling us to expect an induction...but then things would look okay and they'd push us back a week. And my little one came fulll term.

I can't recall what meds I was on but they did help. And much like with the cervical issues keep resting to keep your BP down. I found trying to meditate helped.

Are you able to monitor your BP at home? I bought a small machine and we checked it twice a day. If it's high, relax wait a few minutes and then try again. Mine would often go down.

I'm thinking of you!!

Alps

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2017 at 12:41 PM »
Thanks a lot Ceecee. 33 weeks today! Went in for a bp check after starting medications and was ok. We do monitor it at home; strangely at home it's always been ok. I have white coat syndrome and that raises my bp in hospitals. Hence the medication has been started. Next checkup is Monday with diabetes team.

Did you get protein in your urine? Mine is clean, they say it's mild preeclampsia though.

I just hope my bub keeps I and grows ok. Thank you so much for being there. I do meditate each evening so I guess that helps.

Positive thoughts and longer cooking for all of us!
Amen!

ceecee31

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2017 at 02:39 PM »
Another week down - you're really in a good place. And you're almost at 34 weeks - at that point they aren't even that concerned with cervical length and even if your little one were to come now, he'd be okay.

My BP also tended to be higher at the hospital, which was no surprise given that we're already so stressed after being on bed rest. I also never had an any protein in my urine and had no other symptoms other than the high readings. So they decided to wait unitl over forty weeks...and I was induced a few days after hitting forty weeks. I did have mild preeclampsia. My BP also shot up after giving birth and I stayed on meds for a few weeks postpartum but then it went right back down to normal.

Hang in there, you've got this!

Alps

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2017 at 02:11 PM »
34 weeks... phew!! Thanks God and all the prayers that have got us this far. Next scan is scheduled for Monday and then seeing the obstetrician on Tuesday. Still on bed rest.

Ceecee what changes did you make at 34 weeks? Am I ok to move a little in the house or still keep as strict? All advise will be helpful.

When did you get stuff ready and did you buy baby's stuff as well?

Praying and keeping faith to make it to as many more days! Each day counts.
Thank you for being there.

ceecee31

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2017 at 03:34 PM »
You did it!! 34 weeks is incredible. Obviously the longer he's in three the better but at this point the big stress is off!!!

After 34 weeks they stopped measuring my cervix and if my blood pressure hadn't been a problem I would have been released from bed rest.

I went back to showering every other day and I sat up for a fair part of the day. So bed rest is still important because you need to rest but the pressure of the cervix isn't as big a worry. I still tried to keep still most of the day as my blood pressure was still an issue. And because  they were worried about my BP,we had to bring packed bags to every appointment at this point. So we had to have all the basics ready to go.

But babies really don't need much at first, so don't worry. A car seat, a place to sleep, diapers, a few outfits and you're good to go. You can get everything else after he arrives if you need too.

I'm so happy for you!!

Alps

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2017 at 04:21 PM »
Thanks so much Ceecee... you have been such a lovely friend. Unknown yet so known, far yet so near... your encouragement has meant so much!! 35 weeks today!! Thank God we have come this far.

The only thing is my baby is little small and not putting on enough weight... two more scans scheduled for next week and then the doctors will advise if I should be induced early. I hope all goes well and my bub is fine.

Keeping faith and praying! Keep me in your thoughts!

ceecee31

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2017 at 05:06 PM »
35 weeks is incredible - think of how far you've come!! Amazing!!

My son was full term and only 6lbs 10 ounces. Now I was a small baby myself, so I'm not sure if I just make little guys or if it was related to my high high BP. They did tell me they thought he might have lost some weight that last week cookin.

At this point, if they need to induce, it's a totally different story. He might need some help with breathing but he'll be pretty darn strong. They sort of weigh the benefits each week with a goal to keep them in as long as possible.

I think I mentioned previously, but when my BP shot up around 34 weeks, they kept telling me I'd be induced early and I had to bring my packed bag to every appointment then on forward. In the end, we induced after 40 weeks. And every week they'd say 'it'll be next week for sure'!!

You've done incredible!!!

Alps

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2017 at 02:21 PM »
Thanks Ceecee. 36 weeks today and I feel like I never knew how to count until here.

My induction is scheduled at 37 weeks so a weeks until then. I have a growth scan tomorrow and I hope my bub has put on a little weight. BP and sugar are controlled with medication but induction is planned as I am on insulin at bedtime.

Did you see a change in type of movement of the baby around this time? The movements I feel are a little fainter though he seems to move pretty much same and with same pattern. My last scan sowed a bit of fluid reduction but let's see how tomorrow's scan goes.

Final home run... I hope all goes well! Keep us in your thoughts and wish us luck!!

ceecee31

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2017 at 07:55 AM »
OMG - you'll have your baby next week!!! That's amazing!!! :)

When we first met you, you were 26 weeks and worried about getting through each day and now you're planning on meeting your baby who will be term. Another inspirational story about how we can keep 'me cookin'.

As the baby gets bigger and has less room to move around, it does feel different. More jabs here and there because they can no longer swim around.

Can't wait to hear all the news. xo

Alps

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2017 at 03:21 AM »
37 weeks today! It's a miracle!! I go in for induction today, hope all goes well. Please keep me in your prayers! God has indeed carried carried us through and so have so many prayers and blessings!

ceecee31

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2017 at 07:04 AM »
You did it - you reached term!!!! Woohoo.
Good luck today. I am so happy for you.

Angelicjaz218

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2017 at 02:03 PM »
Congrats on completing your journey. Best wishes for you and your baby!!!!
Jazmin

Alps

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2017 at 08:03 AM »
Thank you so much everyone! Specially Ceecee, you have been a great support!! My eagle has landed!! Low on both weight so coping tommaintain his body temperature. We are still at hospital but al looks stable. More news when I am home!!!

Thank you all and the great almighty for giving us our bundle of joy!

ceecee31

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2017 at 12:20 PM »
Hurrah!! I've been checking to see how you were doing. I'm so happy for you!!!

Rest up and take care of yourself. Enjoy your small but mighty little guy. My guy was only 6lbs 10oz and he was overdue, so he was tiny as well. But oh boy did he start to catch up eventually.

Edited to add: your little one was born almost a year after mine!! We celebrated a 1st birthday on March 9th, which, I think, was your induction date. When was your little guy actually born?

:D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017 at 09:48 AM by ceecee31 »