Stuck in BedStuck in Bed

Author Topic: Monday Roll Call for December 26  (Read 3090 times)

Cyavca

• View Profile
Monday Roll Call for December 26
« on: December 26, 2016 at 01:23 PM »
Hey girls, I hope its ok to open a roll call for today since I didn't see one already open... I'm sure everybody is busy with after christmas stuff. On that note I hope everyone had a great Xmas!!!

I am 34 W 1 D today ...yay... I am so excited to have make it this far. We are schedule for a CS tomorrow for which I am very anxious, but doctors think this is the right time to do it. Hoping everything goes well and that baby doesnt have to stay in the NICU for too long.

I know a few of you had your babies... hope you are doing great and give us an update whenever you get a chance.

Have a great day you all!!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016 at 09:05 AM by Angela »

Grace2016

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll call December 26
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016 at 06:54 PM »
Happy Monday!

I'm here and excited to be on bedrest at 25 weeks. My cervix length has increased  8mm to 1cm to 1.3cm since being put on modified bedrest at 17 weeks 4 days.  Stay focus ladies.

Grace

StillExpecting

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016 at 06:55 PM »
Cyavca- So excited for you to see your baby tomorrow! Praying for you! I'm hoping I can have mine tomorrow. We've had the strangest things happen...off modified bed rest at 37 weeks (yay), now tomorrow is 40 weeks. My OB is out of town...until Jan 2nd! Last week the NP checked me and thought I may have broke my water and wanted me to go to the hospital to check....so we did. They said my water hadn't broke, but I was at a five (!) and they could give me pitosin and we could have that baby. Seemed great timing...we were there with our bags, etc, sitter at home with our son, let's go. Then, they changed their minds. My earliest US was at 21 weeks and the doctor said that wasn't a good enough date to give them confidence to induce. "What if the baby is really 37 weeks, etc?" So...back home we went....still home...baby feels low. Really hoping not to have a home birth or car birth. Needless to say, it's been a bit nerve wracking this past week....and weird. Who knows....maybe we'll both have babies tomorrow! :) Thanks for checking in with everyone.

Cyavca

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016 at 09:21 PM »
Wow Stillexpecting, I thought you already had the baby by now, so yeah I hope you have your baby tomorrow too!!!! Wishing you the best from here.... I'm having dinner here soon, then monitoring baby for an hour and off to bed... they will let me sleep all night tonight and will start the CS at 7:30 am.... will update as soon as I can and you do too please.

Jasnath

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016 at 11:26 PM »
All the best tomorrow. I'm new here, been reading up on everyone's story. I was admitted to the hospital at 26weeks due to dilated cervix 2-3cm. Everyone thought I was gonna have the baby in no time but they were wrong. I came into the triage cos I was feeling mild period like cramping. I was expecting a quick check and then I return to work.
Anyways long story short after staying 2 months at the hospital I was discharged to go home at 35weeks. I'm thankful for the time gained in cooking my baby.
My hospital stay was full of ups and downs but we made it this far.

Proof that bed rest does work.....
I'll be happy to answer any question.

Alps

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016 at 04:15 AM »
These are inspiring stories. I have been admitted to the hospital due to brown mucus discharge. Waiting to be seen by the preterm experts tomorrow. I hope all goes wel. We have suffered a loss at 24 weeks in 2014 and very scared that things do not repeat. My cervix is shortened and they cannot put a stitch thisnlate. Fingers crossed! I hope i c an make it to 34 weeks atleast - an 26+5 today.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016 at 09:05 AM »
Cyavca, you are awesome! Thanks for kicking off the Monday Roll Call. And best of luck for a safe delivery. I'm so excited for you!

StillExpecting: How crazy! You're 40 weeks and "Still Expecting." Maybe everyone should make that their screen name.  ;) Wishing for a safe delivery for you as well!

Jasnath: Way to go on 35 weeks and counting! I hope you get to spend many weeks as a "normal" pregnant lady. Get out and show off that bump!

Welcome to the group, Grace!

Alps: I'm glad you're here. We have seen many inspirational stories and I hope they keep you going.

We won't have a Live Chat today, but we'll get back on track for that next Tuesday. http://www.keepemcookin.com/live-chat/

Keep 'em cookin', mamas!

Angela

BlossominSpring

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for December 26
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016 at 03:11 PM »
Hello ladies and merry Christmas! Wishing you all a peaceful week and sending you positive wishes across the miles.

Happy news to share! Our beautiful little boy was born on his 40 week due date on 22nd December. He's gorgeous and I'm so happy to have him here safely after that long bumpy pregnancy (18 weeks bedrest, cerclage, irritable uterus - the works!)It was a fast natural labour after my waters broke the morning of my due date. We were over the moon to hold him at last. A perfect Christmas gift.

I wanted to update you as I know that all the positive stories and happy endings on this site really gave me comfort and strength through some tough and frightening weeks. So hold tight to your dreams.

Take care all and sending you happy baby wishes from the UK xx

Cranberry48

• View Profile
Re: Monday Roll Call for December 26
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016 at 06:07 AM »
Hi everyone!  Just got admitted yesterday for preeclampsia and transferred to a larger hospital with a level 3 NICU.  Meds seem to be helping my blood pressure.  They have me on magnesium sulfate and labetalol, and migraine meds.  I'm not sure what exact plan is.  Right now hospital bedrest.  They are hoping to get me on oral meds, and send me home, but honestly I just find it impossible to rest at home.  I don't know what to think of everything.  Baby measured 2# 7 oz.  I'm 26+2.