Stay Social. Stay Sane.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Author Topic: Any Crohn's Disease mommas??  (Read 351 times)

andi-pants

• View Profile
Any Crohn's Disease mommas??
« on: January 15, 2017 at 05:52 PM »
So I'm having a serious flare up right now (I don't have Crohn's Disease, I have Behcet's Disease, which for me affects my GI system and has symptoms very similar to Crohn's), my stomach is full of ulcers and I can't even get water down without horrible pain. I just spent the weekend in the hospital and I'm home again today; I got admitted after I couldn't get anything down past the pain, not even water, and I began vomiting a mix of blood and bile. The pain is coming back and if I can't meet the amounts set out for water and liquid nutrition intake I'll have to go back and get re-admitted. They're talking tube placement now to bypass my stomach as I'm down almost 15lbs in the week since this flare up started with no end in sight, the meds aren't working and the flare up is now spreading from my stomach to mouth/esophagus as well. This is incredibly stressful considering my history of preterm labor, this is the first time I've had a flare up during pregnancy. I'm 18 weeks on Wednesday and they're now using language like "if you make it to viability, we'll have to consider early delivery". The "if" has me just sick with worry, and if the goal for delivery is viability I'm extremely worried about how baby will do and this pain is making it impossible to function. Just stressed and needed to vent.

Mamabear27

• View Profile
Re: Any Crohn's Disease mommas??
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017 at 06:23 PM »
So sorry you're going through this.  Sounds horribly painful and scary!  I have celiac so I feel lucky that I can control my disease.  Wish it were that easy for you!  Try to stay positive!  Babies can tolerate a lot of stress when mama's are sick and you're only a few weeks from viability.  I hope your therapies start to kick in and you start feeling better.