Author Topic: Pessary success stories? 2.0-2.2 at 20 weeks. New here....  (Read 390 times)

4shoemakers

• View Profile
Pessary success stories? 2.0-2.2 at 20 weeks. New here....
« on: January 21, 2017 at 07:05 PM »
Hi All  :)

I'm currently 21 weeks 4 days with b/g twins. We went in on week 18 to have our anatomy scan only to find my cervix was at a 2.5-2.8. The last measurement I had prior was at 12 weeks where I was a 3.4. After we got the news the doc immediately pet me on bed rest and said no more work until further notice. He also ordered a pessary that would be placed at my 20 week app. Cerclage wasn't in the cards because he believes in the evidence against it with twins and my cervix was tightly closed. Fast forward two appointments and measurements later, I'm now inching closer to 2. Had one at 19 weeks showing 2.2-2.4 and 20 weeks 2.0-2.2 (that is when I had the pessary placed). Doc told me at 20 week app it was likely bedrest would be where I'll stay until they are born (Due May 31st... but twins, so will be sooner. Hopefully not too much sooner!)

Really hoping for some other pessary stories out there or anyone with similar measurements that made it through this. To see my numbers continuing to decrease is heartbreaking and scary and just leads me to question "What if it just keeps decreasing at this pace?". My next appointment is this coming Wednesday the 26th and I'm PRAYING to get some good news. For now I'm just relaxing at home and getting up as little as possible as I do feel lots of pressure when I stand...

Thank you for any hopeful stories or advice you can share!

tcinks

• View Profile
Re: Pessary success stories? 2.0-2.2 at 20 weeks. New here....
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017 at 07:50 PM »
I don't have a similar story as I've only had singleton pregnancies, but just wanted to offer some support. :) I think as long as the pessary is in place and you're on strict bed rest, babies should stay put for a while. Do they also have you on some sort of progesterone?

4shoemakers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017 at 08:54 PM »
Thank you for your reply and support, it is much appreciated!  :)

And yes, I knew I was forgetting something... I am on 200 MG progesterone suppositories 2X a day.

Angelicjaz218

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017 at 01:13 PM »
Hello 4shoemakers,

In 2014 I was pregnant with a b/g twin and couldnt have a cerclage put in either. At 18 weeks for my anatomy scans I was told I was .2 and 2 centimeters dilated with bulging memebranes. I was then but on strict bed rest and got a pessary put in and progrestrone shots weekly. I was kept in the hospital till 22 weeks my sons water broke and I was given steroids . He was born that day and taken to the Nicu. I then was still on strict bedrest with my daughter for another 10 days. She was born at 23 and 3. My son was a fighter for 2 months in the Nicu then past. My daughter today is 2 and half years old and my miracle baby. I believe I made it as for as I did thanks to my pessary and I hope you make it much further than I. Many blessings being sent your way.
Jazmin

4shoemakers

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017 at 08:58 PM »
Hi Angelicjaz218,

First and foremost I am so sorry for your loss. Sending hugs. What a fighter your little girl is.

Thank you for sharing your experience. Really hoping to see that my pessary is doing its job at this week's doc appointment.

Angelicjaz218

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017 at 11:47 AM »
Wish you nothing but the best. Good Luck with your appoi tment on the 26th. Keep us updated!!!
Jazmin