Stay Social. Stay Sane.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Author Topic: Sudden onset of pink discharge with cerclage?  (Read 589 times)

LauraW

• View Profile
Sudden onset of pink discharge with cerclage?
« on: February 06, 2017 at 10:27 PM »
Hi,

I am on my second pregnancy....I posted here last year when I had an emergency cerclage at 21 weeks with my first baby. Ended up having him at 24 weeks and spending a looooong time in the NICU.

Anyway, I am pregnant again, got a preventative cerclage at 13 weeks this time. I am now 23 +4 weeks, and starting yesterday afternoon, I have had pinkish discharge. Not a ton, and mostly when I wipe. (TMI) I called my perinatalogist's office and spoke to the nurse this morning...she said they wouldn't be concerned unless it was bright red or filling a pad. Sorry, but I'm still concerned!!! Maybe if I had been having some spotting off and on ever since the cerclage, I would think it's just normal, but why have I had nothing for 10 weeks? It's a change in what has been normal for me, so that's why I'm afraid of cervical changes that might be happening. Especially since I'm basically right at the point that I delivered last time.

I do have an appointment already scheduled for Friday afternoon, but I just wished they would have had me come in today to give me some peace of mind!! 1.5 weeks ago at my last check, everything was looking good with a length of almost 3.9...I just keep thinking that things can change fast!
Has anyone else with a cerclage had pink spotting be normal and not had it result in bad outcomes? I'm debating trying to get in with my regular OB tomorrow just for a check, but would hate to waste everyone's time if it's just par for the course with a cerclage...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017 at 01:54 AM by LauraW »

LauraW

• View Profile
Re: Sudden onset of pink discharge with cerclage?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017 at 06:08 PM »
Just an update....I got in to see my OB today, and it ended up being bacterial vaginosis! I haven't had any other of the symptoms of that besides pink discharge. I'm glad to hear it's not my stitch pulling or cervix shortening/dilating.

Angela

• Administrator
  • It's all good. 39 weeks...no sweat
    • View Profile
    • KeepEmCookin
Re: Sudden onset of pink discharge with cerclage?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017 at 10:29 PM »
Phew! So glad you were able to get an earlier appointment. Great to hear your stitch and cervix are both behaving!