Author Topic: cerclage "symptoms" ?  (Read 568 times)

bubblegirl214

• View Profile
cerclage "symptoms" ?
« on: February 07, 2017 at 12:48 AM »
Hi there -

Any of you have a cerclage out there? My question is kinda TMI... If you have a cerclage, are there times you go the bathroom and feel like you have a tampon in? Every once in a while I do, and it sometimes triggers my nerves that something negative is happening, but I feel like I remember the feeling in the past as something like that. (this is my third cerclage, you'd think I'd remember or be used to it, but somehow you forget and/or the fears can still nag at you!)

Thanks! Just needing some reassurance that feeling is "normalish."

tcinks

• View Profile
Re: cerclage "symptoms" ?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017 at 05:10 PM »
Yes I think a lot of women feel this way. Extra blood flow to the area, maybe? I'm  also on progesterone shots which may contribute to the feeling.

Nickiedd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017 at 10:22 PM »
I just had mine placed at 13.5 weeks.  First one for me, I'm not on bed rest as it was a "preventative" cerclage but the recovery is still painful.  I feel swollen and tender inside and some pressure like feelings. Not sure if it's "normal" or not?  I do sometimes feel a similar feeling of something there but it passes quickly.  I've got my first check up next Friday so hopefully things keep healing.  What kind of cerclage did you get? The macdonald or the Shidahkar?
Dear Son #1
9 Angel babies
Dear Son #2 arrived early at 29 weeks doing great Dec 2012
Sneaker Suprise #3 (Girl!) Due Aug 22nd 2017
Cerclage placed at 13.5 Weeks

Cswain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017 at 05:04 AM »
I feel similar from time to time. When placing my progesterone,  I can't help but notice I feel a little swollen. I am not in pain and it's been awhile since my cerclage. I believe it to be vaginal rugae swelling.  ????

sacmom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017 at 03:51 AM »
Yes, I had a similar uncomfortable feeling from time to time with both of my cerclages. It was worse right after the cerclage and later in the pregnancy.